Video: Chinese media critical of Thai police in damning footage from cop shooting at luxury house

webfact

16 minutes ago, itsari said:

Good to compare notes Liverpool Lou .

As in the army , Thai troops work with US troops in training exercises . 

Many laws in Thailand are based on US laws . Labor law for example .

Clearly you know little about Thailand's labour laws.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

If this happened in China to a Thai and Thai media complained they would be told it's an internal Chinese matter and nobody else's business.  

Darned right, 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He is Chinese.  He also has paid-for citizenship of St. Kitts and Nevis

Funny, when a Chinese citizen pays for an Australian citizenship, and then uses that citizenship to go back to China and stir up trouble, the west/Australia sees him as Australian.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

20 hours ago, BritManToo said:

What's the fine for a foreigner using his Thai maid/wife/gf's gun?

Not legal advice but most LE friends of mine suggest that it's fine to arm intruders after the fact as long as it's not on CCTV.   

1 hour ago, wadman said:

Funny, when a Chinese citizen pays for an Australian citizenship, and then uses that citizenship to go back to China and stir up trouble, the west/Australia sees him as Australian.

Is there a difference between an anti-CCP activist with dual-nationality and a criminal with two passports?

26 minutes ago, Accidental Tourist said:

...as the wealthy preferred "Tourist" ...

Don't you think it's odd that Thai Airways haven't scheduled any China flights to Phuket? 4 European cities and 2 Asian cities, but nothing from China. 

Edited by rbkk

15 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

We?  Do not include me in that we.

On the surface this is just another example of the incompetence and lack of professionalism of the RTP.  Yes, it is plausible. However, one never knows if there has been skillful editing at the China end of the presentation. We have edited CCTV recording do we not? Lost in story is whether or not this person was operating a gambling operation as stated in the warrant. Gambling operators are cruel and violent thugs, so this should be kept in mind. Maybe he was innocent and just a nice man, but we do not know.

This specific story plays to the current Chinese strategy of portraying the Chinese people of being at risk from foreign governments and in need of the protection of the Chinese military. It is a constant theme in mainland Chinese movies and in television dramas: Chinese even in the diaspora must stick together and support and help the motherland. In return, the motherland will protect them wherever they may be. I was on a pre Covid flight and the Chinese language movies shown onboard pushed this theme. One was about a security guard in Japan taking on the bad Japanese. Another was about a special agent sent to Africa to deal with bad westerners and ungrateful Africans.  The Thai event is perfect for promotion of the Chinese theme.

I know enough to accept that the Chinese military industrial complex controls the Chinese and some foreign media. A government political officer - a media liason had to clear the story. Yes I believe that the RTP blundered, but the Chinese national maynot be the sweet innocent victim as portrayed and it is also likely we are being given a story that promotes an excuse for the Chinese national.

Sounds a lot like the US movies I have seen exactly the same kind of plots. Strange that those are so widely accepted.

The guy has no right to defend himself like this not with the gun he has as you can't own something like that legally. So he was a criminal already. If you need a gun to defend yourself you obviously did something wrong. So I don't feel for the guy. He might have made a mistake in identification but if he did not have the gun it would not have happend. So lock him up and throw away the key.

On 5/26/2021 at 10:13 AM, Shuya said:

The army and police will be busy making up some law to retrospectively blame him for using his right to self defense. Good for him he's Chinese though. 

Nonsens!!! Him closed the door. So him was safe for the first moment.

Him not asked what was happen but shot a full magazine into the door with a illegal full automatic gun.

It not gave a reason to do this. Why him not call the police and / or Golf Club Security? 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, snowgard said:

It not gave a reason to do this. Why him not call the police and / or Golf Club Security? 

I don't know about you but where I am from Golf Club security are more used to removing ball stealing kids from courses, than armed people performing raids. Seems like he was ready for it too!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wadman said:
15 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He is Chinese.  He also has paid-for citizenship of St. Kitts and Nevis

Don't see the relevance of that comment but It'd be interesting to know how Australian citizenship can be bought.  

8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Don't see the relevance of that comment but It'd be interesting to know how Australian citizenship can be bought.  

Ten quid and away you go!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, itsari said:
15 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What have US SWAT teams' procedures got to do with the Thai police?

Good to compare notes Liverpool Lou .

As in the army , Thai troops work with US troops in training exercises . 

Many laws in Thailand are based on US laws . Labor law for example .

No, it's not good to compare US SWAT teams with Thai SWAT teams in this case, it's irrelevant and pointless.   Generally, RTP do not work with US police in the way that their respective armed forces do for training.

The laws of Thailand are not "based on US laws", they were based originally on European civil law and English common law which the laws of the US were based on in part.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:
15 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Ten quid and away you go!

I'd like to see someone try that these days.

• Haha 2

I start to wonder if Thailand have a problem with the police?! Real police officers in plain clothes behaving like a comedy hit team, and a fake police officers shooting a real gun in real police uniform...

On 5/26/2021 at 11:41 AM, Cake Monster said:

A few years back while living on a Moo Ban estate in Pattaya, there was a commotion outside in the street.

I opened the door to see what all the fuss was about ( as you would ), to be greeted with a pistol pointed at my head by a guy in plain cloths only.

F##k this was my reaction, " Police " he said, " Drug Bust ' on the House next door, ' Stay inside ".

This guy could have been anybody, and if it were not for one of those I.D things on a lanyard round his neck, I would not have known. 

No Flak Vest with POLICE on it or anything.

I suppose they think they are the SAS or something similar to get their egos up, but yes Brainless Stupidity.

I agree , the unrecognizable police were out of there league. Did not realize what they were getting into.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Leaver said:
On 5/27/2021 at 2:41 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

I'd like to see someone try that these days.

You don't need 10 quid if you claim you are a refugee.  

You're right, you probably need access to a lot more than £10 with no guarantee of a visa being granted!

On 5/26/2021 at 2:03 PM, BritManToo said:

Thai law, if people come on your land without permission, you can shoot them.

If they were wearing a police or army uniform, maybe I'd hesitate.

But those guys running from the vans .......... shoot first, ask questions later.

What's the fine for a foreigner using his Thai maid/wife/gf's gun?

Nonsense, were here not in Texas!

• Thanks 1