Phuket Sandbox July 2021

nickc

I wonder what percentage of international arrivals are

A.      Tourists

B.      Other (using sandbox as a way of bypassing ASQ-ALQ in Bangkok or other Provinces)

I reckon A 1% B 99%

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, bolt said:

I wonder what percentage of international arrivals are

A.      Tourists

B.      Other (using sandbox as a way of bypassing ASQ-ALQ in Bangkok or other Provinces)

I reckon A 1% B 99%

My guess A 15%, B 85%

Does anyone know if domestic arrivals can leave Phuket before 14 days, lets say stay for 7 days only?

The wife might visit, but she not sure if she can stay 14 days

12 minutes ago, bolt said:

Does anyone know if domestic arrivals can leave Phuket before 14 days, lets say stay for 7 days only?

The wife might visit, but she not sure if she can stay 14 days

Yes, domestic arrivals have absolutely no restrictions on how long they stay.  They are not really affected by the Phuket Sandbox which is a set of rules governing international arrivals.

Domestic arrivals have to have been vaccinated, or received a negative covid test in the last seven days in order to enter Phuket.  Once in Phuket they can stay anywhere and leave Phuket whenever they want.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Yes, domestic arrivals have absolutely no restrictions on how long they stay.  They are not really affected by the Phuket Sandbox which is a set of rules governing international arrivals.

Domestic arrivals have to have been vaccinated, or received a negative covid test in the last seven days in order to enter Phuket.  Once in Phuket they can stay anywhere and leave Phuket whenever they want.

IMG_1337.thumb.JPG.2d96ebb33174bc26b307d9b1a4763300.jpg

IMG_1343.JPG.8d62e0355d762b8470625d85729a3479.jpg

On 6/6/2021 at 2:14 AM, sqwakvfr said:

For comparison from July 2021:

Phuket:  Fully Vaccinated

14 days of Island Quasi Quarantine

2 PCR Tests

$100,000 Mandatory Insurance

Bangkok:  Not Vaccinated

15 days of Quarantine(First Day is "Day Zero")

3 PCR Tests

$100,000 Mandatory Insurance

I have Round Trip ticket  that lands in BKK in a few months.  I cannot change my return destination on the ticket so I will end up BKK at a Quarantine Hotel. A one way on Emirates from LAX to HKT is over $1,000(no thanks).   Also, ANA has a one way to HKT but it stops in BKK and I believe the "SandBox" requires a direct flight flight into HKT? Phuket seems a little better than BKK.  If someone knows better than please correct me.  

I thought the sandbox scheme included your having to have 3 PCR tests during your 14-day stay.

On 6/6/2021 at 12:41 PM, Felt 35 said:

Can hardly see a problem for a genuine tourist that he have to stay on the island for two weeks. Most tourist goes for 2-3 weeks anyway booking a flight and a good hotel, enjoy the hotel facilities, sun bathing, the beaches and some cheap shopping. Usually their holiday is for a relaxed time at one destination not a sweating backpacking tour through Thailand and South East Asia for 6 months which I think most are aware that maybe not are the best kind of travel now considering covid -19 restrictions everywhere.

Felt.

Not correct.

The average length of staying in Phuket by foreign tourists is 4.9 days...........nowhere near the figures you quoted.

59 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

I thought the sandbox scheme included your having to have 3 PCR tests during your 14-day stay.

The "how many tests is required" is a wee bit tricky, heres my 50p worth

ASQ-ALQ

1 pre boarding at country of departure

1 day 5

1 day 12

Then 1 when you eventually leave Thailand, I don’t know where you can fly to without having a valid negative test now

So 4 in total for ASQ, or 3 if you never leave Thailand

Sandbox

1 pre boarding at country of departure

1 day 5

1 day 12

1 when (if) you eventually leave Phuket if you’re going to another province in Thailand.

And or 1 when you eventually leave Thailand, I don’t know where you can fly to without having a valid negative test now

So 5 in total if you travel to other parts of Thailand and leave from BKK or UTP, or 4 if your entire stay is Phuket and you leave from Phuket to another Country  

The other items are the similiar, food, accommodation transport and Tiffin

So the cost difference is nothing really 1,500-2,000thb

• Like 1

Siam Rath quoted Thailand's tourism minister Pipat Ratchakitprakan as saying that the much vaunted opening of Phuket under the "sandbox" no quarantine scheme will not happen on July 1st.

Looks like a no go now another thread running ..

