Fears that relaxing ganja laws will result in crime explosion - but US data suggests otherwise

webfact

5 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I've never had skunk. Had Thai sticks on Koh Pa Ngan during the first early moon parties re 1991.

My friend who was a 10 foot unicyling juggler taxi driver used to take hash from Nepal hidden in his dreadlocks ???? 

Ship anchored by Pattaya 1979, 1 USD per stick.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, thaichina said:

No, chronic pot smokers are not known to be highly industrious and brilliant.

No one gives a Fk about the hippies sitting up those hills. 

And that does still not make it true that   Everybody free to smoke but it does make you stupid and lazy, it just deflects a little bit.

That’s a cliche! 

1 hour ago, pacovl46 said:

That’s such a stupid stereotype! It might be true for some stoners, but it’s definitely not true for all of them! I know lots of chronic pot smokers and not one of them is a lazy loser! They all go to work, own their own homes, have families and are productive members of society! They just prefer to smoke a joint instead of drinking alcohol! That’s the only difference. 

I prefer both. Simultaneously. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/28/2021 at 1:27 PM, kynikoi said:

Right. Because chronic pot smokers are known to be highly industrious and absolutely brilliant. Just ask all the hippies sitting up in the hills in Himachal Pradesh. Bloody geniuses each one.

Aveinalaff

Chronic users of any drug are generally low performers. How many high achieving alcoholics ir junkies do you know of? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, timberpond said:

Reggae playing guitars around a camp fire singing No Woman No Cry?  

Yea but, they've probably got dreadlocks too.

Which is anti-social.

????????????

*for the deaf & hard of hearing, this post contains nuts*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/28/2021 at 10:14 AM, webfact said:

He claimed that since legalization in Colorado in the US youth crime had rocketed by a multiple of eleven.

See, right here is the problem.

Someone in a position of authority spouting utter rubbish.

Anyone with 1/2 brain would critically assess and evaluate any statistics presented to them showing a +1,000% increase (whatever the subject matter) to confirm and verify their understanding. 

This guy is on the board of quite a few organisations, I somehow doubt his capabilities are why he is being appointed. I can’t say he seems to have done a great job of ‘managing risks’ for this particular organisation....

3E258E2B-35A7-4E8E-9335-1B8538C222A0.png

• Like 1

On 5/28/2021 at 4:30 AM, kynikoi said:

No, I'm crystal clear.

I believe everyone should have the freedom to smoke as much weed as that want legally. I'm simply saying it makes a person stupid and lazy.

Yeah, just look at those slackers like Musk and Rogan. Prior to legalization in Canada police chiefs all over the land were ringing the alarm. A year later they all admitted being wrong. In my city of 800k there wasn't a single impaired driving while  high on cannabis ticket issued the year after it became legal. 

I am not sure where the article got its correlation between marijuana use and low crime rates in the USA but one thing is for sure, the crime rate in the USA is out of control irrespective of what fuels it. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, retsdon said:

Chronic users of any drug are generally low performers. How many high achieving alcoholics ir junkies do you know of? 

There’s a massive difference between alcoholics, junkies and pot smokers. If you’re high on heroin all you do is nodding off, someone who’s really drunk won’t get anything done either, but someone high on pot can do essentially everything. I used to smoke pot for 23 years on a daily basis and I still got everything done because you get used to it and it doesn’t really impair you like junk or alcohol does! That’s a fact. Obviously you can’t know that unless you’ve been smoking on a daily basis for an extended period of time. On the other hand, if you have a joint like once a month you will be too high for most things, I’ll give you that. 

23 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I prefer both. Simultaneously. 

As long as you do both at the same time you should be fine, but having a smoke after already being drunk is a VERY BAD idea, unless you’re into hugging a toilet for the rest of the night! ????