Foreigners in Thailand can register for vaccine from June 7

Just now, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Yes... sounds like the  app registration approach idea for foreigners has now been discarded. It's gonna be in-person, as things stand now.

And the next item on the covid agenda will be registration fees for non Thais perhaps

1 hour ago, pookiki said:

What was not clear to me - as it specifically relates to Bangkok - is whether the two registration centers (Vimut and Bang Rak) are the only places to register or can we go to the hospital that has our medical records as well? Given the number of foreigners in Bangkok, I am doubtful that there will be any same day jabs.

Ya, for Bangkok folks, that aspect/question wasn't clear.... Hopefully it will be clarified in the coming days....

1514865583_Vaccines2.jpg.f9572f43626af25d5ab93e6532d7b63c.jpg

I've had various medical procedures at 3 private hospitals in Pattaya & one in Sriracha over the past 10 years, one in Pattaya has opened a waiting list which both myself & my Mrs are registered on, no date as yet, I never had my medical records moved here from the UK so the only info they have on me is what I gave them on my visits, is that all they need ? And should I register my interest at all the hospitals I've been too ?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Saltire said:

What happened to the setting up of specific centres for foreigners with English speaking staff to take medical info and avoid any misunderstandings? Is that gone away along with the APP?

At least as regards Bangkok, it's starting off with these two that are supposed to have EN speaking staff available:

1699169299_Vaccines2.jpg.4322afd16f7b7b3ced6bbf6f3495acbd.jpg

46 minutes ago, jvs said:

Call me stupid but what is the difference between on 'on site and walk in'?

A case of ,same same but different?

Or could it be a bunch of grown ups playing kids games?

On site means you can go to that site and register for an appointment but you may not (probably will not) be vaccinated that same day, whereas 'walk in' implied you could just walk in to a place and get vaccinated immediately.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

That might bring a little more reasonable perspective to your numerous critical comments here....

Some just have sad lives. And TV is their outlet for bile. Let them be.

2 hours ago, dcsw53 said:

We're ahead of the game. I registered at Pattaya Memorial Hospital on Wednesday, Jab will be Moderna done in October.

At last some positive news from Pattaya !!

Five months from now.  Excellent.  I wonder what could possibly change in five months time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

No one's asking you to.

When the social security number was mentioned, I think it is for those persons who have work permits and have Thai social security numbers -- I could be wrong.  I've never been asked for my home country's social security number before.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sheryl said:
2 hours ago, WineOh said:

They are saying they have decided not to develop one as they were unable to resolve the verification issue due to lack of a central database for foreigners who do not have a Thai ID number.

Maybe the solution to that would be to give us all a Thai ID number then?

Complete with card & photo.

Problem solved ???? 

1 minute ago, pookiki said:

When the social security number was mentioned, I think it is for those persons who have work permits and have Thai social security numbers

Exactly. If you've ever worked here your employer 99% signed you up on Thai SS. And you'll have that number even after you quit/retire.

2 hours ago, Jackcwba said:

But what about the foreigners here in Thailand on tourist visas? Still lots of them here, they aren’t expats or residents as such. Are tourists still including in this ? I asked billy barrow and he said “it’s not known” 

there is no exclusion based on visa status and it is highly unlikely any hospital will even ask or check. (Indeed the hospitals don't know one type of visa from another).

They want your passport for ID, is all

• Like 1