Phuket Sandbox July 2021

nickc

On 5/26/2021 at 7:51 PM, nickc said:

Well in the group we have hoteliers and also agents like myself who are involved in the opening. We had several meetings this week so come and join the group and we posted the flights and also pcr tests in phuket coming next week. 

"...also agents like myself who are involved in the opening."

What kind of agent are you?

• Haha 1

On 5/27/2021 at 11:21 AM, stevenl said:

"7 days in Phuket at SHA+ approved accommodation (= >70% of staff vaccinated)"

So I won't be able to return to my home for the first 7 days?

Return yes, during the day, stay overnight, no.  It's a political compromise, it's not supposed to make sense.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, skatewash said:

Return yes, during the day, stay overnight, no.  It's a political compromise, it's not supposed to make sense.

I agree about NOT staying in your own accommodation overnight, unless the routes for the SHA+ Quarantine tourists will be clearly marked, and if we go of the SHA+ routes an alarm will sound and we will be punished ????

Locking someone up in a room, or even the hotel grounds for 7 days makes sense, but being allowed to go anywhere on the island is virtually impossible to control, unless they force the SHA+ tourists to wear an black and white coverall.

3 SHA tourists going for a beer .jpg

• Haha 2

FYI

I’m working on an island 7000 residents, LNG Plant in the Persian Gulf

We currently have 2 quarantine schemes

·         1st if you arrive from overseas you must quarantine for 10 days on the mainland locked in a hotel room, you get tested multiple times, then if you survive you will do 5 days’ quarantine locked in your room offshore.

·         2nd if you live locally on the mainland, you get tested in your home, and if your negative, you fly offshore for a quarantine period of 7 days locked in your room.

Both schemes involve testing before, during and before getting released from ANY quarantine.

The system is working well we have no cases for about 2 months now

• Like 1

Unfortunately, those requirements for entry into Phuket Thailand haven't been communicated to many Embassy of Thailand in foreign countries.  When coming to Thailand, most people would book their airline ticket at least30 days in advance . The Royal Thai Embassy in Ottawa Canada, as at June 3, 2021, states the following which is not consistent with the first post in this thread.

Thailand Visa and Certificate of Entry (COE)
( The following regulations applied during the 
COVID-19 situation until further notice )

STEPS TO TRAVEL TO THAILAND BY COMMERCIAL FLIGHT

Apply for a visa (if needed)

Canadians can travel to Thailand without a visa (45 days visa exemption). For Medium Term Visitor - Visa Exemption, please CLICK HERE.

If you need a visa, effective from 1 June 2021, a foreign national with a residence in Canada who wishes to apply for a Thailand visa MUST apply and submit his/her application through an online platform only. All visa applicants need to apply for an online visa at https://www.thaievisa.go.th/

All travelers need to prepare documents to apply for Certificate of Entry (COE) ONLINE

1. You need to have a copy of your health insurance policy with health coverage including COVID-related treatment in Thailand of no less than 100,000 USD. The insurance should cover from the date of departure and cover the period of your stay in Thailand.

2.You need to have e-ticket confirmation/flight details from the airline. Your name(s) should be indicated clearly on the ticket. The round trip e-ticket or flight details showing that you will leave from Thailand are required for Medium Term Visitor - Visa Exemption.

3.You need to book an Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) or Alternative Local (ALQ) (http://www.hsscovid.com/). Your name(s) should be indicated clearly on the ASQ/ALQ hotel confirmation letter, along with the correct date of your arrival flight to BKK.

Please note: If your first airport is at Suvarnabhumi Airport, your ASQ/ALQ should be in Bangkok, Chonburi, or Prachinburi. If you would like to quarantine in Phuket, your first airport in Thailand should be Phuket International Airport and your ALQ should in Phuket.

4. You can apply for a COE online. Please visit this link https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/

Make an appointment for the COVID test before leaving for Thailand

5. You need to obtain COVID-19 lab test result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected/์Negative. The COVID test must be by RT-PCR method/PCR method (the method must be clearly indicated on the form).  The lab test result must also clearly indicate that it has been “issued” or “reported” within 72 hours before departure time from Canada. THIS DOCUMENT MUST BE IN ENGLISH.

***Failure to follow any of the above steps can result in REFUSAL to board your flight at the airport!!

• Like 1

It wasn't communicated because Phuket sandbox model is still not approved yet. They say that it will be approved by the end of next week. What is worse they are now completely changing the conditions and they say it will be 14 days on the Phuket instead of 7 days and probably you won't be allowed to travel everywhere in Thailand after those 14 days. TIT

And also you will most probably need to have 3 PCR tests (1 before departure and 2 in Thailand) even though you are fully vaccinated. It is getting ridiculous.

