What documents are required when transferring a visa to a new passport?

I apologise for asking a question which must have been asked many times, but I can't find the answer when I search.

On Monday, I shall receive a new UK passport and the letter to take to Immigration. Could someone please tell me what else I need to take apart from the letter and the old and new passports?

Thanks for the help.

I did mine at Kalasin last month. Because of Covid I waited and did the new passport transfer, yearly visa extension plus reentry and 90 day report all at the same time. 

I did have my yellow book and pink id card with me (which they took copies of) but dont know if they were needed. 

They did the visa passport transfer first, so basically just the old passport was needed.

1 minute ago, carlyai said:

I did mine at Kalasin last month. Because of Covid I waited and did the new passport transfer, yearly visa extension plus reentry and 90 day report all at the same time. 

I did have my yellow book and pink id card with me (which they took copies of) but dont know if they were needed. 

They did the visa passport transfer first, so basically just the old passport was needed.

ubonjoe would be the info to follow. ????

44 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

This completed form. Transfer Stamps To A New Passport

Copy of new passport photo page.

Copies of old a passport photo page and the pages with a Thai visa or a stamp for Thailand on it (office dependent but many want all those copies).

Thank you once again for your help.

54 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Added note. At some stage update your passport info for things such as bank account etc. Make sure that you keep old pp.

Thanks very much for the advice. I had read somewhere about notifying the bank, but then I forgot about it.

7 minutes ago, Ombra said:

Thanks very much for the advice. I had read somewhere about notifying the bank, but then I forgot about it.

Sounds like you have it all planned to go to imm and transfer info to new pp.

Good plan.

Just keep in mind that this can be done anytime in the future.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

This completed form. Transfer Stamps To A New Passport

Copy of new passport photo page.

Copies of old a passport photo page and the pages with a Thai visa or a stamp for Thailand on it (office dependent but many want all those copies).

In Hua Hin last year I was not asked for any form, but if ubonjoe says there is one then of course take it. 

The service is free. I was asked for 500 Baht by immigration, but when I insisted on a formal pink receipt for it, the money was returned to me.... 

12 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

In Hua Hin last year I was not asked for any form, but if ubonjoe says there is one then of course take it. 

The service is free. I was asked for 500 Baht by immigration, but when I insisted on a formal pink receipt for it, the money was returned to me.... 

Ahhhh the official thieves they just cannot help themselves can they ????????

The "Transfer Stamps to New Passport" form is addressed to Bangkok Imm and may not be acceptable at other Imm offices. I saw a post awhile back that said this form was rejected by Chiang Mai Imm and that you had to use their specific form. And this specific form is apparently not available for download. No big deal, but I like to have everything filled out in advance in type -- and don't really like having to sit down at Imm and fill out in long hand their form....

16 minutes ago, JimGant said:

The "Transfer Stamps to New Passport" form is addressed to Bangkok Imm and may not be acceptable at other Imm offices.

The form came from the immigration website. It is addressed to the Immigration Bureau. The majority of offices have accepted it. Not surprise at all that CM immigration did not accept it. 

4 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

Yes indeed, including DL.. 

I'm thinking of renew passport (good time with no international travel). I was thinking about DL. I'm on the 2 year one.

Wonder if there is issue to leave the update (new pp #) till when I get the 5 yr DL.

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm thinking of renew passport (good time with no international travel). I was thinking about DL. I'm on the 2 year one.

Wonder if there is issue to leave the update (new pp #) till when I get the 5 yr DL.

No idea, just mentioned. 

21 hours ago, Ombra said:

In my case with Bangkok Bank, it had to be done at the branch where I initially opened the account.

On 5/27/2021 at 12:14 PM, carlyai said:

So there's no problem in getting a bank letter with the old passport? Do the issuers stamp anything in it or cut off the corners? Presumably you can't change your bank book until the new pp is updated with your immigration details?