COVID Vaccination Experiences - please post here

Sheryl

To-day is 8 July 

Bang Sue Grand Station Bangkok

77 years / no illness

Astrazeneca

Pre-registration was not required (walk-in for 75+ until 18 July)

Vaccine walk-ins for 75 and up available today-July 18 at Bang Sue Grand Station | Thaiger (thethaiger.com)

Second shot Astrazeneca on 30 September

(for Forum members wanting to try this unaccompanied by a Thai person it is helpful for on site registration to make beforehand a document with all your data in Thai language such as passport data, address, age, weight. length, any kind of medication you take / your entry Gate is nr 1 and it is best to arrive after 15h00 to have parking mostly further than Gate 4)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I had questions, so I'd encourage you to start a separate thread on your adventure!

Yes, would be an interesting thread.  But just to set everyone's mind at rest organized, unincorporated territory of Guam is not in danger of capsizing.  Still the greatest single question and answer moment in a congressional committee meeting ever. ????

Province: Chiang Rai

Date: 25/6/21

Location (name of hospital or other) Overbrook

Are you over 60/chronically ill? (Yes/No) Yes

How did you register? Juristic manager registered all foreigners in the condo

Vaccination received (yes/no) No.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Province: Chiang Rai

Date: 25/6/21

Location (name of hospital or other) Overbrook

How did you register? Juristic manager registered all foreigners in the condo

Identicall atJomtien /Pattaya :

Date :15/17 of May

How did you register? Juristic manager registered all foreigners in the condo (copy I.D. page passport & age , room number, tel. Number 

Not any follow up until now 

copy  of invitation from juristic to register 

Juristic Office invitation registring Covid19.pdf

covid vacc..jpg

Edited by david555

Previously posted:

On 7/1/2021 at 10:16 AM, mayview said:

Province:  Saraburi
Date:  1 July 2021
Location (name of hospital or other): Kaeng Khoi Hospital
Are you over 60/chronically ill? (Yes/No): Yes
How did you register?:  Failed online. Personal contact. Confirmation notification by mail. (Early May)
Vaccination received (yes/no): No
If yes,  Type of vaccine :
If no, Reason not vaccinated:  No vaccine on hand. (Local demand for AZ is approx 30 persons per day according to supervising nurse. )

Update (9 July):

Received call yesterday that vaccination process for previously cancelled appointments to be carried out from 08:30am 9 July.

Province:  Saraburi
Date:  9 July 2021
Location (name of hospital or other): Kaeng Khoi Hospital. [Google Code Plus: H2H6+JV Kaeng Khoi]
Are you over 60/chronically ill? (Yes/No): Over 60
How did you register?:  Failed online. Personal contact. Confirmation notification by mail. (Early May). Mor phrom verification today. Records and follow up documented in Mor Prom "app"
Vaccination received (yes/no): Yes
If yes,  Type of vaccine : Astra Zeneca
If no, Reason not vaccinated: 

Edited by mayview
clarification

23 hours ago, NancyL said:

Province: Chiang Mai

Date: 6 July 2021

Location Hyatt Regency Hotel, Guam

Are you over 60/chronically ill? (Yes/No) Yes

How did you register? Attempted to get an appointment various ways in Chiang Mai: Big C; Wall of Chiang Mai; volunteer group collecting interest in Moderna vaccine

Vaccination received (yes/no) YES

If yes,  Type of vaccine : Johnson & Johnson

Hubby and I don't have yellow book/pink card, yet we are over age 65 and have at least one "chronically ill" problem each. After emailing the CM Health Department and asking when we would receiving a date for an appointment, I received a reply that there are Thai people still waiting to be vaccinated.  When I asked for clarification if this means that Thai people have priority over foreigners of older age and higher health risk, they responded "yes".  That was the final straw.

I forwarded this reply to the U.S. Consulate and Embassy and amazingly had phone calls from both the Acting Ambassador and Consul General.  Based on these phone calls and the risk of the Delta variant in Thailand, I decided it was time to act on my own.  I am now in Guam.  Pleasantly waiting for 14 days to pass until I can return to Thailand.  Guam just reopened the country to anyone who tested negative before entering.  No need to quarantine.  It's a beautiful island.  The entire island is duty-free.  Americans, come here and get your vaccine for free, your choice of vaccine, at the local mall.  Others, there is a nominal charge. 

When I return, Hubby will come to Guam.  Someone had to stay home to take care of the cats.

Thanks for posting this. How did you contact the US embassy? i've been trying through the email address provided in the Acting Ambassador's recent letter, but there's been no reply for 2 weeks.

We hope to Guam or the US one day for vaccinatinos, but we need to wait until Thai work permits and visas are renewed or we'll be up a creek.