Edited by Alldar
PCR
  • Like 2

confirmation and Royal Gazetted by Friday 18th June

so plenty of time to book, the COE will be max 7 days, easy 

Chai Yen Yen, Don't Worry 

PCR tests are required everywhere now. we have them evey 7 days and we're fully vaccinted

Edited by bolt
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, bolt said:

Since when it is Friday 18th June? They were saying that they will held a CESA meeting today and it will be in the Royal Gazette by the end of next week, which is 11th June. Did I miss something?

16 minutes ago, bolt said:

so plenty of time to book, the COE will be max 7 days, easy 

Chai Yen Yen, Don't Worry 

PCR tests are required everywhere now. we have them evey 7 days and we're fully vaccinted

"the COE will be max 7 days, easy"

is this today's meeting leak, or...?

When Thailand was covid free (was it?) Nobody could enter but now that infections are peaking (+Indian strain) they want to let everybody in and free to roam? My bet is that "Sandbox" model is ending like the "travel bubble" of last year. Who wants to go to Phuket during monsoon months anyway? 

Edited by Sundown
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sallecc said:

"the COE will be max 7 days, easy"

is this today's meeting leak, or...?

My guess COE can be done quicker3 or 5, but I'd say 7 working days

So it is 14 days actually... confirmed just now ????

Official announcement probably coming soon tonight on the news... Everything else is the same, just instead of 7 days stay in SHA+ hotel, it will be actually 14 days... It's a bummer for those who want to go to other provinces.

• Like 1

Just now, sallecc said:

Official announcement probably coming soon tonight on the news... Everything else is the same, just instead of 7 days stay in SHA+ hotel, it will be actually 14 days... It's a bummer for those who want to go to other provinces.

Especially for those who thought they were on a 10 night holiday.????????

12 minutes ago, sallecc said:

if we can leave the room, and go outside its ok for me. as other option is stay locked in room for same duration. 

the glass is always half full

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Alldar said:

Also the question is if there will be 1 or 2 PCR tests in Thailand. It was supposed to be just one when it was 7 days. Considering the price of one test is 3500THB and doing 2 tests (+1 more before departure) for fully vaccinated people, that's just insane. And only after that you are allowed to travel to the rest of (unvaccinated) Thailand.

They should really decide if they want tourists or not. It seems they cannot make their mind.

As we all know, they don't know what they really want ????

Anyways, as one of meeting attendees today said: "This today is just a suggestion from *small* CCSA committee, and  next week this will be approved or modified by *big* CCSA committee + PM"...

So... god knows what will they approve next week, 14 days, 7 days, 21 days, 3 tests, 5 tests, 'area quarantine', etc... in the meantime, Cathay Pacific cancelled their early July direct flights from HK to Phuket, just in case...

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Felt 35 said:

I haven't looked through all the posts but where is that confirmed?

Thanks

Felt

A subcommittee of the CCSA meeting today approved a 14-day requirement to stay in Phuket before being allowed to travel elsewhere in Thailand.  The full CCSA will meet early next week, consider the recommendations that have been made (including the 14-day requirement), discuss the issue, and vote on it.  If approved, it could be published in the Royal Gazette as early as the end of next week.  That's my understanding, at least.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, skatewash said:

A subcommittee of the CCSA meeting today approved a 14-day requirement to stay in Phuket before being allowed to travel elsewhere in Thailand.  The full CCSA will meet early next week, consider the recommendations that have been made (including the 14-day requirement), discuss the issue, and vote on it.  If approved, it could be published in the Royal Gazette as early as the end of next week.  That's my understanding, at least.

So, they are planning on making a final plan about 14 days before they think the island will reopen. Brilliant.

20 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

For your gouging opportunity 

https://asq.in.th/aslq-phuket-thailand-hotels ????

You are confusing Alternative State Local Quarantine (ASLQ) hotels for hotels that have the Amazing Thailand Safety and Health Plus (SHA Plus) seal of approval.  The Phuket Sandbox will use the latter, not the former.

https://www.thailandsha.com/shalists/index?type=2-โรงแรม ที่พัก และโฮมสเตย์

The Plus refers to the fact that at least 70% of the employees at the SHA approved hotel have been vaccinated with 2 doses of one of the vaccines currently available in Thailand (Sinovac or AstraZeneca).

Edited by skatewash
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JCP108 said:

My biggest concern is getting a positive pcr test during the time in Phuket. That would mean 14 days stuck in a hospital even if asymptomatic. One can test positive even if vaccinated. There are also false-pos results inherent to the test and due to mishandling by labs. 

Yes, that's a very legitimate concern.  At the moment I believe there is supposed to be a covid test administered on day 5 (5 days after arriving in Phuket).  I have seen that TAT Governor Yuthasak reportedly mentioned additional testing on day 0 and day 12, but that was reported before the meeting today, and I have not heard of anything further on that resulting from today's meeting.  If the additional testing had been approved I think it would have been reported as that's a pretty big change.  I guess we'll have to wait for people who were at the meeting to comment.