Thailand reports 3,759 new COVID-19 cases, 34 new deaths

webfact

33 minutes ago, Marvin Hagler said:

There is no way on gods good earth you can have daily figures like that without rising further...I know this has been done ad infinitum but these numbers would be 10 times higher if they did 10 times the number of tests.

If you are correct, there are 20,000 new positives out there every day, but only 2,000 are identified. So that is 18,000 new positives who never are symptomatic or otherwise don’t go to the hospital. Every day.

The problem with your assertion is that much of the testing is in hotspots, so more testing outside of the hotspots is not going to find so many cases.

in Chonburi 2 days ago, they tested 1500 people, and found 25 positives.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Its a bumpy ride in Chonburi which shows its still active in the community and they are relying a lot on self reporting of cases to find them and only if those people develop symptoms:

The Chonburi Public Health Office last night (May 27th) has released another timeline to inform people who went to specific places this month to notify health authorities and monitor their health in regards to Covid-19.

1. Hua Sanam Bin Market in Nong Kham, Si Racha on May 20th from 5:50 P.M. to 6:30 P.M.

2. Bor Yang Market in Nong Kham, Si Racha on May 23rd from 5:40 P.M. to 6:30 P.M.

3. Chark Kor Market in Surasak, Si Racha on May 23rd from 5:00 P.M. to 5:30 P.M..

If anyone has problems with respiratory symptoms and/or fever within 14 days from when they had visited those places, they must go to a hospital, according to the Chonburi Public Health Office.

They are also still finding cases through family contacts only.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/05/28/timeline-si-racha-markets-informs-residents-who-visited-places-in-relation-to-chonburi-covid-19-cases/

On the contrary, cases in Chonburi province bump up with they find a cluster in factories in the districts of Chonburi and nearby. Outside of clusters, cases in the province are very low.

I think the numbers in Thailand  are really low. 

Here in Turkey, we have been having death numbers in hundreds for weeks now. 

But, people are getting impatient. A lot of people have also committed suicide due to loss of job or even loss of workplace.

This whole Covid thing will never totally be kept under control. 

Enough with the lockdowns, man. Gradually, deaths will be reduced as more and more people get vaccinated.

But, stop us living police state existence. Stop. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

On the contrary, cases in Chonburi province bump up with they find a cluster in factories in the districts of Chonburi and nearby. Outside of clusters, cases in the province are very low.

Exactly what does that have to do with my post which is all factual

Just now, JemJem said:

I think the numbers in Thailand  are really low. 

Here in Turkey, we have been having death numbers in hundreds for weeks now. 

But, people are getting impatient. A lot of people have also committed suicide due to loss of job or even loss of workplace.

This whole Covid thing will never totally be kept under control. 

Enough with the lockdowns, man. Gradually, deaths will be reduced as more and more people get vaccinated.

But, stop us living police state existence. Stop. 

I was in Turkey when the last wave hit. Without the lockdowns, deaths would have been much higher.

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Exactly what does that have to do with my post which is all factual

Because you gave the wrong impression. Outside of labor camps and factories, the positivity rate in the community is very low in Chonburi. Pattaya case numbers are hovering around 10 per day.

Edited by Danderman123

Just now, Danderman123 said:

Cause you gave the wrong impression. Outside of labor camps and factories, the positivity rate in the community is very low in Chonburi. Pattaya case numbers are hovering around 10 per day.

Refer back to my post unless you want me to paste it for you again: A Factual Report that has absolutely zero to do with your response to it.

• Like 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Refer back to my post unless you want me to paste it for you again: A Factual Report that has absolutely zero to do with your response to it.

Your description of the numbers in Chonburi has very little correlation to the facts on the ground. 

You can protest all you want, but the positivity rate in the community is very low in Chonburi.

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Your description of the numbers in Chonburi has very little correlation to the facts on the ground. 

You can protest all you want, but the positivity rate in the community is very low in Chonburi.

Gotta love this guy. Numbers increasing but all is fine in the Dandy world.

3 minutes ago, AndyFoxy said:

Gotta love this guy. Numbers increasing but all is fine in the Dandy world.