On 6/30/2021 at 11:20 AM, bradiston said:

22nd June

Payathai 2 Hospital, Bangkok

Sinovac 1st jab

Thailandintervac

Heart condition

2nd jab 20th July

Well organised, many people, almost exclusively farang, distancing and health checks, very well administered.

Sinovac won't be accepted to arrive in most countries. Good luck 

2 minutes ago, arick said:

Sinovac won't be accepted to arrive in most countries. Good luck 

Not a problem as I've no plans to go anywhere anyway, except maybe other SE Asian destos that I'm sure will accept it, considering they're using it themselves.

12 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Well hello again. Having been refused registration three time now since registration for the vulnerable over 60 foreigners began on the 7th of June; today I was at my local hospital for my routine (three monthly) Diabetic Clinic check up.

The nurse who looks after me asked if I had been vaccinated. I said no and explained that it had been refused as I was a foreigner, She was horrified and phoned up the appropriate department in the hospital, Yes they had AZ available, I was to wait and they would call me forward later that morning. 

An hour later "Nong Noodle" (she mispronounces "needle") came out - she was sorry (genuinely apologetic) but a Ministry of Public Health official had said no!

So it is obviously the case that a definite political policy is being pursued by the government to not vaccinate foreigners, regardless of the (in my case) very specific clinical reasons advanced by the health professionals. I absolutely do not blame the hospitals. I am sure that if I contract Covid 19, they will treat me to the very best of their abilities, until some <deleted> in a paramilitary uniform comes along and says "You get out, you foreigner"!

So much for all the assurances from the Prime Minister downwards. Filthy <deleted> liars the lot of them!

That's outrageous. Medically, at the front of the queue. Politically, at the back. It's an absolute disgrace. Of course, none of this, and there must be 1000s of cases, gets onto the so-called daily CCSA "news briefing" government PR job, viz "er er er so you can see er er er the government is doing everything er er er it can and er all foreigners will er be included er er er". Rubbish!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bradiston said:

That's outrageous. Medically, at the front of the queue. Politically, at the back. It's an absolute disgrace. Of course, none of this, and there must be 1000s of cases, gets onto the so-called daily CCSA "news briefing" government PR job, viz "er er er so you can see er er er the government is doing everything er er er it can and er all foreigners will er be included er er er". Rubbish!

I've kept the British Embassy informed. Everything is passed to an office in London who very clearly neither understand, or give a tuppeny <deleted>!

2 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Well hello again. Having been refused registration three time now since registration for the vulnerable over 60 foreigners began on the 7th of June; today I was at my local hospital for my routine (three monthly) Diabetic Clinic check up.

The nurse who looks after me asked if I had been vaccinated. I said no and explained that it had been refused as I was a foreigner, She was horrified and phoned up the appropriate department in the hospital, Yes they had AZ available, I was to wait and they would call me forward later that morning. 

An hour later "Nong Noodle" (she mispronounces "needle") came out - she was sorry (genuinely apologetic) but a Ministry of Public Health official had said no!

So it is obviously the case that a definite political policy is being pursued by the government to not vaccinate foreigners, regardless of the (in my case) very specific clinical reasons advanced by the health professionals. I absolutely do not blame the hospitals. I am sure that if I contract Covid 19, they will treat me to the very best of their abilities, until some <deleted> in a paramilitary uniform comes along and says "You get out, you foreigner"!

So much for all the assurances from the Prime Minister downwards. Filthy <deleted> liars the lot of them!

Which province is this?

Province: Bangkok

Date: 8 July 2021

Are you over 60/chronically ill? (No/No)

How did you register? My doctor put me on a list which was then registered in Mor Prom.

Vaccination received: Yes

If yes,  Type of vaccine : AZ

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 41632584 said:

Date: 8 July 2021

Are you over 60/chronically ill? (No/No)

How did you register? My doctor put me on a list which was then registered in Mor Prom.

This must be a first. Don't meet any supposedly qualifying criteria, and registered via a list on Mor Prom? Outstanding!

7 hours ago, bradiston said:

This must be a first. Don't meet any supposedly qualifying criteria, and registered via a list on Mor Prom? Outstanding!

i had an appointment too on mor prom registeree via a hospital, and many others i know.

just canceled  it as i got a faster one via thaiintervac. but wasn't hard to find a hospital that registers foreigners there...

Sheryl,

Any overall findings you can share with us?

My neighbor Nigel made in May to get his first vaccine at Hua Hin Hospital on the 9th of July.  I have yet to talk with him.  On 16 and 22 June while getting ear treatment at HHH I asked about registering.  They told my wife and I to use the Intervac web site.  That I did not try.