Edited by bkk6060

This Sandbox '7 day stay without quarantine' which is now a '14 day stay with 4 PCR tests required' has destroyed what is left of Thailand credibility.

They think they may now have it approved end of June for either a 1 July or 1 August start...how can anyone plan a trip around that uncertainty, never mind that bars won't be open

They must still think everyone in the World wants to come to Thailand and will just rush in no matter what they mandate

Pass

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Siam Rath quoted Thailand's tourism minister Pipat Ratchakitprakan as saying that the much vaunted opening of Phuket under the "sandbox" no quarantine scheme will not happen on July 1st.

Source?

15 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

Source?

9 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I know this doesn't happen very often in Thailand, but in this case it may just be a misunderstanding. ????

Stay tuned tomorrow for the inevitable "it was all a misunderstanding" clarification.  I don't doubt that the minister said something like this, but it's hardly the unambiguous announcement as some have treated it.  It's muddled at best.  It appears he made the comment while discussing a future proposal involving Phuket and Samui.  Not at all clear that the Phuket wouldn't be ready comment was about the proposal involving Phuket and Samui.  It was certainly not an unambiguous, straightforward, assessment that the Phuket Sandbox would not start on July 1 because Phuket wasn't ready.

Phuket may not be ready, and the Phuket Sandbox might not start on July 1, but this particular report of the statement is pretty weak evidence that the minister meant to convey that assessment.  

But tomorrow is another day...

https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/tourism-minister-reportedly-said-july-1-reopening-will-not-happen

• Like 2

Do you guys think the new flight schedules directly to Phuket due from 1 July can be effected if the whole idea is shelved , or postponed, or not enough bookings....!?  ( I read some airlines now give credit instead of cash refund for cancelled flight - not very useful if not a frequent flier of that airline ....! ) 

14 minutes ago, Agusts said:

Do you guys think the new flight schedules directly to Phuket due from 1 July can be effected if the whole idea is shelved , or postponed, or not enough bookings....!?  ( I read some airlines now give credit instead of cash refund for cancelled flight - not very useful if not a frequent flier of that airline ....! ) 

Its very hard to predict what the Airlines will do

I’m sure ALL are desperate for any income or media coverage, so I’m sure we will still see Phuket coverage being published, they don’t care about figures as I’m sure 2021 has been written off already.

As always only pay if you a certain you have to travel, if not DON’T pay

You’re right about refunds, new strategy is Credit with airline, at least the customer will stay with us.

I have to travel on July 1st-10th but I still haven’t booked, I can wait until 48 hours plenty of flight options and accommodation.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SlyouThai said:

2 months ago i have been tested positiv to covid in rawai. I felt pretty fine and i ask phuhet officials if i could quarantine at home. No way i could do that so they sent me to phuket international , old kid room for 15 days 140 000 thb. I have been tested 2 times positive and after that the doc said its useless to test before you leave because you will still test positif possibly for months.

So.....

A nice tourist comes to phuket sandbox  , he have been vaccinated and tested negative before leaving , my understanding is he can still catch it even tho he will not have much symptoms , could be on the plane or hotel or whatever. PHuket officials comes to test him during his stay at SHA+ and the guy is positive . What will happens to him even if he is vaccinated ?

2 weeks locked in an hospital room , maybe with all his family ? If this happens the worldwide media will go nuts and i will be huge disaster at all levels.

Why the need to test them 3 times if they are already vaccinated ???

You agree to ALL of this before travelling, you can’t say “I didn’t know’

Pathetic Troll attempt

If you don’t like terms Don’t come over, if you agree make sure your insurance is real, deal with it move on with your life

2 minutes ago, bolt said:

Pathetic Troll attempt

lol gtfo , when you read the phuket sandbox requirements its not made clear. I have customers booking right now and they have no idea about this

Edited by SlyouThai
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, SlyouThai said:

2 months ago i have been tested positiv to covid in rawai. I felt pretty fine and i ask phuhet officials if i could quarantine at home. No way i could do that so they sent me to phuket international , old kid room for 15 days 140 000 thb. I have been tested 2 times positive and after that the doc said its useless to test before you leave because you will still test positif possibly for months.

Are you claiming to be released from hospital whilst still showing positive?   

8 minutes ago, bolt said:

Are you claiming to be released from hospital whilst still showing positive?   

thats what the doc said yep and i never get tested again before departure after 15 days ... want me to come give you a big kiss on your chubby cheeks ? ????

Edited by SlyouThai