Twenty two provinces are now white with no Covid cases at all - only four in red

webfact

16 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I couldbe wrong but I think the premis was more people are likely to go and gather etc with alchohol present than they would with soft drinks. Just a theory.

Yup, but is your theory correct, when comparing the number of people, Thais and ex pats, who congregate  in restaurants each day,,  Just go out on any evening and see how many Thais are sat eating and talking in large numbers , whether beer or not is present

So surely, it more a case of if someone in these crowds have the infection, it will be passed on, not matter what they drink

2 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

Yup, but is your theory correct, when comparing the number of people, Thais and ex pats, who congregate  in restaurants each day,,  Just go out on any evening and see how many Thais are sat eating and talking in large numbers , whether beer or not is present

So surely, it more a case of if someone in these crowds have the infection, it will be passed on, not matter what they drink

Restaurants in BKK at least can only have 25% seating arrangements. So a table meant for 4 can only have 1 person. So people are spread out that does not happen in bars. You really don't WANT to get it.

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

Sorry but bars are far worse then any restaurants. Restaurants have to do social distancing and you might catch a few not doing it but in bars it impossible. In short your grabbing at straws. Its far easier to police restaurants then bars in restaurants they can see it right away in bars they cannot.

If their are no infected nobody will get it duh...  but how do you know nobody has it.

As i said before people who drink alcohol are more likely to break social distancing rules then people who drink coke. So the person drinking coke would stay further away keep his mask up more the person on the hard drug alcohol would not care about a thing and be more likely to get it.

You do remember that this wave started in a BAR in Thong Lor. Kinda proves the point.

So again all over the world they close bars as the infection risk is higher but you think that governments all over the world do this just for fun ? You think that you with your incoherent reasoning knows better then all those people in governments ? You think they don't care that people are losing jobs. Ok that is one way to look at it.. looking at it as a victim because you NEED your drink.

Im confused

Where do you live ? Where do you eat out ?

Social distancing is a nice word, that very few Thais seem to follow or even understand

So to use this as an excuse is very feeble, or rather stupid

? How is it higher than the average food stall and buffet restaurant?

If the venue , whatever type it is, has infected people inside, then there is a chance of catching it, but if no infected person inside, then zero chance of catching, even if drunk and dancing on the tables !

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

Restaurants in BKK at least can only have 25% seating arrangements. So a table meant for 4 can only have 1 person. So people are spread out that does not happen in bars. You really don't WANT to get it.

Thanks, not been in Bangkok for a few months

BUT, Bangkok is not Thailand, so this does not apply to the majority of bars and restaurants in Thailand, where social distancing is certainly not followed

Why don't i want to get it, are you saying people like me will die or suffer great harm from this "deadly" virus, or will i be like the possibly millions of others who catch it and suffer a mild flu effect for a few days ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rcuthbert said:

You just crossed the line. TV dose not need such vile retoric. Do yourself a favor by removing it.

The member opined people shouldn't judge the behavior of others...I asked how far this goes. That's crossing a line for you?

57 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

even more amazing is how much more deadly, drinking beer is, compared to drinking coke !

Such a "deadly" virus obviously knows the difference and acts accordingly,

You have it turned around...the virus doesn't act differently...people do. Amazing over a year into the pandemic you still apparently don't understand this.

57 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

still waiting for someone to explain properly how drinking coke in a restaurant is supposed to be safe, yet change the coke to a beer, and suddenly it becomes dangerous ?

Surely, if someone in the restaurant is infected , then its immaterial what you eat or drink ?

Where have you been for a year and a half? You can see my post above and see if the reason is clear. 

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

41 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

You say we have nearly 4,000 deaths a day from Covid, in Thailand ?

Where did he say that? I read he said Thailand has over 4000 CASES a day, not deaths. Although I don't agree where he said covid deaths now outnumber roads deaths,

9 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

So, if all the track and trace from previous infections has been completed and no one else is complaining of Covid symptoms, who should they be testing?

Dragging random people off the street? 

Going into people homes who have been self isolating and demanding that they report to their local hospital immediately for testing?

Have you been tested and if not why not? 

Because the excuse "I haven't mixed with any known infected people and I feel fine" is clearly no excuse at all...

I think they should be testing workers in every factory and construction site that has more than 50 workers for a start. I’d say prisons, but surely they must have all started testing by now.

10 hours ago, Crossy said:

Meanwhile ...

