CW help USA friend

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

I would recommend to approach the problem is this way:

Always act stupid, like you don't know that anything is wrong, for the general person it's not obvious, and because the problem is caused by the wrong stamp by IO they might try to solve it without much trouble.

Complete a TM7 form to apply for a standard 30 day extension, take the required copies, photos, etc. and go to apply for this extension, just hand in your documents like everything is alright, don't say anything.

At some point they will notice that the stamp in the passport is wrong, when they mention it do again act stupid and let them find a solution.

Never mention that you were aware of this problem. If you are lucky you might get around the 20k overstay fine.

But bring 20k for the fine (and 2*1900THB for two extensions, regular 30 day extension and 60 day covid extension) with you, in case you have to pay it you can sort it out on the spot.

Make sure that there is enough time, it might take them a bit to sort out this mess.

There is no way past the 20,000 THB fine, as he has overstayed. Ignorance will not change the fact that he is over 40 days of overstay, and a fine is required.

The lucky part would be if they even allowed him an extension as he has already passed max fine which is 40 days.

Sometimes they deny extension, and his only option is to exit the country which would he would be able to do without blacklist as long as it is under 90 days.

It's worth a try though as we have not heard of anyone getting 7 day stamps with an order to leave like they did before March 2020.

Final answer 

I made an appointment at 9:15 am at CW for a one year extension. Went there today and lady immigration officer  wanted to grant him the one year extensions stay and understood all the issues. She said he was not overstay because he put his old extension of stay number on his airport entry form and that is why immigration gave him 90 days. No problem. 

Her supervisor would not let her give him a one year extension today but was very nice. Supervisor said to go to MTT at the K que and get extension. She said no overstay no problem. Come back later for a extension of stay when his money was in the bank longer and he had enough time left on his visa to ask for an extension of stay. Both immigration officers were very kind and supportive. 

We went to MTT arrived a little before 10 am and have a 30 day extension for 1900 baht and were que number 86. 

we are going down one floor to do his 90 day report now. 

Can he get a non 0 90 day visa 15 days before his 30 day extension ends?  And then get a one year extension of stay for retirement?  

I really appreciate all the positive comments and advise you provided. He is a good man and just needed some assistance to stay here longer.

If Covid had not happened he would have been here to do his retirement extension of stay last December before it expired. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes and yes.

But he could do the visa application as soon as he has proof of the 800k baht in the bank. He does not have wait until the 15 days before date. Look at the requirements for the visa application posted earlier to help him get the required documents together for the application.

Was told he did not need to do a 90 day report so we are done. 

7E854136-1A34-4047-8ECE-E52DC4BB06A2.jpeg

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

Can he get a non 0 90 day visa 15 days before his 30 day extension ends?  And then get a one year extension of stay for retirement?  

You should make an appointment for next week to apply for the Non O, whilst he still has 20+ days left.

Don't leave it any longer in case you do not have all the required documents and need to return

You stated he deposited the 800K in a Thai bank account.

You'll need an update Passbook on the day of application showing the 800K and proof it was transferred from overseas, as well as the standard bank letter.

(5.1, 5,2 and 5.3 of the already provided requirements for a Non O application).

Completed form TM87.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

Was told he did not need to do a 90 day report so we are done. 

As per UJ comment above.

He isn't required to make 90 day reports until he applies for his 1 year extension, at which time they will staple a notification of his due report date in his Passport.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

There is no way past the 20,000 THB fine, as he has overstayed. Ignorance will not change the fact that he is over 40 days of overstay, and a fine is required.

Looks like in this case you were wrong.

I wonder though what the entry in the computer said, his passport obviously has a ผ.45 note which doesn't match 90 days from the stamp.

1 hour ago, Wake Up said:

She said he was not overstay because he put his old extension of stay number on his airport entry form and that is why immigration gave him 90 days.

This explanation doesn't make much sense, due to the ผ.45 note in the passport which means visa exempt 45 days.

I guess they understood that the problem was caused by one of them and wanted to give an easy way out, good for your friend.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jackdd said:

Looks like in this case you were wrong.

I wonder though what the entry in the computer said, his passport obviously has a ผ.45 note which doesn't match 90 days from the stamp.

This explanation doesn't make much sense, due to the ผ.45 note in the passport which means visa exempt 45 days.

I guess they understood that the problem was caused by one of them and wanted to give an easy way out, good for your friend.

Seems like he got very lucky.

But as we mentioned there is nothing to lose at the moment to try.

We still don't understand what exactly is the situation as the OP is talking about 90 day reporting on exempt entry.

Is it possible that he entered on an NON-O visa, and the officer stamped an exempt entry stamp. If this was the case then the outcome would make a lot of sense. As he speaks about a yearly extension which would not even be possible on an exempt entry stamp.

