Thailand reports 3,759 new COVID-19 cases, 34 new deaths

webfact

8 minutes ago, Danny Australia said:

The only solution is a strict lockdown for Bangkok and surrounding areas for at least a month. No one should be allowed to leave or enter Bangkok.

Your not in Victoria (au).

While I'm not saying your wrong......it just won't work in Thailand

10 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Number of people who received vaccines:
1st dose: + 104,583
2nd dose: + 33,585
Total: 3,347,050

May be an image of text that says "COVID-19 in Thailand: Updated on Friday May 28, 2021 NBT WORLD Total recovered 97,872 Today 3,759 Receiving treatment 46,150 Deaths 954 more cases Domestic cases Proactive case finding Correctional Facilities Imported cases Number of people vaccinated: Total: 3,347,050 1,374 1,073 1,294 18 1st dose: +104,583 Total: 144,976 2nd dose: +33,585"

Breakdown by type of vaccine:

Vaccinations in #Thailand since 28th February 2021: First dose - Sinovac 2,199,028 & AstraZeneca 120,276 Second dose - Sinovac 1,016,372 & AstraZeneca 11,374

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1398162604799848450

Edited by anchadian

57 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

There is probably some scientific merit in studying the 1% of inmates who don’t test positive.

Maybe give them the antibody test: may have already had Covid so now have natural immunity?

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Friday's province by province breakdown of reported new COVID cases, and Thursday's chart below for comparison:

Friday, May 28:

1245462182_Provinces05-28-21.thumb.jpg.d05f93524e8d536edf5952b3d6ec819d.jpg

Thursday, May 27:

367679395_Provinces05-27-21.thumb.jpg.a26bb8554be71ed824f2da57d90f07ba.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/posts/10158044679917050

Almost every other area outside BKK virus jump always like yoyo! Walk in test really not work why they not finaly see that! Thailand have no idea what is R number and they cant even count that!

Only focus few hot spot in BKK even there are maybe many more in other provinces!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The government's English language COVID news briefing has wrapped up for the day, and once again, absolutely no update or additional details (such as participating hospital locations) of the government's supposed plan to launch a vaccine registration plan for foreign nationals starting June 7.

But, the spokesman did spend almost four minutes explaining why a newly discovered virus variant shouldn't be labeled a "Thai" variant.

Let’s face it....there is no plan.

first they ignored foreigners, maybe not deliberately, they just didn’t think about them. Then, after some online chatter they created an app for registration and a couple of hospital websites for the same thing. Just to keep people quiet and give a sense of activity while they figured out what to do.

but they have plenty on their plate that they regard as far more important. And maybe it is. Not many foreigners get caught up in prisons/worker camps/factories/local markets.

the mistake was on the very first day when they prioritized over 60’s, but excluded non Thais. Had it been for all in the age group there would be no fuss and a high risk group would be protected.

• Like 1

Bangkok province update  for Friday:

973 new cases, 38,409 cumulative cases since April 1, and 24 new deaths for a total of 415 for the current third wave outbreak, resulting in a 1.08% Bangkok case fatality rate for the latest outbreak.

Screenshot_13.jpg.1bf018355919e8f029524d7ada0f6732.jpg

The graphic below shows the past week of daily COVID case updates for (in order of the three lines on the chart) Thailand's total domestic cases, Bangkok province cases and prison cases. The far right column shows cumulative totals for each since April 1.

Screenshot_12.jpg.1926d35dfa1b7f9bd56255dc679b127a.jpg

--Thailand's total domestic case tally Friday was the highest of the past week.

--Bangkok's latest case tally was its fourth highest of the past week.

--The prisons latest case tally was the highest of the past week.

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/posts/334076721543992

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Vaccinations in #Thailand since 28th February 2021: First dose - Sinovac 2,199,028 & AstraZeneca 120,276 Second dose - Sinovac 1,016,372 & AstraZeneca 11,374

Apart from Uncle Tu and the Watchman, it would be interesting to see a demographic of who has actually received two doses of the AZ vaccine. 

Nope. 

I am paying attention to the data. Like I did in late April when the Doomsayers were irritated when I pointed out that the number of new infections was leveling off. 

Edited by onthedarkside
quote of hidden post removed

1 hour ago, Danny Australia said:

The current outbreak in bangkok is not improving more than one month on. The only solution is a strict lockdown for Bangkok and surrounding areas for at least a month. No one should be allowed to leave or enter Bangkok.

Currently, anyone can travel to and from Bangkok without any restrictions, which is insane. Bus services operates as usual between BKK and most provinces which helps to spread the virus to more provinces.

Yeah Australia have done great job bye lock down own citizen outside country. They have haddle covid so good but now they grow mice's! Should also lock down those out! Hope one day mice not spread covid!

