Video: Chinese media critical of Thai police in damning footage from cop shooting at luxury house

webfact

5 minutes ago, JamieM said:

Try it and see how that goes for you, you would be shot dead immediately after firing the first warning shot ????

You are not part of a Chinese criminal network.

An alleged Chines criminal network. We do not not if that operation , whatever it turns out to be in truth, did or did not have Chinese sanction. The online gaming could just be part of a complex cover to fool the RTP, not that it would take much to fool the RTP.

1 minute ago, ChipButty said:

You can bet your last dollar this guy has some real connections in Thailand good to see the other side of the story for a change.

Change Thailand to China and I will agree. If he was well connected here they wouldn't have turned up without him knowing.

6 minutes ago, Excel said:

An alleged Chines criminal network. We do not not if that operation , whatever it turns out to be in truth, did or did not have Chinese sanction. The online gaming could just be part of a complex cover to fool the RTP, not that it would take much to fool the RTP.

Wherever this network ends it has links to Chinese state media, else why would they be protecting this guy?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JamieM said:

Wherever this network ends it has links to Chinese state media, else why would they be protecting this guy?

Who really knows what the true story is. The Chinese media, no doubt following state intervention, published the videos that cast the RTP in an appalling bad light yet the Thai government have not commented . So is someone or people in government up to their necks in it also ? who knows ? we don't and never will know the truth I doubt.

1 minute ago, Excel said:

Who really knows what the true story is. The Chinese media, no doubt following state intervention, published the videos that cast the RTP in an appalling bad light yet the Thai government have not commented . So is someone or people in government up to their necks in it also ? who knows ? we don't and never will know the truth I doubt.

Chinese state media would avoid any story that links a Chinese national being involved in serious crime abroad like the plague, unless they had a reason (or were ordered to) cover it.

Just now, JamieM said:

Chinese state media would avoid any story that links a Chinese national being involved in serious crime abroad like the plague, unless they had a reason (or were ordered to) cover it.

Hence your latter point proves my suggestion also.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JamieM said:

Protect? Looks like they are just pointing out facts.

From what we see in the footage I agree with the Chinese media, looks like some thugs trying to maybe kill or kidnap the Chinese guy, doesn't look like a police operation.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jackdd said:

From what we see in the footage I agree with the Chinese media, looks like some thugs trying to maybe kill or kidnap the Chinese guy, doesn't look like a police operation.

This is how serious crime units operate all over the world. They do not advertise their arrival.

• Haha 1

25 years ago my Jomtien home was broken into one Loi Kratong night when it was unoccupied. The following day, one of 13 attending police officers wanted to sell me his gun for 6,000baht. "You can use it to shoot intruders", he said, "but if you do use it, tell the police it was your wife who used it and not you".  I installed a burglar alarm instead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, JamieM said:

This is how serious crime units operate all over the world. They do not advertise their arrival.

Except in Thailand where the RTP generally tip of the big boys or those with high level connections prior to the raid. We know this from well documented historical accounts. So yes what you say is correct for almost all other countries but here you are dealing with an absolutely corrupt law enforcement agency and an administration system that is self serving so hence it is not so black and white.

2 minutes ago, prakhonchai nick said:

25 years ago my Jomtien home was broken into one Loi Kratong night when it was unoccupied. The following day, one of 13 attending police officers wanted to sell me his gun for 6,000baht. "You can use it to shoot intruders", he said, "but if you do use it, tell the police it was your wife who used it and not you".  I installed a burglar alarm instead.

wise decision

5 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Maybe you have watched too many American movies.

29 minutes ago, Excel said:

Except in Thailand where the RTP generally tip of the big boys or those with high level connections prior to the raid. We know this from well documented historical accounts. So yes what you say is correct for almost all other countries but here you are dealing with an absolutely corrupt law enforcement agency and an administration system that is self serving so hence it is not so black and white.

That's why I said to the poster above that this guy probably has high level links in China, not Thailand.

With high level links in China they feel confident enough that they don't need any in Thailand. They already feel like they own the place.

Why would they need /want to pay brown envelopes here? they feel they simply don't need to and judging by the Chinese state media response they are probably right.

Edited by JamieM

Regardless what the suspects lawyer thinks the Thai courts will find him guilty and will do many years if not life behind bars and pay fines up the ying yang. Whats his plea, I shot at them in self defense. If he killed one of them it would be a justified homicide perhaps.

This is not the U.S...... In Thailand and many other SEA countries your guilty until proven innocent.

He's got a legitimate point.  Cops in the West would be wearing vests with Police or FBI on them.  A whole crew of dudes with guns wearing civies could be anyone including gangs and mafia.  Fearing kidnapping by unidentified men with guns is rational. 
His primary issue is being a foreigner in possession of a firearm.  Not unheard of.  If you have enough money it was possible in the past. 

7 minutes ago, nightfox said:

Regardless what the suspects lawyer thinks the Thai courts will find him guilty and will do many years if not life behind bars and pay fines up the ying yang. Whats his plea, I shot at them in self defense. If he killed one of them it would be a justified homicide perhaps.

This is not the U.S...... In Thailand and many other SEA countries your guilty until proven innocent.

Maybe.  Maybe not.  This will worth watching.  The Chinese won't allow this to be memory-holed.

34 minutes ago, JamieM said:

I'm quite certain that serious crime units would observe the property, would know that the suspect is in his garden, and would just catch him there. They wouldn't just run into the house alone without any cover like some retards.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nightfox said:

Regardless, you shoot at a cop in any country your going down.

I'm gonna say this guy walks, you underestimate the power of the CCP and state media has over Thai officialdom.

2 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I'm quite certain that serious crime units would observe the property, would know that the suspect is in his garden, and would just catch him there. They wouldn't just run into the house alone without any cover like some retards.

TIT ????

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

No Flak Vest with POLICE on it or anything.

Around my neighborhood in BKK, a lot of the motocy taxi guys and even the condo security guards have vests or jackets with the name "police" on them....

Next time I see one of them, I'll have to ask them their views on Thai law enforcement..... ????

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, JamieM said:

Yep all we know is that nothing like this goes on state media without a nod from the CCP.

No. We're all told that nothing like this goes on state media without a nod from the CCP. When it comes to China, we don't know squat.

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Great to see the usual TV suspects standing up for the filthy rich, armed Chinese 'tourist' in his multi-million baht "dark side" mansion.

It's been pretty obvious for a while that there are many pro China shills here with multiple accounts trying to direct the narrative of any China related topic. 

This is a common tactic used by the Chinese government in forums and media all over the world.

Google "Wu mao" or "50 cent army"  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jackdd said:

But simply put the RTP are retards, ask anyone.

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

No. We're all told that nothing like this goes on state media without a nod from the CCP. When it comes to China, we don't know squat.

Speak for yourself, I know how they operate very well thank you very much ????

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JamieM said:

Technically possible but speculation right?

This guy obviously is a criminal that has links to the state or else why would state media be trying to protect him?

Even my cheap CCTV system has an internet connection and uploads everything to the cloud. Anyone whom I give the password can view and download the images.

• Like 1