Thailand reports 3,759 new COVID-19 cases, 34 new deaths

webfact

3 minutes ago, anchadian said:

The Ladprao branch of Makro, near Bangkapi Market, has been closed for 3 days following the discovery of 29 infected people.

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1398275727053639681

A Makro store. The community spread around that area must be very high. Bangkok saturated with the virus and the current measures are just not working enough to contain the spread

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

Guess you haven't been anywhere near a Thai prison then. When you turn over in bed tonight think of the prisoners who can hardly turn over. Kitchens? Showers and toilets for a large number of people maybe should be rewritten shower and toilet for a large number of people. Beds? If you call a floor covered in cheap horrible, thin disgusting 'mattresses' beds then I guess so. Shared with the rats, cockroaches, mosquitoes etc. Prisons are prisons is so off the mark. In the USA there is a big difference between state and federal prisons. I could continue but there's probably no point. As for the migrant workers there is no doubt their conitions are terrible.

Thanks. Never been in a Thai prison. Just assumed that since they have large numbers of people in them all the time, they are survivable because they have a minimum of facilities. Food, stuff like that.

Factories.....not so much.

Officials are caring for three children who were left alone in a Bangkok flat after their grandfather died of Covid-19 and their mother was taken to hospital.

They evaluated the mental state of the children and made sure they had necessities including food.

“The children said their grandfather, who had also contracted Covid-19, passed away in the apartment shortly after the ambulance took their mother to hospital,” said Anukul Pidkaew, the ministry’s deputy permanent-secretary.

Anukul added that the youngest child, aged 5, also tested positive for the virus and was being admitted to hospital.

“Social workers will come in to check on the other two siblings regularly. We have also given them advice on how to stay safe from Covid-19 as they are in a high-risk group,” he said.

“The children confirmed that they can live by themselves in the apartment,” he added.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40001419

• Sad 2

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

A Makro store. The community spread around that area must be very high. Bangkok saturated with the virus and the current measures are just not working enough to contain the spread

Makro's cover a very wide Area with folks who own shops buying in bulk, as well as your mom and pop restaurants, and those who own all types of food carts as well as those who set up in the local Soi Talads.  This could be big and encompass many thousands of people.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Officials are caring for three children who were left alone in a Bangkok flat after their grandfather died of Covid-19 and their mother was taken to hospital.

They evaluated the mental state of the children and made sure they had necessities including food.

“The children said their grandfather, who had also contracted Covid-19, passed away in the apartment shortly after the ambulance took their mother to hospital,” said Anukul Pidkaew, the ministry’s deputy permanent-secretary.

Anukul added that the youngest child, aged 5, also tested positive for the virus and was being admitted to hospital.

“Social workers will come in to check on the other two siblings regularly. We have also given them advice on how to stay safe from Covid-19 as they are in a high-risk group,” he said.

“The children confirmed that they can live by themselves in the apartment,” he added.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40001419

How old are the two older siblings since one is a 5 year old who also has Covid?

“Social workers will come in to check on the other two siblings regularly. We have also given them advice on how to stay safe from Covid-19 as they are in a high-risk group,” he said.  “The children confirmed that they can live by themselves in the apartment,” he added.

So are they actually being cared for or left to do it on their own until the social workers come by.  You can not make this up.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, phills2k1 said:

I'm sorry, did you just claim OTHER people were gaslighting?  When this has been you in every thread??!

Announced case numbers increase?  Well it's not exponential!

Numbers increased previously that was "exponential"? Well it didn't become India!

Announced Numbers not decreasing and remaining at the highest numbers the country has ever seen?  It's leveled off!

Deaths at a record high?  Could be worse! Could be (insert country)

Amount of tests not stated?  Doesn't matter because they only need to test "hot spots" (or conversely, the daily deaths are all that matter)

Not to mention the prison cases don't count, which I'm sure will eventually lead to construction camps not mattering

Most of your post is muddy, but yes, new infections have leveled off over the last month, bouncing around a narrow range.

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

How old are the two older siblings since one is a 5 year old who also has Covid?

“Social workers will come in to check on the other two siblings regularly. We have also given them advice on how to stay safe from Covid-19 as they are in a high-risk group,” he said.  “The children confirmed that they can live by themselves in the apartment,” he added.

So are they actually being cared for or left to do it on their own until the social workers come by.  You can not make this up.

Its a new low, leaving two vulnerable children alone at home after their grandfather died of covid, mum and sibling both in hospital with it. Social workers going to keep a check yea. The risks involved in this are horrendous

• Thanks 1

Off topic posts have been removed.

While the subject of Covid19 in Thailand is necessarily a wide-ranging topic, posts such as the British navy coming to Phuket, or police officers in America dying from covid are a bit far from the mark.

8 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Here's a chart on the weekly positive case counts of community cases only, I didn't add the prisons although I know I should but thats all covered in the daily updates and ourworldindata charts on these threads daily. 

This takes out the noise of daily fluctuations and gives a better trend line, as you can see we are climbing and the last two weeks have had the largest increase in weekly cases since the start of the pandemic.

https://media.thaigov.go.th/uploads/public_img/source/280564.pdf

data points weekly.png

Thailand has gone from 29 to 26 in the last week on the covid-19 worldomter in weekly trends. 

1 minute ago, dinsdale said:

Thailand has gone from 29 to 26 in the last week on the covid-19 worldomter in weekly trends. 

Although trending downwards from the previous 7  days. Pardon me, always the optimist, frequently at error. 

