Thailand reports 3,759 new COVID-19 cases, 34 new deaths

webfact

REUTERS_FILE.JPG

REUTERS FILE PHOTO for reference only

Thailand on Friday (May 28) reported 3,759 new COVID-19 cases and 34 additional deaths.

● 2,465 new infections
● 1294 prison / prison infections

Friday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 144,976 with 954 deaths.

The news comes as The Department of Medical Sciences has announced that nine production lots of the AstraZeneca vaccine, manufactured locally by Siam Bioscience, passed quality inspection by the Department.

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-05-28

1 hour ago, SmartyMarty said:

is it just me or is this groundhog day in terms of the figures?

I would agree with you, but Ryan says no it's not, it's just more of the same. 

Seems to me he agrees with you but says he doesn't. Perhaps I'll see it differently when I've had a cup of tea. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SmartyMarty said:

is it just me or is this groundhog day in terms of the figures?

It's the very  same  with  many countries, Ireland  has been at around 400 a day for the past  5 weeks,so it's not only Thailand. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

Well it seems as though the numbers have once again stabalized. ???? This should see Thailand at number 83 on the covid-19 charts and at this rate number 82 in 3-5 days. Up 35 spots in around 2 months. Prisons and clusters etc will continue to give highish numbers and it's going to be a long time before numbers actually start to show any significant reduction. Being that testing seems to be around these two areas along with hospital presentations one wonders how much community transmission is out there going undetected.

Random testing outside of hotspots is not being publicized much, and is buried in the national figures. It is sort of broken out for Chonburi, and the implied positivity rate is very low, outside of hotspots.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

It's the very  same  with  many countries, Ireland  has been at around 400 a day for the past  5 weeks,so it's not only Thailand. 

But never at the start of a surge...those flatline patterns ALWAYS come after an exponential surge. By a pandemics very nature you can’t have a flatline at the beginning of the pandemic...it’s either up or it’s down...it’s not up and then flatline at the high water mark.

Show me a country that has flatlined at the high water mark?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Marvin Hagler said:

But never at the start of a surge...those flatline patterns ALWAYS come after an exponential surge. By a pandemics very nature you can’t have a flatline at the beginning of the pandemic...it’s either up or it’s down...it’s not up and then flatline at the high water mark.

Show me a country that has flatlined at the high water mark?

100%. Other countries with mass testing and reliable figures show covid graphs like a rollercoaster. All depends on restrictions. My guess Thailand is on the up not the down.

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Marvin Hagler said:

This new Thai variant is big news in the UK and is in all of the major newspapers. Could it be possible that this variant is also running rampant here? Hard to imagine there would be 100 cases in UK and none in Thailand.

If true then the July 1st "opening" is now well and truly scuppered.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1