Thailand reports 4,803 new COVID-19 cases, 34 new deaths

webfact

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

But no new tour groups arriving in Thailand from China after the 27th.

You could see the difference on Walking Street the week after the tour group ban.

Of course there were, not all tour groups go to Thailand as a first stop, many go to Japan, Vietnam, Singapore or Malaysia first before heading to Thailand. There was absolutely no difference in Phuket as already proved to you with the hotel occupancy and visual video.

• Like 2

Efforts by authorities to stop the spread of COVID-19 among thousands of migrant workers are violating their rights and putting them at increased risk of infection,

"Labour authorities are arresting workers instead of testing them, and we are concerned this will lead to workers hiding," said Adisorn Kerdmongkol, a coordinator at the Migrant Working Group (MWG), a network of non-governmental organisations.

"(Migrant workers) will be afraid to get treated for fear of being deported, and the outbreak will be out of control."

"Enforcing an abusive and discriminatory policy, Thai authorities put migrant workers affected by the COVID-19 outbreak in a ghetto, where infection spreads like wildfire in squalid conditions," said Sunai Phasuk, a senior researcher for Human Rights Watch in Thailand.

Forced to quarantine at his factory as COVID-19 cases surge in Thailand, migrant worker Hein Thet Zaw has spent the last 10 days sleeping in a tent, trying to ward off hunger with meagre supplies of rice and boiled eggs.

https://news.trust.org/item/20210528152739-huym4/

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Sad 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Madeline Thompson said:

It's important to remember that, in the general population,  new cases are not spiking over the previous days, but primarily rising the same. These prison statistics  have recently been added to the daily count - to what end, I'm not sure.  It's also important to note that the PCR testing material is not that accurate, you get a lot of false positives.  It's famous for that.  It would be very helpful if the general population did not panic but work at getting their lives back.  That's very important for the survival of the country at large  It's also very important to note that the fatality count covers a total of 68million people.  It is not a time to panic - as difficult it is to lose loved ones, this is not a huge number of people on a daily count.  This particular virus is as deadly as are often led to believe..

I think that the “end” in terms of adding prison cases to the daily Covid count, is so that all cases are counted. That’s how it seems to me.

the false positive thing is true, although I have read that if a positive result is seen, the Thai government then requires a second confirmatory test. I don’t know if that is true, but I have seen it posted on here several times....so it must be true.

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You are writing about theory, but I am writing about facts.

I posted data earlier showing over 50% of the new cases outside Bangkok BEFORE Songkran, but now 80% of the new cases are in the Bangkok region.

Chonburi had 141 cases BEFORE Songkran, there are 80 cases today.

Below is the case map BEFORE Songkran:

1C3004D0-94D2-47C7-8FD0-9EB01DAE7CDB.jpeg

Only 80 cases today, huh?

Let me see now, have they had any restrictions in place in Chonburi over the course of the last month? If so, might have skewed the comparison a bit.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Chinese New year 2020 and the following 2 weeks here in Bangkok were packed with Chinese groups in the China Town section of Yaowarat Road.  It was so busy that the side streets down the market area of Sampeng and around Wat Monkong made it impossible to get around.  I posted photos back then on one of the OPs. 3 weeks later I was attending 2 funerals in Issan for family members that had been here during the Chinese New year and suddenly became sick with respiratory illnesses and passed away at home, a third family member died near the end of March.  all in their 60's and without ever having had any medical issues.  I posted about this in great detail back then.  When I flew back to BKK after the first two funerals the plane I flew on was packed with many Chinese.  It was not until at least April that they started to leave my section of Bangkok. So to say that there were no tour groups left here that one poster is claiming is a complete fabrication of his imagination. 

Pattaya emptied out of Chinese dramatically at the end of January.  I found a newspaper article citing a 90% drop by February 1, but it's on the website That Shall Not Be Named. 

I am sure that there were plenty of long term Chinese residents in Bangkok long after that. 

Edited by Danderman123

7 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Only 80 cases today, huh?

Let me see now, have they had any restrictions in place in Chonburi over the course of the last month? If so, might have skewed the comparison a bit.

