Phuket Sandbox July 2021

nickc

2 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

You are wrong

destinations like Spain and Greece are already in full swing for this summer as are all the touristics coastal places in south of France and Italy

U Arrr Wong, about mee beeying Wong 

I said what type of tourist takes his family out of their home country during this pandemic, lots of places are open it doesn’t mean it’s safe.

So any tourist going to Phuket is mad.

Edited by bolt

1 hour ago, bolt said:

U Arrr Wong, about mee beeying Wong 

I said what type of tourist takes his family out of their home country during this pandemic, lots of places are open it doesn’t mean it’s safe.

So any tourist going to Phuket is mad.

Sorry but your comment doesn't make any sense

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Maybe you are not really well aware of the situation on the ground?

It's actually the rainy season in Phuket, so you can forget the sun bathing on the beaches

(And the swimming also, as most of the time at this season it's too dangerous and so forbiden)

For the hotel facilities, the swimming pools and the gyms are actualy closed

Also are closed the bars, the massages shops and most of the shoping mails like Junceylon.

Of course you are not allowed to travel to the small islands around

And you have to wear a mask on your face everywhere at anytime as soon as you are out of your room

So a genuine tourist is going to enjoy what exactly during 2 weeks ?

Please enlighten me

????I'm aware that its rainy season, but June/July is with my small experience from Phuket not the wettest and if ocean swimming finally have got forbidden in the rain season then that's long overdue. In the old days it was the "old locals tale" who with their knowledge of the sea told visitors that swimming is dangerous in the rainy season. Regarding gyms and swimming pools do I have a friend and a staff at a Phuket town hotel and he tell me that both their swimming pool and gym have been allowed to reopen so is also he said, the famous hotel/sport center North on the Island so I think it must be some misunderstanding around that particular subject.

Regarding travelling to the Islands and IMO I would think majority of tourist travelling far away from USA/Europe are in the midst of a pandemic, okay to just have a relaxed holiday on Phuket Island. Mask, well people wear one everywhere around the world and some places even demand people to exercise with a mask so to just wear one daily as a tourist should be no greater problem.

Felt ????

Edited by Felt 35
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Felt 35 said:

????I'm aware that its rainy season, but June/July is with my small experience from Phuket not the wettest and if ocean swimming finally have got forbidden in the rain season then that's long overdue. In the old days it was the "old locals tale" who with their knowledge of the sea told visitors that swimming is dangerous in the rainy season. Regarding gyms and swimming pools do I have a friend and a staff at a Phuket town hotel and he tell me that both their swimming pool and gym have been allowed to reopen so is also he said, the famous hotel/sport center North on the Island so I think it must be some misunderstanding around that particular subject.

Regarding travelling to the Islands and IMO I would think majority of tourist travelling far away from USA/Europe are in the midst of a pandemic, okay to just have a relaxed holiday on Phuket Island. Mask, well people wear one everywhere around the world and some places even demand people to exercise with a mask so to just wear one daily as a tourist should be no greater problem.

Felt ????

Enjoy your stay then

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

You really don't know anything about rainy season here.

I do admire your ability to predict the situation after 1 July, and that includes the weather.

https://fr.weather-forecast.com/locations/Phuket/forecasts/latest

I don't predict the situation after 1 july

i am just saying considering the actual situation (Fact)

it's more than risky to bet on a better situation next month

and to plan his annual holiday on this hope and pipe dream

but hey whatever float your boat, fortunately i am not in Phuket

and i am not going here on a holiday, i let you deal with the desillution

of the ones coming based on your statements or on the nice photos of

Sallec, you both could also maybe put a link to your business on the island?

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, sallecc said:

I don't know which Phuket you're talking about, but this Phuket I'm on has pretty much typical rain season like all others before (mix of sunny and raining days, surfing waves on west coast beaches, calm sea on the east). Pools are open (this weekend we used pools in 2 different places). Below are the pictures from west coast beach today, and east coast beach 3 days ago (whole week was like this, we went there every day).

20210606_173747.jpg

20210602_201044.jpg

Actually rained all day, morning non stop till evening on the west coast yesterday. Surin, Bang Tao, Laguna, Cherng Talay area.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

Just curious about whether family or friends may visit or stay with you at a Phuket sandbox hotel. Please excuse me if this was discussed earlier in this topic. Has any information on this been published?

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Actually rained all day, morning non stop till evening on the west coast yesterday. Surin, Bang Tao, Laguna, Cherng Talay area.

Yes it was raining yesterday...  but Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday were mostly sunny and Friday was cloudy+sunny, and today Sunday  was cloudy (without rain). So 1 (ONE) rainy day past whole week, I'd say it's not that bad, at all ????

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sallecc said:

Yes it was raining yesterday...  but Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday were mostly sunny and Friday was cloudy+sunny, and today Sunday  was cloudy (without rain). So 1 (ONE) rainy day past whole week, I'd say it's not that bad, at all ????

Its ok I was just pointing out your statement, ie:

"Below are the pictures from west coast beach today, and east coast beach 3 days ago (whole week was like this, we went there every day)."