Chonburi has the occasional spike when a cluster is discovered, but the overall trend is down.

DFD722D9-EEF0-46F0-9DD1-C62160C2D8C5.jpeg

Edited by Danderman123

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I'm not protesting I'm quoting the Pattaya news who are on the ground. If you have some facts to dispute that then go ahead?

44 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Its a bumpy ride in Chonburi which shows its still active in the community and they are relying a lot on self reporting of cases to find them and only if those people develop symptoms:

The Chonburi Public Health Office last night (May 27th) has released another timeline to inform people who went to specific places this month to notify health authorities and monitor their health in regards to Covid-19.

1. Hua Sanam Bin Market in Nong Kham, Si Racha on May 20th from 5:50 P.M. to 6:30 P.M.

2. Bor Yang Market in Nong Kham, Si Racha on May 23rd from 5:40 P.M. to 6:30 P.M.

3. Chark Kor Market in Surasak, Si Racha on May 23rd from 5:00 P.M. to 5:30 P.M..

If anyone has problems with respiratory symptoms and/or fever within 14 days from when they had visited those places, they must go to a hospital, according to the Chonburi Public Health Office.

They are also still finding cases through family contacts only.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/05/28/timeline-si-racha-markets-informs-residents-who-visited-places-in-relation-to-chonburi-covid-19-cases/

To what does"still finding cases thru family contacts only" refer? Community testing not happening? 

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I'm not protesting I'm quoting the Pattaya news who are on the ground. If you have some facts to dispute that then go ahead?

The opinion you posted did not appear in the Pattaya News article, including the comment about lack of testing. Chonburi tests over 1,000 people a day.

The positivity rate in the community in Chonburi is very low.

I understand you are emotionally wedded to Doom and Gloom, but we don’t need your attitude, we need facts. if you claim that the virus is still “active in the community” in Chonburi, what do you mean by that? You mean there is more than zero cases? What defines “active”?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Olmate said:

To what does"still finding cases thru family contacts only" refer? Community testing not happening? 

Here is the report from yesterday:

In the last day, a total 213 close contacts were tested from contact tracing, and 1,179 people were tested in proactive testing when medical staff goes out into the community.”

there is a further breakdown of the results of the testing of the close contacts.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The opinion you posted did not appear in the Pattaya News article, including the comment about lack of testing. Chonburi tests over 1,000 people a day.

The positivity rate in the community in Chonburi is very low.

I understand you are emotionally wedded to Doom and Gloom, but we don’t need your attitude, we need facts. if you claim that the virus is still “active in the community” in Chonburi, what do you mean by that? You mean there is more than zero cases? What defines “active”?

Quote my comment about lack of testing? 

Show me the official testing numbers daily over the last month?

Edited by Bkk Brian

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Quote my comment about lack of testing? 

Chonburi tests over 1,000 people in the community every day. They do not simply wait for people to self report in hospitals.

Do you disagree?

Your post was misleading, at best.

32 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Covid is Covid. It got there somehow, and not by magic.  Time to accept it as what it is and test around those clusters before it shows a spread somewhere else

24 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Positivity is positivity in total, not street by street as your trying to do. I know your trying to stay upbeat, but cases are cases regardless of where they are 

• Like 1

Just now, Danderman123 said:

Chonburi tests over 1,000 people in the community every day. They do not simply wait for people to self report in hospitals.

Do you disagree?

Your post was misleading, at best.

Oh so you can't in fact you are deliberately misquoting me. 

Where did I say they are simply waiting for people to self report? Another deliberate misquote.

Here's my quote  "they are relying a lot on self reporting of cases"  

If you're going to jump in on a response I gave to another poster then get your facts right. I know you have a little trouble with that sometimes but give it a try it will stand you in good stead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

Positivity is positivity in total, not street by street as your trying to do. I know your trying to stay upbeat, but cases are cases regardless of where they are 

Yesterday, there were 42 cases total in Chonburi. Crickets from the Doom and Gloomers. Today a small cluster was found, which caused a small spike, and now its a bumpy ride in Chonburi.