Edited by 2 is 1

Just now, Danderman123 said:

Yes, the number of new infections has remained fairly stable for the last month. So much so that some people complain about it. 

Which statistical dream world are you living in ?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Bangkok province update  for Friday:

973 new cases, 38,409 cumulative cases since April 1, and 24 new deaths for a total of 415 for the current third wave outbreak, resulting in a 1.08% Bangkok case fatality rate for the latest outbreak.

Screenshot_13.jpg.1bf018355919e8f029524d7ada0f6732.jpg

All active case finding Bangkok positivity rates. 

28th May: 9.55%

27th May: 9.53%

26th May: 9.58% 

25th May: 8.96%

23rd May: 9.05%

22 May: 9.08%

20 May: 7.21%

19th May: 7.04%

18th May: 6.98%

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Latest Ministry of Public Health charts showing how Thailand is faring versus world countries and its regional peer countries ranked by total numbers of COVID cases since the start of the pandemic. For the latest update, Thailand ranked 84th among more than 200 countries.

Screenshot_1.jpg.6f0179011f975153d3cd6923b4df4938.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg.dcabd46b63919ac1f6ed25cbcc16b0a1.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/posts/334076721543992

Next update will be 83 and soon 82. I previously posted this.

Left to eat uncooked meat in the dark, workers sealed in Thai factory protest mistreatment

Sealed inside a factory to contain a COVID-19 outbreak, hundreds of frustrated and angry migrant workers say they’ve been left in the dark by power outages without adequate food and no medical care.

The poor conditions that led more than 1,300 workers at the Cal-Comp Electronics factory in Phetchaburi province to protest, including loss of electricity for 12 hours, had not been addressed as of today, according to workers and an NGO there, and no Thai authorities had arrived to help.

“We take care of each other. No officers here,” Tlay Nyo, one of the Burmese workers stuck at the site, said by phone in Thai. “There was no electricity for hours yesterday and we don’t know if it will happen again today.”

Cal-Comp workers staged a protest Thursday night to complain about conditions and demand action by the factory’s management and health officials. Photo: Petchpoom Hot News

More:

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/left-to-eat-raw-meat-in-the-dark-workers-sealed-in-thai-factory-protest-mistreatment/

• Sad 6

51 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Thailand reached an important landmark today with over 1 million people being fully vaccinated. In a side note, no-one has been vaccinated (either 1st or 2nd jabs) with AstraZeneca for a week now.

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1398164686349111298

Maybe it’s just me, but 1 million doesn’t seem such an important landmark. It’s a round number I guess, it’s also a lot of people.

But it’s barely 2% of the population so really just a small beginning. TEN million is a landmark, TWENTY FIVE  million an important landmark. One million is a drop in the ocean.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Yes, the number of new infections has remained fairly stable for the last month. So much so that some people complain about it. 

Yes, the number of testing has remained fairly stable for the last month (of course we don't know how many tests are being done because it's hidden) so much so that some people complain about it. Mmmm? I see a parallel. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Yes, the number of testing has remained fairly stable for the last month (of course we don't know how many tests are being done because it's hidden) so much so that some people complain about it. Mmmm? I see a parallel. 

This is what I'm confused about.

I'm not at all comparing AU to Thailand, it just puzzles me as to why # of tests per day is not released. I keep an eye on Melbourne as from there and all the figures including # of tests is published.

Are those numbers available in Thailand? 

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

This is what I'm confused about.

I'm not at all comparing AU to Thailand, it just puzzles me as to why # of tests per day is not released. I keep an eye on Melbourne as from there and all the figures including # of tests is published.

Are those numbers available in Thailand? 

Can't remember but around the 48,000 mark yesterday. Found 4 new cases. This is search and destroy not sit back and see what happens. Fairly obvious to anyone with the very minimum of brain cells which is more effective in dealing with a pandemic of a virus with ever increasing variants. I did post several days ago before the very lastest variant that if anything comes out of Thailand it should be called T1.1.Prayut.

Tests per day here are not released because they are substanded to the situation and they don't want anyone to know. Remember Thailand is number 1 and the hub of everything. I believe even last year when they were all mutaully 'congradulating' themselves because the world was saying how great Thailand was handling things the figures were bogus. Now it's skyrocketed the figures are still bogus for the same reasons. We have to look good.

Edited by dinsdale

2 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Can't remember but around the 48,000 mark yesterday. Found 4 new cases

Think you misunderstood me. Yes the figures very easy to find for Au. Yes Victoria just under 48k test in last 24 hours.

I want to know number of tests that Thailand does per day..

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Think you misunderstood me. Yes the figures very easy to find for Au. Yes Victoria just under 48k test in last 24 hours.

I want to know number of tests that Thailand does per day..

See above. Didn't misunderstand you. It's a sham.

• Confused 1