The question on the table is the impact of Songkran travel on infections in Chonburi. I have demonstrated that there were more infections before Songkran than today. 

You are answering another question. I have no idea what it is, though. 

NUMBERS, NUMBERS and NUMBERS.. It does not mean anything and there is no reason to panic .  the virus  is in full blown mutation and spreading.   Amazing Thailand and Happy life 

Herd immunity does not kill the virus .It is still alive.  herd immunity by infection is a one way to solve the problem if the government can't get enough vaccines.  Is it enough? 

the problem with the mutation of the virus ...can you reach herd immunity without vaccination? 

There is different composition of the vaccines between Moderna/pfzer ( uses MRNA)  and the rest of the bunch ( using flue dead bug)

So far only the MRNA vaccines can withstand the various mutation of the virus.

Others can prevent death and hospitalization but infection is more likely.

any kind of vaccines is better than none.  Infection will always be there for a while. There are no quick solution to return to normality soon.  The whole world is in a "stop mode" - nothing is moving  across borders and holiday travelling is dead. 

Reading the international news, the whole world is not at ease  from China, France, Australia, US and UK and many other more countries. There are still no confidence that any vaccination can contain this virus and for how long?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yea and you could also respond to the point with the reality of the situation, you're compassion is zero for other peoples fate which says a lot about you as a person.

I save my compassion for the victims of crime...not its perpetrators. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Spock said:

80% of Thais in prison are in for drug offences, most of them minor. Who are the obvious victims other than themselves? 

Their families... fathers... mothers... sons... daughters... wives...how's that for a start?

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

6 minutes ago, AndyFoxy said:

You forgot sisters, brothers, cousins, nephews and nieces.

See...even more victims; and don't forget the girl/boyfriends, fiancés, and in-laws. Then there's the people and shopkeepers they probably robbed and stole from to fund their habit...and the employers they embezzled funds from...and the people they borrowed money from with no intention of paying it back. The list of victims is almost endless.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Wow talk about close proximity patient mixing in the Field hospitals!

COVID29.jpg

an interesting statistic that is being held close to the chest is the daily number of new pregnancies in these facilities.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, rumak said:

an interesting statistic that is being held close to the chest is the daily number of new pregnancies in these facilities.

These are people who have been diagnosed with infection already yes...then no real need for physical distancing. They ALREADY have the virus and this looks like a ward for asymptomatic people.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I save my compassion for the victims of crime...not its perpetrators. 

Yea you said that before yet I was talking about those who are on remand and have had no trial yet, innocent many of them. 

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yea you said that before yet I was talking about those who are on remand and have had no trial yet, innocent many of them. 

That's why I recommended keeping a bail fund handy...but you dismissed this suggestion. For most crimes, pre-trial cash bail is available in Thailand. If you've ever read a Thai car insurance certificates, most include a cash bail bond if you are charged with a serious crime while driving.

Just now, Pattaya Spotter said:

These are people who have been diagnosed with infection already yes...then no real need for physical distancing. They ALREADY have the virus and this looks like a ward for asymptomatic people.

mrs rumak is offering a free pack of personalized masks to the first 3 members that understood my post as humor

3 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

That's why I recommended keeping a bail fund handy...but you dismissed this suggestion. For most crimes, pre-trial cash bail is available in Thailand.

Pathetic. You think a low paid Thai has 200k in his back pocket as insurance incase he gets locked up for something he did not do

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Pathetic. You think a low paid Thai has 200k in his back pocket as insurance incase he gets locked up for something he did not do

Well, that would be a bummer if not, just like for anybody else

Anyone got th number of Covid deaths in these prisons, or is it all just numbers ?

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

See...even more victims; and don't forget the girl/boyfriends, fiancés, and in-laws. Then there's the people and shopkeepers they probably robbed and stole from to fund their habit...and the employers they embezzled funds from...and the people they borrowed money from with no intention of paying it back. The list of victims is almost endless.

They get more than enough punishment for their crime. They do not also deserve to be captive victims to covid.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

That's typically the amount for a foreigner or wealthy Thai in a serious case...my understanding is it's much less for average Thais, especially for what you term lesser crimes like use/possession of personal amounts of illegal narcotics.