Covid-19 Visa, how many times?

I'm cancelling my ED Visa next week, and have been told to go onto a Covid Visa. As a South African citizen I believe this is only 30 days.
I have to wait around 2 months to receive my degree certificate so I can apply for a Non-B.

My question is, how many Covid visas can a person get? I personally know of an American getting 3, but when I asked I was told it can't be guaranteed and it depends on the immigration officer.

I basically just need to stay 2-3 months, between my ED Visa and Non-B. 

You mean covid extensions 60 days.

Currently will be issued up to may 29 however this will be extended. 

There is no limit on how many you can obtain. 

It can be guaranteed that you can obtain one. It does not depend on immigration officer.

Which office will you be dealing with.

Edit: just notice you mentioned SA citizen. Still think it would be 60. Expert will be along to clarify.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

There is no limit on how many you can obtain

I was told it is only 30 days for South Africans, do you know if that is true or if it's 60 days regardless of your nationailty?

3 minutes ago, natalieee said:

I was told it is only 30 days for South Africans, do you know if that is true or if it's 60 days regardless of your nationailty?

As far as I know it is 60 days for all nationalities. I have not seen any reports of anybody getting less than 60 days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

As far as I know it is 60 days for all nationalities. I have not seen any reports of anybody getting less than 60 days.

Okay great, just to confirm I am cancelling my ED Visa.

This isn't an extension on an entry stamp or other kind of visa.

I will be going to Chaengwattana, or possibly Nakhon Pathom.

You get your extension done at the Muang Thong Thani office. Chaeng Wattana on does them for tourist visa entries.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

You get your extension done at the Muang Thong Thani office. Chaeng Wattana on does them for tourist visa entries.

I was told by other students that they cancelled the ED Visa, and received the Covid visa at the same counter at the same time at Chaengwattana?

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

There is no limit on how many you can obtain. 

It can be guaranteed that you can obtain one. It does not depend on immigration officer.

Which office will you be dealing with.

Edit: just notice you mentioned SA citizen. Still think it would be 60. Expert will be along to clarify.

There was an article in April that read until 27 July.  I however had a visa scheduled to expire 29 May.  I went on 18 May to request another extension.   I got a passport/visa space consuming under consideration, report back 15 June.  If there were already approved in the books extension  authorized until 27 July, and on the 19th they extended the covid martial law two more months, July 2021, then why continue  to give the all space consuming wasteful under consideration stamp, if there was already a plan and policy to extend COVID VIisas until July 2021?  Nothing is guaranteed...

I was told by other students that they cancelled the ED Visa, and received the Covid visa at the same counter at the same time at Chaengwattana?

That is probably correct if you have a extension of stay to cancel. Immigration does not cancel visas.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

That is probably correct if you have a extension of stay to cancel. Immigration does not cancel visas.

Correct. The original ED Visa is a few years old and have received 6 month extensions since then. So I will be cancelling the final extension.

So just to confirm, in this case, I should receive a 60 day Covid extension (regardless of being from South Africa), and it is most likely that I can get a second extension if needed while waiting for the degree certificate (ready in August, at the latest).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, natalieee said:

So just to confirm, in this case, I should receive a 60 day Covid extension (regardless of being from South Africa), and it is most likely that I can get a second extension if needed while waiting for the degree certificate (ready in August, at the latest).

Correct

But whether they will be available when you need another one is unknown. If they extend the order beyond the 29th for 2 months again you could get one in July.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, natalieee said:

just to confirm, in this case, I should receive a 60 day Covid extension (regardless of being from South Africa), and it is most likely that I can get a second extension if needed while waiting for the degree certificate (ready in August, at the latest)

Correct.

There is an affidavit to sign along with the TM7 photo and standard pages from your passport and TM6.

Here is affidavit 

https://forum.thaivisa.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=727659

• Like 2

Just now, ubonjoe said:

Correct

But whether they will be available when you need another one is unknown. If they extend the order beyond the 29th for 2 months again you could get one in July.

Do you  think it's likely that they will extend the order once again? 

"I have to wait around 2 months to receive my degree certificate so I can apply for a Non-B. "

I think you may have to do more waiting than that. I got a job offer and went along to Rayong immigration to get a non-B and was told that I have to get a teaching license and the work permit first before they will issue me this visa. I just received the temporary license on Friday. It took 3 weeks. I'm told the work permit will take another week and then you will still need to have at least 15 days left on your covid extension before they will consider your application. So that's a total of another 6 weeks. Good luck

10 hours ago, bongo12 said:

what papers i need bring for covid extension?

You don't have to "bring" anything except your passport and 1900 baht but they will ask you to fill out some forms, make some copies of your passport, current stamp etc.. which can all be done there or nearby.

On 5/27/2021 at 12:45 PM, natalieee said:

Correct. The original ED Visa is a few years old and have received 6 month extensions since then. So I will be cancelling the final extension.

Covid-Extension Forms at the link below.  If you want to save time, you can pre-fill these on your computer then print them. So that way, when you're done cancelling your ED, you will already have your extension application ready to submit.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qnQ6TJM5oQFXIOIwl_rQOqmfZnsxOq4P?usp=sharing

• Like 1