Reminder: Alcohol sales banned in Thailand today

webfact

On 5/26/2021 at 8:24 AM, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Oh, they need that stuff to further do God's good work, like American televangelists in the 80's who needed those limos and private jets. I remember my grandma begging my great-grandma not to send them any money.

Now, now.    Those televangelists do a wonderful job of spreading the word of god and emptying the pockets of impoverished, poor people.

They need their jets to save the time otherwise spent in airport terminals.

• Haha 1

So the followers of the faith in Burma/Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam seem to head straight to hell.

None of these Buddhist countries (Burma is considerably more Buddhist than Thailand) has a ban on booze - so it seems yet another Thai governmental thing overpowering the small man on the road. 

Keep up the good work for what it's worth; the days will come where all this will be thrown overboard as absolute nonsense as "no booze" has absolutely nothing to do with religion or religious philosophy - me thinks! 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Lipoman said:

JohnyF, 

The reality is:  Your complaints about Thailand's laws & rules won't make a difference to those in power.   Just accept them and live your life accordingly.  Remember: You're a guest in the Kingdom, Thailand didn't send an invitation to you to reside in the Kingdom.  Adjust & adapt to their Customs, or depart the Kingdom.  How's that for simplicity? 

Limpman, the reality is that I am free to give my opinion on a public forum. And actually I was invited to live here by a Thai company that required my services setting up a factory.

Of course, cucks and apologists are welcome to disagree with me. But if you wish to do, at least come up with a better, more original argument than "if you don't like it go home".

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Limpman, the reality is that I am free to give my opinion on a public forum. And actually I was invited to live here by a Thai company that required my services setting up a factory.

Of course, cucks and apologists are welcome to disagree with me. But if you wish to do, at least come up with a better, more original argument than "if you don't like it go home".

How long is it taking to set this factory up.? You've been on here since 2007.

I am sure there is a logical answer. 

2 hours ago, rott said:

How long is it taking to set this factory up.? You've been on here since 2007.

I am sure there is a logical answer. 

That particular factory is long compete. I’ve moved on to far bigger projects since. But there was no expiry date on the invitation from the Thailand BOI.

Generally when I am invited to a function there is not a time specified that I must leave. I understand that for less desirable types this can sometimes be stipulated, but please don’t project your unfortunate and somewhat unusual experiences onto others. ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

That particular factory is long compete. I’ve moved on to far bigger projects since. But there was no expiry date on the invitation from the Thailand BOI.

Generally when I am invited to a function there is not a time specified that I must leave. I understand that for less desirable types this can sometimes be stipulated, but please don’t project your unfortunate and somewhat unusual experiences onto others. ????

???? I told you there would be a logical answer., ????

"While bars are closed and restaurants prohibited from serving alcohol due to COVID-19".

Oh yeah? Not IME; local plod have been around tipping off bars for several weeks now about how to carry on selling in a discrete way. TIT - the police force act totally independent from government directives.

Buddhist holidays are a different matter - the cops don't want bad karma, so there is greater compliance