Thailand reports 3,759 new COVID-19 cases, 34 new deaths

webfact

21 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

It's the very  same  with  many countries, Ireland  has been at around 400 a day for the past  5 weeks,so it's not only Thailand. 

I suggest you dig a little deeper and look at their overall statistics.

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

OK I will  do later, off for a run now, another  great  day in the land of smiles  ????????????????????????

3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Security forces deployed after Covid-19 patients tried to flee field hospital during power outage

More than 500 Covid-19 patients, all Myanmar nationals, tried to escape from a field hospital in Phetchaburi province during a power outage on Thursday evening, a news source revealed.

The field hospital has been set up within the Cal-Comp Electronics Thailand factory, in Khao Yoi district, about 100 kilometres southwest of Bangkok, after 682 workers tested positive earlier this month.

“At around 6pm, there was an electrical malfunction at the hospital, as a result electric fans stopped working,” said the source. “About 500 patients were upset due to the hot and crowded conditions and tried to escape from the building.”

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40001402

Oh, great - a "field hospital" ... but no back-up generator.

Worse: no existing plan in the event of a blackout, other than telling everyone to just stay put.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Security forces deployed after Covid-19 patients tried to flee field hospital during power outage

More than 500 Covid-19 patients, all Myanmar nationals, tried to escape from a field hospital in Phetchaburi province during a power outage on Thursday evening, a news source revealed.

The field hospital has been set up within the Cal-Comp Electronics Thailand factory, in Khao Yoi district, about 100 kilometres southwest of Bangkok, after 682 workers tested positive earlier this month.

“At around 6pm, there was an electrical malfunction at the hospital, as a result electric fans stopped working,” said the source. “About 500 patients were upset due to the hot and crowded conditions and tried to escape from the building.”

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40001402

Obviously they felt they were being treated as prisoners and not as human beings.  Locked in for up to a month is insane. What is this government trying t prove by caging up migrants workers.  Where ar the Thai workers being housed who work in the same company?  Disparity much, you can bet your bottom dollar.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Thailand covid deaths now more than road deaths 

26/5/2021: 22  road deaths

27/5/2021: 31 road deaths

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1398111053305704449

We reported the same here yesterday when the COVID death count was 47. Usually, official road deaths in Thailand average about 50 per day... Though the numbers lately I think have been running lower because of work from home, late night voluntary curfews, etc etc.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

He said tourists must come from countries considered low risk by the Public Health Ministry,

Pray tell where the list of low risk countries is stored away at.  The last I saw was in October that Thailand was going to draw up such a list, but with things changing daily, weekly, monthly, I have never actually seen said list.  In essence if you come from one of the unsavory countries ot listed as a low risk then its still a 14 day quarantine, or what is it.   

Anutin: COVID Vaccines Available on June 7

BANGKOK, May 28 (TNA) – Deputy Prime Minister and Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul confirmed that general people would definitely have COVID-19 vaccines on June 7.

He advised people not to mind the sources of the vaccines they would receive. All the vaccines that the government acquired were effective, he said.

Vaccine issues should not be politicized especially when it came to vaccine distributions that were different in each area, he said.

Edited by onthedarkside
formatting
  • Haha 2

"The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) reports that the first day of COVID-19 vaccination reservations on Thursday, through the "Thai Ruam Jai Safe Bangkok" system, drew more than 1 million applications.

Bangkok Governor Aswin Kwanmuang said the registration for Thai citizens in Bangkok, aged between 18 and 59, via website, the Paotang mobile application and in-person at major supermarket chains, went smoothly.

Those who register through the Thai Ruam Jai system can receive vaccine shots at 25 non-hospital vaccination centers, such as the University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce, The Street Ratchada, Central Lad Phrao and at the SCG Headquarters vaccination center."

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/posts/10158044570262050

And then further updated from the BMA this morning with totals as of 10 p.m. last night:

"Total number 1,456,570 people divided into
???????? 934,317 people who registered via the application ′′ wallet ′′
???????? 522,253 people who have registered via Thai web. Combine Dotcom and convenience stores."

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

The Thai Chamber of Commerce and the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration today opened three more non-hospital vaccination stations at Asiatique, Sripatum University and EmQuartier shopping center.