Does this mean that pretty well all of the new cases are in the 4 Red Zones?

That pic reminds me of the Govt  hospital, waiting in line for my name to be called ! I call it musical chairs !  The nurses will be making everyone move up in the chairs, according to who's next in line !

Edited by riclag

1 hour ago, Joinaman said:

still waiting for someone to explain properly how drinking coke in a restaurant is supposed to be safe, yet change the coke to a beer, and suddenly it becomes dangerous ?

Surely, if someone in the restaurant is infected , then its immaterial what you eat or drink ?

I think the issue may be that if restaurants can serve alcohol, suddenly bars become “restaurants” with minimal food offerings, but plenty of alcohol, which then causes a lack of social distancing.

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

You have it turned around...the virus doesn't act differently...people do. Amazing over a year into the pandemic you still apparently don't understand this.

But you still have not answered the question

No matter what people do in the bar/restaurant, how will drinking beer instead of coke, increase the chances of catching the virus 

If the infection is there in the venue, will sitting in a group drinking coke, instead of beer reduce the chances of catching it ?

Amazing, still not able to answer other than stating people act differently

4 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

I think the issue may be that if restaurants can serve alcohol, suddenly bars become “restaurants” with minimal food offerings, but plenty of alcohol, which then causes a lack of social distancing.

Yes, if only if the restaurant enforces social distancing, which the majority out of the tourist area do not 

but if the restaurant already enforces social distancing, how will the change in drinks cause more deaths and infections ?

and if it does not enforce social distancing, how will the change of drinks cause more deaths and infections ?

28 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

Where did he say that? I read he said Thailand has over 4000 CASES a day, not deaths. Although I don't agree where he said covid deaths now outnumber roads deaths,

so why state the cases, when he is quoting the death count. Why not give us the true death figures from the virus compared to road deaths 

The number of cases does not correlate to the number of deaths from the virus

1 minute ago, Joinaman said:

so why state the cases, when he is quoting the death count. Why not give us the true death figures from the virus compared to road deaths 

The number of cases does not correlate to the number of deaths from the virus

Don't care about what compared to what I am just saying you said he said 4000 deaths a day thailand. He did not.

4 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

Don't care about what compared to what I am just saying you said he said 4000 deaths a day thailand. He did not.

ok my bad

i read it, but didnt think he was so silly to use the "cases" instead of actual death , which made his post rather pointless

9 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Not much exponential spread.

They raise exponential test capacity, reason all look nice...... 

One poker player nick name is "DuckMySick" Thai goverment can chance "first" letters like they want.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

Amazing, still not able to answer other than stating people act differently

I was giving you a chance to impress with your thinking skills...unfortunately you didn't impress. What is the effect on most people after 3-4 beers or glasses of wine in a restaurant, bar, or nightclub setting vs. a similar amount of Coke?

9 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

Yes, if only if the restaurant enforces social distancing, which the majority out of the tourist area do not 

but if the restaurant already enforces social distancing, how will the change in drinks cause more deaths and infections ?

and if it does not enforce social distancing, how will the change of drinks cause more deaths and infections ?

Clearly changing a single drink does not change the chance of infection. So let’s get over that point and move on.

the second issue to move past is the one that restaurants don’t practice social distancing anyway. Well, they should. And the rule should be enforced. Just because people break one rule does not justify getting rid of all rules.

as has been pointed out, people who have more than a single drink behave differently. Whilst you may innocently have a beer or two with a meal, there are those who will treat the restaurant as though it were a bar, get drunk and ignore social distancing.

and then there is the point that I made. Authorities know from experience in the early lockdown that bars who are desperate for any kind of income, will be a bar with all the issues that implies vis a vis social distancing, but circumvent the rules by offering finger food or some snacks.

I am not saying that the rule barring restaurants from serving alcohol is right, but you asked why they can’t and these are some of the reasons. 

feel free to say they are clap trap, they aren’t my rules and I have no axe to grind either way. But you asked for an explanation and you got one.

• Like 1

Just now, Pattaya Spotter said:

I was giving you a chance to impress with your thinking skills...unfortunately you didn't impress. What is the effect on most people after 3-4 beers or glasses of wine in a restaurant, bar, or nightclub setting vs. a similar amount of Coke?

sorry . still no answer from you , maybe your thinking skill need improving too

i will repeat the very difficult question for your

how will having fun, laughing, joking, and even arguing, increase your chances of catching the virus, if the virus is not present in the venue

and if it is present, how will sitting quietly with a soft drink, prevent you from catching the virus ?

either way, your sitting without a mask, in groups close together , talking and laughing, so how does this increase, or prevent catching the virus ?

