Foreigners stranded in Thailand due to COVID-19 can now stay until end of September

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

Out of curiosity does the official document actually translate as stranded? Or does original poster intentionally use the word stranded (every time) to fuel the fury ????

I think it's   to cause drama, they know it will  wind up all the disgruntled bitter old guys.  ???? .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, itsari said:

Personally I believe they need who ever it is to spend money in Thailand hence the availability of the 60 day extensions . Do you think the Thai government and Thai Immigration are that gullible ? 

I've spent nigh on 500,000 baht since I've been here since Jan,  while no great shakes I feel I'm well within reason to get a couple more months on the easier route of the covid extensions.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Seems at least  a month too short to me - If airlines like BA don't get up and running and more mass flights dont start to be planned by airlines until October, then leaving end September seems nonsense

Thai airways and EVA are running flights to London now , quite cheap too.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Because if you hadn't noticed they've made thousands of poor decisions with huge negative consequences during the same timeframe. 

Anything else I can help you with?

Non sequitur.....

Doubt you can even help yourself!

2 hours ago, nchuckle said:

Because these are exceptional times and by spending they can’t cost Thailand anything 

There are options, but while the Covid extensions are available I do not decry anyone from making use of them. 

• Like 1

To be fair, I do not know of any Aussies or Brits that are actually "stuck in Thailand.

The Thai Airways repat flights got them home to Sydney for example & the Embassy did a great job with Thai in doing so,

Any Brit can leave within the week now.

I do know of 3 Aussies that want to go home but only for a month or 2 so they have stayed due to being concerned  that they cannot return 

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

In a widely expected move, the Thai Immigration Bureau has announced that foreigners who are still stranded in Thailand due to the COVID-19 situation can remain in the country until at least late September.

Picture of man in Thailand being granted his 356 extension of stay due to Covid.

image.png.dfba68eaaed2187da259e700476680fe.png

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Blumpie said:

If I was in Thailand right now I"d considering getting out because I'd be worried about the health care system potentially crashing.  Luckily I"m usually wrong and hope so in this case.  

Completely wrong No problem in Thailand if you follow the rules. Keep you distance, wash hand. Wear a mask in public . I go to the local outdoor market 3times a wk. Every one there have masks on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Are there people stranded after more than 1 year? 

yes ! because it's easier and cheaper than any other visa ! and I do not have to show my rear hole to some idiots in uniform that would come to check if I really live where I said (which I don't).

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, l4ml4m said:

yes ! because it's easier and cheaper than any other visa ! and I do not have to show my rear hole to some idiots in uniform that would come to check if I really live where I said (which I don't).

Why would you have to show anyone your rear hole ?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Why would you have to show anyone your rear hole ?

This is what all people who accept to have any cop or any official to visit them at home do !

never these rats will be allowed anywhere near me !

I have a face !

Edited by l4ml4m
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, l4ml4m said:

This is what all people who accept to have any cop or any official to visit them at home do !

never these rats will be allowed anywhere near me !

I have a face !

An option would be to show your rear face.. ????????

1 hour ago, chrisbangkok said:

Thai airways , 15500 baht one way bkk direct to London . EVA air bkk to London direct . 

Just need the 10 Day quarentine and the 3 covid tests to end and I can start packing, first flight available is the 12 th June, would of put me on overstay if I hadn't got the extension..

3 hours ago, lanng khao said:

I only stay here 6 months a year, I've been here since January, done the quarentine, I don't want to take 3 covid tests and quarantine in England for 10 days , if you travel through a red zone country its in a hotel, not doing that again, so that's why I'm staying here for the time being, il call it stranded, up to you boys how you construe it.

There you go.....Germany is not a red zone listed country. Enjoy your flight ????

Screenshot_20210601-134229_Skyscanner.jpg

18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Excellent.... 

But why oh why couldn’t Immigration have made this simple decision 12 months ago and removed a significant degree of hassle and stress.

Maybe because 12 months ago they had no clue for how long people are restricted to travel back home?