Chonburi Public Health Office has just announced that they have 80 new cases and two more deaths. The total new cases so far is now 4,517. Most new cases are in Bang Lamung/Pattaya (11), Chonburi City (46), and Sriracha (6) #COVID19 #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1398432155701755905

21 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Although trending downwards from the previous 7  days. Pardon me, always the optimist, frequently at error. 

?? Maybe you missed the graph by BKK Brian 6 posts above 

Edited by morrobay

2 minutes ago, morrobay said:

?? Maybe you missed the graph by BKK Brian 5 posts above 

Just a different source, mine gave 

21,632 New cases in the last 7 days 

25,791 Preceding 7 days.

Down 16%

Perhaps includes the prisoners.

5 minutes ago, morrobay said:

?? Maybe you missed the graph by BKK Brian 6 posts above 

The graph would better reflect reality if there was a line for all provinces excluding Bangkok.

That would give a more accurate picture of what is happening in Thailand.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nattaya09 said:

After three months, they have less than 3% of the population vaccinated?

In fact, it should read under 1.5% of those fully vaccinated.

38 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Chonburi Public Health Office has just announced that they have 80 new cases and two more deaths. The total new cases so far is now 4,517. Most new cases are in Bang Lamung/Pattaya (11), Chonburi City (46), and Sriracha (6) #COVID19 #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1398432155701755905

looks like a slight bump up, but they are still having double digit cases daily.  I would like to know the amount of tests they have done to obtain the number positive so we can see what the positivity rate is.

34 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Just a different source, mine gave 

21,632 New cases in the last 7 days 

25,791 Preceding 7 days.

Down 16%

Perhaps includes the prisoners.

Does it matter if the prisoners are tallied and included.  You seem to want to not include them.  They are Covid cases, and they also affect the wardens, and staff who also go home daily to families.  You also have the delivery people who can also be infected from those clusters as well.

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

looks like a slight bump up, but they are still having double digit cases daily.  I would like to know the amount of tests they have done to obtain the number positive so we can see what the positivity rate is.

Yesterday they reported conducting 1500 tests to generate 25 positive cases.

Clearly, today’s report includes a new factory hotspot.

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

Does it matter if the prisoners are tallied and included.  You seem to want to not include them.  They are Covid cases, and they also affect the wardens, and staff who also go home daily to families.  You also have the delivery people who can also be infected from those clusters as well.

Well yes, if the numbers come in as one great glob as they did. You are wrong to say I do not want to include them, I simply want to know when they started to include them, and if they are included, when previously they were not. 

Your post is a good example of miscomprehension.... I simply tried to say perhaps why my numbers from here, differed from the graph by BKK Brian.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

The graph would better reflect reality if there was a line for all provinces excluding Bangkok.

That would give a more accurate picture of what is happening in Thailand.

Well if it makes it better for you add some more lines:

Prisons

Provinces

Province districts

Province sub districts

Bangkok 

Bangkok Districts

Bangkok sub districts

Then we must not forget the hotspots in each have to be highlighted.

Workers camps

Shopping centers

Close environment communities

Care homes

Private companies

Home infections

Then to give it some extra reality you would need to factor in the deaths to each line/category as a result of the virus:

When finished how do you think the visualization of the data and multimodal distribution will look like to read?

Or the alternative head here https://media.thaigov.go.th/uploads/public_img/source/280564.pdf and all the data you need are in those daily reports so if you are really that interested then go ahead and quote some figures or make some charts so you can have your own reality.

Edited by Bkk Brian

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well yes, if the numbers come in as one great glob as they did. You are wrong to say I do not want to include them, I simply want to know when they started to include them, and if they are included, when previously they were not. 

Your post is a good example of miscomprehension.... I simply tried to say perhaps why my numbers from here, differed from the graph by BKK Brian.

The unfortunate reality is that the prison numbers are not reported as they come in daily, and instead they are reported in a dump or a glob as you stated.  Not a miscomprehension of your post but in reality a post trying to explain the nuances to you.  You stating your numbers do not match Brians is the reason I wrote what I did.  They just started adding in the prison numbers recently and only after a prominent protestor was released and exposed the prisons as she also had Covid.

• Like 1

BREAKING: 34 deaths and 4,803 cases (* 2,702 from prisons) on Saturday. Full update at 12:30pm.

24 May: 2,713 - 30 dead

25 May: 3,226 - 26 dead

26 May: 2,455 - 41 dead

27 May: 3,323 - 47 dead

28 May: 3,759 - 34 dead

29 May: 4,803 - 34 dead <— TODAY

#COVID19 #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1398445233717665792

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Another large prison number dump.  It would be nice if they posted the actual daily cases from the prisons but I understand with the many prisons they have that would be truly hard to coordinate and it does take time to analyze all of those tests.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Its a bumpy ride in Chonburi which shows its still active in the community and they are relying a lot on self reporting of cases to find them and only if those people develop symptoms:

The Chonburi Public Health Office last night (May 27th) has released another timeline to inform people who went to specific places this month to notify health authorities and monitor their health in regards to Covid-19.

1. Hua Sanam Bin Market in Nong Kham, Si Racha on May 20th from 5:50 P.M. to 6:30 P.M.

2. Bor Yang Market in Nong Kham, Si Racha on May 23rd from 5:40 P.M. to 6:30 P.M.

3. Chark Kor Market in Surasak, Si Racha on May 23rd from 5:00 P.M. to 5:30 P.M..

If anyone has problems with respiratory symptoms and/or fever within 14 days from when they had visited those places, they must go to a hospital, according to the Chonburi Public Health Office.

They are also still finding cases through family contacts only.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/05/28/timeline-si-racha-markets-informs-residents-who-visited-places-in-relation-to-chonburi-covid-19-cases/

• Like 1