It was wrong as it was not the whole week. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, grin said:

Just curious about whether family or friends may visit or stay with you at a Phuket sandbox hotel. Please excuse me if this was discussed earlier in this topic. Has any information on this been published?

Short answer YES

Domestic travellers can visit Phuket,  Proof vaccine or proof of negative test is required

IMG_1337.JPG

Edited by bolt

41 minutes ago, bolt said:

Short answer YES

Domestic travellers can visit Phuket,  Proof vaccine or proof of negative test is required

IMG_1337.JPG

That wasn't the question asked

my bet is Grin wanted to know if his Thai girlfriend could

sleep with him during his 14 days stay in a SHA Phuket hotel

the answer is it seems that it's up to the hotel, some allow it, some don't

so better to have a precise writed answer from the hotel on this point before to make the plan

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Its ok I was just pointing out your statement, ie:

"Below are the pictures from west coast beach today, and east coast beach 3 days ago (whole week was like this, we went there every day)."

It was wrong as it was not the whole week. 

OK I'll correct myself: it was 6.5 dry days last week (Saturday was raining 1st half of the day, and 2nd half was dry) ????

Back to the subject, does anybody knows on which date the "big committee" will meet to finally decide Sandbox rules? (those FB pages are total mess as usual)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sallecc said:

OK I'll correct myself: it was 6.5 dry days last week (Saturday was raining 1st half of the day, and 2nd half was dry) ????

Back to the subject, does anybody knows on which date the "big committee" will meet to finally decide Sandbox rules? (those FB pages are total mess as usual)

by Friday 18th it should be Gazetted, so stand by 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kingofthemountain said:

That wasn't the question asked

my bet is Grin wanted to know if his Thai girlfriend could

sleep with him during his 14 days stay in a SHA Phuket hotel

the answer is it seems that it's up to the hotel, some allow it, some don't

so better to have a precise writed answer from the hotel on this point before to make the plan

are you keeping score ?

its still 2-1 to me, since you got the weather forecast wrong

and now you're betting on people wanting to know about sleeping arrangements

time for half of an orange, and a magic sponge 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/6/2021 at 9:49 AM, bolt said:

A classic negative post on here.

He’s only happy when he has something to complain about, he’s probably struggles to find 3 POSITIVE reasons as to why he lives in Thailand

1.       I don’t like this in my home country

2.       I don’t like that in my home country

3.       ………………………………………………………

I don't  like anything in any country.

3 hours ago, bolt said:

Short answer YES

IMG_1337.JPG

A single of AZ? that would cut back my travel time to immediately ready for 1st 

On 6/7/2021 at 9:54 AM, bolt said:

Short answer YES

IMG_1337.JPG

AstraZeneca is spelled incorrectly, what else could be incorrect......... 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, bolt said:

Possibly moved by 7 days

Starting 9th for International arrivals

Can someone this translation

Phuket question.jpg

Please allow me to reply to Khun JM:  Phuket will start to open on July 1, but there will be foreign tourists flying in.  The first group is on the 9th of July.

Translation courtesy of the Lens app.

I believe the group referred to arriving on the 9th of July are American travel agents that were specifically invited by TAT.  I believe there's an Israeli group as well but don't remember the date of their planned arrival.

Edited by skatewash
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, morrobay said:

So what if a tourists just wants to spend 5 days in Phuket during the sandbox. Then leave the country? Ok?

It seems like that would be OK as it's been mentioned a lot by people involved in the government discussions, for example the head of TAT among others.

An international arrival to Phuket under the sandbox model would have to spend up to 14 days in a SHA Plus approved accommodation.  If at any time they wished to leave Phuket they could leave Thailand from Phuket airport.  If they stayed 14 days and passed the final covid test they would be allowed to visit other places in Thailand.

So, to be clear, if a tourist just wants to spend 5 days in Phuket that would be no problem as long as they left the country after those 5 days.

• Like 1

Here's the most comprehensive FAQ I've seen about the Phuket Sandbox.  Nothing in it is official as nothing has been approved by the CCSA and published in the Gazette.  Nonetheless, it seems to represent the current state of play in the proposal, including some details I haven't seen anywhere else.

https://www.phuket-sandbox.com/copy-of-faq?fbclid=IwAR3x4EoVNXRwIri7eaJxHl84liWrXC9XUz_8WGmxtvFkeI5MPDJcQI_7atA

1 hour ago, skatewash said:

It seems like that would be OK as it's been mentioned a lot by people involved in the government discussions, for example the head of TAT among others.

An international arrival to Phuket under the sandbox model would have to spend up to 14 days in a SHA Plus approved accommodation.  If at any time they wished to leave Phuket they could leave Thailand from Phuket airport.  If they stayed 14 days and passed the final covid test they would be allowed to visit other places in Thailand.

So, to be clear, if a tourist just wants to spend 5 days in Phuket that would be no problem as long as they left the country after those 5 days.

Yes u can  leave.