Police had no warrant for raid on luxury house in Pattaya, lawyer claims

webfact

30 minutes ago, webfact said:

Questions remain as to why a legitimate businessman would have a high powered weapon in his possession.

Yes, that's a suspensions part of the story from the beginning, there must be more to it than what has been revealed so far in the news...????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

I am of the opinion if the guy did not own an ILLIGAL machine pistol. Something nobody should own and is clearly illigal there would be no problem.

Its normal to rush a search warrant unless you want the criminals to have time to destroy all evidence. Its the same all over the world. You rush in making sure the criminals can't get rid of evidence.

In other topics they showed that there was uniformed police too. This guys i just a criminal who used a gun to resist arrest. Who in his right mind would think that 20+ people storming to your house would be criminals. Now a small party of people maybe .. but this big a group not likely. 

You could also go one step further, if the guy wasnt in Thailand it wouldnt have happened.

I think agree to disagree works better. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If the police want to knock, wait, and ask to be allowed in, what is the point of the search warrant? 

In the US they simultaneously knock and announce themselves and then (depending on their suspicions) knock the door down. 

12 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

If the police want to knock, wait, and ask to be allowed in, what is the point of the search warrant? 

In the US they simultaneously knock and announce themselves and then (depending on their suspicions) knock the door down. 

They are also very highly visible in the type of Uniforms Etc that they wear, and use very specific commands to the potential perp.

Police do not just turn up with a warrant in the same clothes they wore out last night brandishing Guns in an open threat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

You could also go one step further, if the guy wasnt in Thailand it wouldnt have happened.

I think agree to disagree works better. ????

Agreed. Just don't see why anyone who is not into some shady business would have an illigal gun.  Im not buying the fact that the guy is innocent and if he was indeed a criminal it makes sense to execute a search order fast so he can't destroy evidence.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Questions remain as to why a legitimate businessman would have a high powered weapon in his possession.

Fear of being ambushed and kidnapped is a valid reason for purchasing a firearm I believe - for a Thai.

I wonder if he grabbed his wifes gun when the kidnappers arrived?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

All of the posters here defending this guys actions seem to be overlooking one (well a few) things.

He's a foreigner that opened fire on the Police with a nasty looking weapon that is likely an illegal weapon, he also shot 2 police officers.

If this guy were a westerner, the very same people that are defending this guy would be screaming, burn him, burn him alive! 

It's very interesting that for this guy, being a Chinese national seems to make all the difference to the view of some people posting on here and how they feel about the whole situation isn't it? very interesting indeed ???? 

Edited by JamieM
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

What made the difference for me was the 'house invaders' wearing t-shirts, jeans and flip-flops and carrying guns.

Feel free to show me the posts where you have defended westerners being arrested by plain clothes Thai police officers.  Genuinely curious to see them.

Crime agencies and intelligence agencies all over the world use plain clothes officers during arrests like this all the time and that is a fact.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Just now, JamieM said:

Feel free to show me the posts where you have defended westerners being arrested by plain clothes Thai police officers.  Genuinely curious to see them.

Crime agencies and intelligence agencies all over the world use plain clothes officers during arrests like this all the time and that is a fact.

I always had 3-5 uniformed officers banging on my door in the UK when they wanted to arrest or question me. And outside my house would be a marked police car, or 3.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, CharlieH said:

I suggest if they handled it correctly, drove up, sealed the exits, presented the warrant correctly, No shots and no one would have been hurt.

In my view the action was wreckless and endangered lives.

This is what happens when they watch too much US cop TV - they all become SWAT heroes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Let see if his story changes in due course, or he goes missing and the search warrant turns up. Anything is possible in Thailand, remember the Red Bull thing.

The search warrants will be written post facto. There is no technology in place to dispute it. Could be 150 years ago. It's all paper.

• Like 2