2 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Clearly changing a single drink does not change the chance of infection. So let’s get over that point and move on.

the second issue to move past is the one that restaurants don’t practice social distancing anyway. Well, they should. And the rule should be enforced. Just because people break one rule does not justify getting rid of all rules.

as has been pointed out, people who have more than a single drink behave differently. Whilst you may innocently have a beer or two with a meal, there are those who will treat the restaurant as though it were a bar, get drunk and ignore social distancing.

and then there is the point that I made. Authorities know from experience in the early lockdown that bars who are desperate for any kind of income, will be a bar with all the issues that implies vis a vis social distancing, but circumvent the rules by offering finger food or some snacks.

I am not saying that the rule barring restaurants from serving alcohol is right, but you asked why they can’t and these are some of the reasons. 

feel free to say they are clap trap, they aren’t my rules and I have no axe to grind either way. But you asked for an explanation and you got one.

Thanks 

But unless you fully enforce things like social distancing, which would be very difficult and costly to both police and owners

But we all know social distancing is just nice words that Thais ignore, just go to any supermarket, Makro, restaurant, etc and see how they distance , so to use this as a reason, is a bit futile 

So the word that keep springing up as a reason, is social distancing, nothing else

Even though we have almost no social distancing in the majority of buildings , which people seem to accept, 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joinaman said:

sorry . still no answer from you , maybe your thinking skill need improving too

i will repeat the very difficult question for your

how will having fun, laughing, joking, and even arguing, increase your chances of catching the virus, if the virus is not present in the venue

and if it is present, how will sitting quietly with a soft drink, prevent you from catching the virus ?

either way, your sitting without a mask, in groups close together , talking and laughing, so how does this increase, or prevent catching the virus ?

Generally, people's boisterous behavior rises in direct proportion to their alcohol intake. Keeping in mind that masks are also not being worn, the risk of passing the virus is therefore greater if ????consumption is allowed than if it is not.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

Thanks 

But unless you fully enforce things like social distancing, which would be very difficult and costly to both police and owners

But we all know social distancing is just nice words that Thais ignore, just go to any supermarket, Makro, restaurant, etc and see how they distance , so to use this as a reason, is a bit futile 

So the word that keep springing up as a reason, is social distancing, nothing else

Even though we have almost no social distancing in the majority of buildings , which people seem to accept, 

I couldn’t agree more that some Covid restrictions are simply paying lip service. Not least the temperature machines at 7-11, supermarkets etc etc......isn’t the concept of asymptomatic spread clear by now?

but it is what it is ????‍♂️

Edited by wensiensheng

3 hours ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

All of Esaan is white or green hmm hard to believe

Not hard to believe at all. In fact, from my perspective it is expected. Low population density, very rural where people do not move around very much. And if people don't move, neither does the virus.

I've been living here all the way through the pandemic and not once have I been concerned about Covid. It's something that's happening on another continent.

10 hours ago, mtls2005 said:
  10 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Saraburi between 11 -50 ? With HUNDREDS announced  in the CP factory alone ? Its a farce as usual.

This is not so far from us , Gang -Koy ,the talk of this area today ,a chicken factory ,10 days ago  our province Lopburi had no recorded cases ,then 3 day later 30 cases .

We have 4  factories in this area like the CP one 3 chicken and one pig ,plus a big electronics factory, most people are just waiting .and waiting ,for it to happen . 

13 hours ago, webfact said:

Red -

Orange -

Yellow:

Green:

White:

More colours than a bleeding Rubik's cube .. and proving just as difficult to crack I suspect ..

13 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Not hard to believe at all. In fact, from my perspective it is expected. Low population density, very rural where people do not move around very much. And if people don't move, neither does the virus.

I've been living here all the way through the pandemic and not once have I been concerned about Covid. It's something that's happening on another continent.

How many millions of people arrived from BKK  during songkran?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, mrmicbkktxl said:
14 hours ago, Moonlover said:

1 hour ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

How many millions of people arrived from BKK  during songkran?

Well I can't answer that any more than you can, but I do know that post Songkran 'surge' resulted in just 126 Covid cases in Sakon Nakhon province. Hardly a tsunami was it.