Covid testing in CM for foreigners

stament

I'm not asking because I have the symptoms BTW, it was just something that I was discussing with a friend.  Seems foolish for the government not to offer the service for free to all, since we know not all people would be willing to pay for it, which increases the risk of infection amongst others.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, lordblackader said:

If you've been exposed to a known cluster or a place listed as a potential exposure site, free at the convention center and some other places.

Where did you receive the information? Can you flesh out the details?

• Like 1

The way I see this is the covid test They use Like in the UK is called a lateral flow test .take 30mins.  But can only be used if no symptoms..eg soar though running nose....the proper test cost 3,800b or so ..I reckon if you know someone who has been tested for covid .the close people with no symptoms probley get tested with the 30min test. For free . But the big if is it reads possitive..then your in for big money troubles...

16 hours ago, lordblackader said:

If you've been exposed to a known cluster or a place listed as a potential exposure site, free at the convention center and some other places. If you don't meet the criteria and you don't have Thai social security, you pay. 

What if you don't meet the criteria but do have Thai social security? Is it free then?  

17 hours ago, Fromas said:

Where did you receive the information? Can you flesh out the details?

The most recent notice from the Chiang Mai Communicable Disease Committee (CMDataCenter on Facebook) linked to a specific outbreak was May 12 in Thai - the cluster at Central Chiang Mai Memorial Hospital. It advises that people can get tested at a public hospital, the convention center or the Chiang Mai Tuberculosis Center

The gist is that you'll get a free test if you've been at a certain place at a certain time and potentially exposed. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, chuang said:

By the foreigners....

I would say the Govt too based on the report I read about the Thai govt trying to squeeze extra doses out of vaccine bottles....................   That's not penny pinching, that's risking life for pennies....

• Confused 1

As so often in Thailand, there isn't a hard and fast rule.

I have a social security card and was offered a free test last week when I requested.

However, that means waiting in a line with quite a lot of 'suspect' people.

I instead chose to get myself and family tested in our car. I private test. Cost 2,500.

We were negative.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2021 at 11:04 AM, stament said:

I'm not asking because I have the symptoms BTW, it was just something that I was discussing with a friend.  Seems foolish for the government not to offer the service for free to all, since we know not all people would be willing to pay for it, which increases the risk of infection amongst others.

I would be very cautious about asking for a test with out symptoms.

If found to be positive you will be forced to follow there command's.

Final result would be damaging to your wallet.

Best to self isolate . Lay low

4 hours ago, JRG23 said:

I instead chose to get myself and family tested in our car. I private test. Cost 2,500.

And, the reason you do not describe who/what did the testing ... is ... ?

~o:37;