Hero cave diver on Colin Farrell playing him in movie and how he saved Thai children

webfact

1 hour ago, lujanit said:

I hope this film is better than the documentary on Netflix.  That doco was just a piece of US self promotion saying the US effectively saved the boys.  A final nod is given to an Australian doctor in the last line.

What utter garbage.  Look it up yourself on Netflix.

I haven't seen that....but I thought "The Cave" (2019) was credible.

Edited by hotandsticky
  • Like 2

Last time i spoke with Vern Unsworth , he said there were maybe a couple of movies in the process of signing for the go - ahead.

I haven't seen him for a few months now though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lujanit said:

I hope this film is better than the documentary on Netflix.  That doco was just a piece of US self promotion saying the US effectively saved the boys.  A final nod is given to an Australian doctor in the last line.

No thanks. The yanks always do that. Remember U-571! They also think they won ww2 and built the atom bomb themselves. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

There's enough Mr Bean characters running the show in Thailand anyway .. 

I was going to suggest a suitable cameo role, playing the premier amongst VIP visitors who swung by during the rescue...

A prime candidate for the role!

Edited by herfiehandbag
It
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Looking closely at the photographs on the OP, I just love the "Shaun the Sheep" tee shirt!

Has the fellow no idea of dressing respectfully when interacting with Thai officials?????

That's just great - superb!

I didn't notice it, but I think he extends to them the respect they deserve.

All the people involved in that operation are heroes. Especially the divers. Also we should give respect to that Thai diver that lost his life. Incredibly brave crew.

Can't recall the Thai divers name. He was X military?

• Thanks 1

As someone who does follow films, let me be clear: Ron Howard is a disaster when it comes to making movies based on an actual event. He can take the most interesting and exciting true story and for his own bizarre reasons, add fiction that makes no sense, doesn't further the movie in any way and totally ruins any factual basis for shooting the film at all. 

Don't expect there to be much in common with what actually happened other than boys stuck in a cave being rescued (if that, even). 

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

All the people involved in that operation are heroes. Especially the divers. Also we should give respect to that Thai diver that lost his life. Incredibly brave crew.

Can't recall the Thai divers name. He was X military?

Spot on dr jack all were hero’s down to the lowliest tender humping bottles for the guys diving to the folks handeling the logistics and grub what a wonderful outcome and shared experience by all of us pulling from the sidelines!

17 hours ago, daveAustin said:

No thanks. The yanks always do that. Remember U-571! They also think they won ww2 and built the atom bomb themselves. 

In the movie Argo the CIA played the major role in a completely Canadian operation getting American embassy staff out of Iran. Jimmy Carter set the record straight stating what the real truth was.  I think Ron Howard has more integrity than Ben Affleck so should be good. The heroes of this story were the BRITs and Australians.

• Like 2

On 5/27/2021 at 12:06 AM, lujanit said:

Well, America is the greatest country on the planet. They cured COVID and support Israel, fight arabs and did in fact save all the children. God bless America.