Terry

( just south of Hua Hin )

• Confused 2

I did two:

Province:  Bangkok

Date: July 15

Location (name of hospital or other)  Phayathai 2

Are you over 60/chronically ill? Yes

How did you register? Website/Form

Vaccination received (yes/no) No

If no, Reason not vaccinated: Vaccine date 27/7

Province:  Bangkok

Date: July 7

Location (name of hospital or other)  Bumrungrad

Are you over 60/chronically ill? Yes

How did you register? Website/Form

Vaccination received (yes/no) No

If yes,  Type of vaccine : Moderna

If no, Reason not vaccinated: Paid 3300b., vaccine date TBA

Date: 18th July 2021 (Sunday)

Are you over 60/chronically ill?: No/No

How did you register?: Using the Australian Embassy link as per their FB/Twitter message issued last Friday evening (16th July). Confirmatory email subsequently received form the Embassy at 11:11AM Saturday for vaccination to occur at SCG Office at 1PM Sunday.

Other Remarks: According to one of the SCG Supervisory staff onsite yesterday this batch of AZ came from last week's donation of 1M doses by the Japanese Govt which came with a condition to share a portion with foreigners resident in Thailand; I arrived there at about midday and was finished by 2:30PM; Was impressed by the efficient process and positive attitude of the Thai staff from SCG and the Health Authorities; No confirmed date for 2nd dose in October was provided however the staff said they will issue the 2nd dose appointment date via SMS during October.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mark5335 said:

Date: 18th July 2021 (Sunday)

Are you over 60/chronically ill?: No/No

How did you register?: Using the Australian Embassy link as per their FB/Twitter message issued last Friday evening (16th July). Confirmatory email subsequently received form the Embassy at 11:11AM Saturday for vaccination to occur at SCG Office at 1PM Sunday.

Other Remarks: According to one of the SCG Supervisory staff onsite yesterday this batch of AZ came from last week's donation of 1M doses by the Japanese Govt which came with a condition to share a portion with foreigners resident in Thailand; I arrived there at about midday and was finished by 2:30PM; Was impressed by the efficient process and positive attitude of the Thai staff from SCG and the Health Authorities; No confirmed date for 2nd dose in October was provided however the staff said they will issue the 2nd dose appointment date via SMS during October.

Were you able to guesstimate how many shots were being given under the embassy scheme?

3 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Were you able to guesstimate how many shots were being given under the embassy scheme?

I estimate there would have been about 300 foreigners being processed whilst I was there, so for the whole today perhaps less than a thousand. Of the other foreigners there it seemed the Japanese were processed before lunch and in the session immediately after lunch I noticed Australians and Canadians mostly. I reckon a cap of 200 per nationality (which mostly seems to comprise Quad/5 Eyes allies of Japan excl. UK) under this scheme.  

• Thanks 2

On 7/8/2021 at 11:15 AM, NancyL said:

Province: Chiang Mai

Date: 6 July 2021

Location Hyatt Regency Hotel, Guam

Are you over 60/chronically ill? (Yes/No) Yes

How did you register? Attempted to get an appointment various ways in Chiang Mai: Big C; Wall of Chiang Mai; volunteer group collecting interest in Moderna vaccine

Vaccination received (yes/no) YES

If yes,  Type of vaccine : Johnson & Johnson

Hubby and I don't have yellow book/pink card, yet we are over age 65 and have at least one "chronically ill" problem each. After emailing the CM Health Department and asking when we would receiving a date for an appointment, I received a reply that there are Thai people still waiting to be vaccinated.  When I asked for clarification if this means that Thai people have priority over foreigners of older age and higher health risk, they responded "yes".  That was the final straw.

I forwarded this reply to the U.S. Consulate and Embassy and amazingly had phone calls from both the Acting Ambassador and Consul General.  Based on these phone calls and the risk of the Delta variant in Thailand, I decided it was time to act on my own.  I am now in Guam.  Pleasantly waiting for 14 days to pass until I can return to Thailand.  Guam just reopened the country to anyone who tested negative before entering.  No need to quarantine.  It's a beautiful island.  The entire island is duty-free.  Americans, come here and get your vaccine for free, your choice of vaccine, at the local mall.  Others, there is a nominal charge. 

When I return, Hubby will come to Guam.  Someone had to stay home to take care of the cats.

NancyL can you let us know about your experience getting a COE.  Thailand seems to be shifting to Sinovac then AZ for vaccinations and if that is true for my appointment in August I would very much consider going to Guam for my vaccination (U.S. citizen).  I went to the COE website and Guam was not in the list of countries to choose so am curious if you have to go through one of the Embassy's in the U.S..

• Like 1

Just now, Scott424 said:

NancyL can you let us know about your experience getting a COE.  Thailand seems to be shifting to Sinovac then AZ for vaccinations and if that is true for my appointment in August I would very much consider going to Guam for my vaccination (U.S. citizen).  I went to the COE website and Guam was not in the list of countries to choose so am curious if you have to go through one of the Embassy's in the U.S..

Guam is a U.S. territory, so I got my COE from the Thai Consulate in Los Angeles.

• Like 2