@TNAMCOT

https://twitter.com/TNAMCOTEnglish/status/1398133345813340163

33 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Anutin: COVID Vaccines Available on June 7

BANGKOK, May 28 (TNA) – Deputy Prime Minister and Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul confirmed that general people would definitely have COVID-19 vaccines on June 7.

He advised people not to mind the sources of the vaccines they would receive. All the vaccines that the government acquired were effective, he said.

Vaccine issues should not be politicized especially when it came to vaccine distributions that were different in each area, he said.

Many of us foreigners do 'mind the sources of the vaccines'.  Will we be in short supply of AZ?

The TAT is still holding on to the #Phuket Sandbox project starting July 1, which lets vaccinated foreign tourists roam the island (which aims to have herd immunity by then) before going to the rest of the country that is still dealing with a highly virulent #COVID19 wave…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Susco said:

There are reports of people getting infected twice, even getting infected after vaccination, so what resembles herd immunity?

There is merit in what you say. Vaccines are not 100 percent effective. There are plenty of reports from reliable sources of vaccinated individuals contracting the virus to varying degrees of illness. This is not limited to specific brands of vaccine.

The concept of herd immunity is fluid it is not a static percentage of population ie like 70% that is often quoted. There are many variables. The biggest variables are R0 of the virus and the efficacy of the vaccines used. Once the r0 of the virus gets above 4 even  the best vaccines  will require over 90% uptake for herd immunity

• Like 1

A long post appearing to be the full version of some kind of news article has been removed for failing to follow fair use quoting rules and having no weblink or credit to the source.

The forum's rule:

You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

11 minutes ago, anchadian said:

32 people arrested at "restaurant" at Bali Hai Pier in #Pattaya last night for allegedly drinking alcohol, smoking shisha, and gathering which is against the current Covid-19 measures in Chonburi.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/05/28/32-thais-and-foreigners-arrested-in-pattaya-for-allegedly-drinking-alcohol-smoking-shisha-and-violating-covid-19-measures/

Looking at photos of the bar, it looks like it’s mostly an outdoors bar, not too smart if these people were drinking in public. There does seem to be an enclosed area, but it looks very small, not enough for 32 people.

• Sad 2

37 minutes ago, anchadian said:

So basically he is telling them that Sinovac is a go and to not worry about its pedigree without the WHO approval.  MY view of course.

25 minutes ago, anchadian said:

The Thai government is asking people not to call a new strain of Covid-19 detected in the UK the “Thai Variant” as it originated in Egypt 

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1398136909734547456

Wait, didn't they name it themselves, ergo why an earlier article published claims it was the Thai Variant.  So confused by the daily stories, denials and u-turns, sometimes my head just spins.  I feel like I am on a merry go-round. 

More than 100 cases of new Thai Covid strain detected in UK as Indian variant surges - Thailand News - Thai Visa Forum

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Wait, didn't they name it themselves, ergo why an earlier article published claims it was the Thai Variant.  So confused by the daily stories, denials and u-turns, sometimes my head just spins.  I feel like I am on a merry go-round. 

I'm on a merry-go-round all day.  I understand what you mean.  As well as posting, I am doing other things as well.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, anchadian said:

The Thai government is asking people not to call a new strain of Covid-19 detected in the UK the “Thai Variant” as it originated in Egypt 

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1398136909734547456

BANGKOK, May 28 (TNA) – Dr Opas Karnkawinpong, director-general of the Department of Disease Control, denied there was a Thai variant of COVID-19.

There had not been a Thai variant of COVID-19 as reported and there would be an investigation, he said.

The disease control chief responded to the reports that a British health organization detected a new variant of the coronavirus from Thailand and the variant was found with an arrival in Thailand from Egypt on May 24.

Dr Opas said he ordered investigation into the matter for further clarification. (TNA)

https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-705587

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, anchadian said:

BANGKOK, May 28 (TNA) – Dr Opas Karnkawinpong, director-general of the Department of Disease Control, denied there was a Thai variant of COVID-19.

There had not been a Thai variant of COVID-19 as reported and there would be an investigation, he said.

The disease control chief responded to the reports that a British health organization detected a new variant of the coronavirus from Thailand and the variant was found with an arrival in Thailand from Egypt on May 24.

Dr Opas said he ordered investigation into the matter for further clarification. (TNA)

https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-705587

How would a British health organization detect a variant in Thailand?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1