Video: Chinese media critical of Thai police in damning footage from cop shooting at luxury house

webfact

2 hours ago, khunPer said:

There must be more to the story before this sequence...????

There always is more to the story, in the beginning we had only the Police version ! And now we have a other side with CCTV with completely different information compared to the initial police statement. and now it's up to the lawyers !!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Maybe Scarface if he had had cctv could  show his innocence with some crafty editing even if he was guilty

Scarface had CCTV and it was gangsters coming to kill him, so it wasn't a matter of him being guilty of any crime.

Have to agree.  If I were up to no good, as these Chinese lads were, this very much would look like a hit on the way.  I was shocked when I saw the second group of police shown on the news (SWAT Team). Their approach and entry to the house looked like it was scripted for The Three Stooges.  Clearly, the RTP training budget has been ransacked.

• Like 2

A tale along similar lines:

Years ago, I was staying at the appallingly-bad 'resort' owned by my mad Thai ex in Phuket.  I was relaxing in the sala and playing with her 4-year old daughter.  The resort was quiet, with only 1 Thai guest - a man who stayed in his room most of the time.

4 Thai men in casual clothes walked up to me and asked in English where the Thai guest was.  Thinking they were friends of him, I pointed out the room.  Immediately, they all pulled out handguns and made for the room.  Thinking a 'hit' was in progress, I grabbed the kid and made myself scarce.

It turned out that the 4 men were police officers, and the Thai guy in the room had robbed his employer of 1 million baht, which he was taking to the bank.  He had decided to hide out at my ex's resort because - well, it was such a terrible place, no-one usually stayed there and therefore he wouldn't be disturbed!!

• Haha 1

certainly doesn't look like Search Warant Sereving was ever going to happen...

- That 'shoot first ask questions later' seems obvious...   

Very rare occasion to have to admit to erring on the side of a CCP dude!!

• Like 2

Reminiscent of 1985 killing of a Met Police officer impersonating a quasi-ninja in the grounds of Kenny Noye's Kent UK property

Basically expect to be treated for what you appear to be

Very 'Scarface-esque' backdoor sicarios storm on in - occupant gets them to "say harro to my little friend"

Let's call it a justified raid that the rozzers cocked-up spectacularly.

They must have known he was dangerous, because, for all their faults, the cops in LOS are usually low-key going into situations even when foreigners are clearly agitated etc. 

On the other hand, knowing that, why approach from the front, in civvies, in daylight, as an assault team?

I guess the casualties are punishment enough, so I'll leave it at that.

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

Fully agree with the Chinese man.

Not 1 of them in uniform, running towards the house, that is professional policing?

No way just looked like a bunch of thugs.

Well done R.T.P. The millions of people here who depend on tourism for their livelihood will thank you, for your brainless stupidity.

Did you blokes really watch the video. Look at the timing of the different segments. Up to an hour out of sync. Still believe in it.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Shuya said:

The army and police will be busy making up some law to retrospectively blame him for using his right to self defense. Good for him he's Chinese though. 

Correct me if I have got this wrong, but is it not illegal anyway for a foreigner to possess a gun in Thailand? I think they got him on that for starters.

• Confused 1

Just now, Proboscis said:

Correct me if I have got this wrong, but is it not illegal anyway for a foreigner to possess a gun in Thailand? I think they got him on that for starters.

its illegal for anyone without a license to own one. It is not possible to buy a gun without a license legally and foreigners are not able to get a license. It is also illegal to discharge a weapon in a threatening manner license holder or not. However That Chinese guy the RTP appear to have screwed over, what about if he has diplomatic immunity ? Then those "what ifs" go out of the window. Now just saying but stranger things have happened and there appears something strange about this whole episode.

3 hours ago, canthai55 said:

No wonder they got shot.

Rule #1 - secure the area.

Rule #2 - backup your partner

Running in like the proverbial chicken will get you in a KFC bucket right smartly

You never know but this rogue group of RTP maybe hoping to go in all guns blazing, liquidate the inhabitants so there were no witnesses, steal what they could in gold and money and then report it as a successful operation about online gambling organisers. But it all went wrong when the monkeys got shot back at. Just a scenario that is probable.

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Thai law, if people come on your land without permission, you can shoot them.

If they were wearing a police or army uniform, maybe I'd hesitate.

But those guys running from the vans .......... shoot first, ask questions later.

What's the fine for a foreigner using his Thai maid/wife/gf's gun?

I thought your gun was always loaded and ready for action.

14 minutes ago, Excel said:

its illegal for anyone without a license to own one. It is not possible to buy a gun without a license legally and foreigners are not able to get a license. It is also illegal to discharge a weapon in a threatening manner license holder or not. However That Chinese guy the RTP appear to have screwed over, what about if he has diplomatic immunity ? Then those "what ifs" go out of the window. Now just saying but stranger things have happened and there appears something strange about this whole episode.

Meet me at 11pm sharp, soi 18, corner Z, Roger?

I wear my kaki uniform.

Payment cash.

Copy

789D67C4-C650-40E0-A85A-31EF0182F27E_4_5005_c.jpeg

The footage was obtained by the Chinese media

I'm surprised no one is questioning how Chinese state media are able to get footage from a secured crime scene (potentially a murder scene) in another country?

Everyone that is saying this guy is ok to shoot the cops because they were not in uniform are delusional.

Do you think the serious crime task forces anywhere in the world wear uniform? no they don't they just turn up without uniforms on, so the criminal doesn't get tipped off. 

Serious criminals have eyes everywhere that is why they come without uniforms on.

Edited by JamieM
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, crisp said:

I’d have done the exact same thing ( if I had a gun )! A gang turning up at my house no one in uniform, how are you expected to know they are Police?

Try it and see how that goes for you, you would be shot dead immediately after firing the first warning shot ????

You are not part of a Chinese criminal network.

10 minutes ago, JamieM said:

I'm surprised no one is questioning how Chinese state media are able to get footage from a secured crime scene (potentially a murder scene) in another country.

automatically uploaded to a server and then the passwords given to attorney. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

automatically uploaded to a server and then the passwords given to attorney. 

Technically possible but speculation right?

This guy obviously is a criminal that has links to the state or else why would state media be trying to protect him?