So he may have never been under overstay just stamped incorrectly. Which is easily correctable.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre

8 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

Seems like he got very lucky.

But as we mentioned there is nothing to lose at the moment to try.

We still don't understand what exactly is the situation as the OP is talking about 90 day reporting on exempt entry.

Is it possible that he entered on an NON-O visa, and the officer stamped an exempt entry stamp. If this was the case then the outcome would make a lot of sense. As he speaks about a yearly extension which would not even be possible on an exempt entry stamp.

So he may have never been under overstay just stamped incorrectly. Which is easily correctable.

He always did 90 day reports when he lived in Thailand  for past years on extensions of stay so he thought he needed to do one when he returned to Thailand in March 2021 and would be here for 90 days. 

Maybe he was lucky. I can say that today the immigration lady and her boss lady were very friendly, understanding his statements and questions,  and they were very helpful and comforting. The supervisor boss lady would not give him an extension of stay today. But the boss lady talked with us and  she told him not to worry and go to MTT to the K que and he would have no problems and to come back later for his extension of stay. 

I talked with him about the advice on this forum to get the Non O and convert it to a one year extension and he is relieved and feels much better. We need the visa experts on this forum because rules change and it can be tricky to understand all the reporting and visa options. I have learned a lot that I did not know and I have done 90 day reporting and extensions of stay before since 2016. 

He and I are thankful to all involved in helping him resolve his problems and taking the time to answer the questions in this post. Much appreciated to all. You helped a good man today find the right path to getting another extension of stay and living in Thailand legally. ????

30 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

Is it possible that he entered on an NON-O visa, and the officer stamped an exempt entry stamp.

He got a 30 day tourist extension, this basically rules out this theory.

It must have been a "tourist type" entry.

2 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

He always did 90 day reports when he lived in Thailand  for past years on extensions of stay so he thought he needed to do one when he returned to Thailand in March 2021 and would be here for 90 days. 

Maybe he was lucky. I can say that today the immigration lady and her boss lady were very friendly, understanding his statements and questions,  and they were very helpful and comforting. The supervisor boss lady would not give him an extension of stay today. But the boss lady talked with us and  she told him not to worry and go to MTT to the K que and he would have no problems and to come back later for his extension of stay. 

I talked with him about the advice on this forum to get the Non O and convert it to a one year extension and he is relieved and feels much better. We need the visa experts on this forum because rules change and it can be tricky to understand all the reporting and visa options. I have learned a lot that I did not know and I have done 90 day reporting and extensions of stay before since 2016. 

He and I are thankful to all involved in helping him resolve his problems and taking the time to answer the questions in this post. Much appreciated to all. You helped a good man today find the right path to getting another extension of stay and living in Thailand legally. ????

Then it is confirmed, and he is a lucky guy ????.

He can keep taking advantage of the 60 day covid extensions until his funds are ready, and then he can apply for a non-o, and finally a yearly extension.

Glad to hear about the positive outcome.

5 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

He can keep taking advantage of the 60 day covid extensions until his funds are ready, and then he can apply for a non-o, and finally a yearly extension.

The 800k baht already in the bank and that is all needs to apply for a 90 day non-o visa entry at immigration. Then it will be in the bank in plenty of time to apply for the extension.

I think immigration checked their records and found that they showed the 90 days along with the stamp so they decided to accept the 90 days he got in error.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/16/2021 at 2:04 PM, Wake Up said:

Went back to CW today with friend. 

Told to come back July 1 with his passport and receipt to get 90 day stamp. Easy easy. ????

Went back to CW with friend on a Wednesday. Got there at 9 am and que number 14. Finish long term extension by 10 am. The officer gave him three pieces of paperwork that he did have to fill out and asked him to draw a map to the hotel where he is living. Took his photo with one of the pieces of paperwork about requirements of money in bank etc… gave him one year extension of stay from the last day of his 90 day Non O visa so he is good until September 2022. 

thanks to all the people here that provided me and my friend good advice. ????

This was an interesting thread, am I am glad it worked out for OP's friend.

However, I have a slight disagreement with some of the poster's who insist that it is the visitor's responsibility to spot an error on a permission-to-stay stamp.

As, all of you have demonstrated, the terms of stay are complicated, and the rules change. 

Besides, the Immo officer at the airport is the ultimate gatekeeper and can deny entry if s/he deems so.

Similarly, it is reasonable for the average visitor to Thailand to assume that the stamp in his/her passport is authoritative. 

I think that is why Immo/CW did not fine the person for overstay -- it is Immo's responsibility to know the rules and stamp the proper permit-to-stay date.

• Like 1