Foreigners stranded in Thailand due to COVID-19 can now stay until end of September

snoop1130

19 hours ago, Blumpie said:

If I was in Thailand right now I"d considering getting out because I'd be worried about the health care system potentially crashing.  Luckily I"m usually wrong and hope so in this case.  

You're not up to date, but that's understandable, there's a lot of news to address (the plastic pellet spill; Russia; will there be an Olympics...) Anyway, the General assured everybody this week that everything is bang on track to complete nationwide vaccinations by the end of the year. Hospital staff will soon need to combat surging boredom. Luckily, they're equipped for that eventuality with reliable tools such as Candy Crush Saga, Lazada and Shopee.

5 minutes ago, aboctok said:

Anyway, the General assured everybody this week that everything is bang on track to complete nationwide vaccinations by the end of the year

I thought now it was to complete 70% off first injections, or some lesser goal?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

What countries do not have non direct flights to them ?

Then that would be me doing your homework  for you.  Its not as easy as you think and there are hurdles.   Sometimes  its not the people wanting to leave but the people attempting  to return that cant.

12 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

then leaving end September seems nonsense

September ,  what year ?. 

Not this year , sure ..

• Like 1

I leave Thailand last November to plan get back as fast as i can. Have get my first jab(Pfizer) next i get in August. I think all who can stay in Thailand whit these really easy visa options are lucky. Im under 50 and not leagaly married whit Thai "wife" so before covid every my visa things has be playing whit the rules. Before sht fly in fan all was great, 2 to 4 month in Thailand then 1 to 2 month Finland . Now all is mess up. Cant plan tomorrow or even next month. And time flyes, start to think other options in life also! Like: is that live in Thailand what i want or is there greener grass in other place! Have been married whit Filipina and have son whit her also have still many friend in there. Also intrested to watch Vietnam and other place! Im not planner but covid thing get me to be one! Do i chance really good 40 years old woman to 2 pcs 20 years old? Hmmm... need think.... easy chance if cost same!

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Anyway, people are staying because the Thai Govt decided it was in the best interest of Thailand to allow this. Perhaps you should raise it with them if it bothers you so much.

"because the Thai Govt decided it was in the best interest of Thailand" 555x100 Or they just didn't have a contingency plane as most of the world did not.

And if you a number for the PM or King that can be reached while overseas I will contact them directly next time. As the Thai Embassies were almost impossible to reach.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, itsari said:

Personally I believe they need who ever it is to spend money in Thailand hence the availability of the 60 day extensions . Do you think the Thai government and Thai Immigration are that gullible ? 

Are you kidding? What do you think? And gullible is not the right word.

2 hours ago, lanng khao said:

Just need the 10 Day quarentine and the 3 covid tests to end and I can start packing, first flight available is the 12 th June, would of put me on overstay if I hadn't got the extension..

10 day isolation at place you stay self covid test day 2 and 8 then free ... not too difficult I would suggest . 

52 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Yea, they're 'gaming the system'.....like retirees, those married to Thais, those working, etc.

Nobody is gaming anything. Thai Govt makes the rules, and people abide by those rules, whether retired, married, working or staying---as allowed---during the pandemic.

As for that paltry 800,000 baht, that is meaningless as it merely sits (or might be part of a loan...big deal). Those 'stranded' are paying rent or a hotel, eating meals, using transportation, probably buying some clothes, etc. Since anyone still here after 15 months is likely pretty flush, they are probably spending a multiple of what the typical retired pensioner is spending.

I was one of those who gladly accepted the generosity of the Thai Govt and stayed in country. Eventually I came across an attractive business opportunity and bought a company, bringing new capital into Thailand, and of course changing my visa status. I now employ numerous Thai workers and I spend a goodly sum of money buying the inputs for what my company produces.

Anyway, people are staying because the Thai Govt decided it was in the best interest of Thailand to allow this. Perhaps you should raise it with them if it bothers you so much.

Get over it. It shouldn't make a bit of difference to you.

Great post,, il just stay on these covid extensions now until their finished then move on to the 20 year Thai elite visa. 

4 hours ago, AquaThai said:

Not everyone  lives in UK and not all are direct flights,  thus stranding passengers. 

I was replying to someone asking about a direct flight bkk to London chum , Thai and EVA ... If the question had been direct flight to Timbuktu I would not of commented but hey thanks for your input .

1 minute ago, chrisbangkok said:

10 day isolation at place you stay self covid test day 2 and 8 then free ... not too difficult I would suggest . 

Ano what your saying but I had a bit of a nightmare getting here in Jan , passport got lost with visa, and a few other things, nearly got refused boarding over fit2 fly, so I just want a easy route back home.

Just now, lanng khao said:

Ano what your saying but I had a bit of a nightmare getting here in Jan , passport got lost with visa, and a few other things, nearly got refused boarding over fit2 fly, so I just want a easy route back home.

Fair enough , not sure when Thai will be on uk green list again though so it'll be self isolation for a few months yet i guess .Cheers

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jimn said:

Yes I have what is hard about about it?

Jim some people sail through things like that, I struggled to be honest had a few things go wrong,and I was only five months ago, couldn't even be bothered going to Bangkok 3 days before flight and getting another covid test, my god they go deep, one of the probes I had done in quarentine the tip came out brown...

1 hour ago, AquaThai said:

Then that would be me doing your homework  for you.  Its not as easy as you think and there are hurdles.   Sometimes  its not the people wanting to leave but the people attempting  to return that cant.

Not doing any work for me as I don't believe there is any countries not accepting international flights.

23 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Not doing any work for me as I don't believe there is any countries not accepting international flights.

Its not exactly flight ban, which there are 243 countries that have travel bans, bit the hardships that come along with it even for native born citizens  to their respective countries.  The Covid visa extension and its implied hardships are the reason  for continuing extensions.  Though there are still countries that do not have direct flights, its reasons other than flights,( Open your mind and see the bigger picture. ) shall I educate you further or have you opened  your mind as to why there is still a need for Covid extensions,  or do you still think its only about air travel?

• Like 1

At Jomtien today the Wuflu extensions were queuing in the car park with everyone else crammed into the waiting room. Quite a long queue but it moved fairly quickly once lunch was over. Crowding in the waiting room is still a Wuflu risk. Not much social distancing although they did check temperatures on entry and plenty of hand sanitizer available.

11 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Why does this upset you so much?

Is this what they mean by "misery loves company"? Where because you had to suffer that you want everyone else to suffer?

As long as they are doing no harm to anyone, why should they not enjoy their stay here?

Can the steadfast retiree not coexist with the accidental tourist?

Many that you mention can not co-exist with them selves . I do believe many of the retires that abode here in Thailand  are retired  government employees that have little realization on how the other half live . 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, 10baht said:

My apologies to those like you, who are not what I am talking about ... unless you claim to be "stranded" or have a 2nd family back home. ????

Please explain who you are talking about ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 10baht said:

"because the Thai Govt decided it was in the best interest of Thailand" 555x100 Or they just didn't have a contingency plane as most of the world did not.

And if you a number for the PM or King that can be reached while overseas I will contact them directly next time. As the Thai Embassies were almost impossible to reach.

Not Available  ....

Try their overseas , contact number .

Please be patient , lines are over loaded . Kap ..

29 minutes ago, itsari said:

Many that you mention can not co-exist with them selves . I do believe many of the retires that abode here in Thailand  are retired  government employees that have little realization on how the other half live . 

Correct .

Those type .  I  have had the miss fortune to meet .. 

Best avoided ....

Kindlers , not spenders ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SamSF said:

Today's Circular Firing Squad, as presented on ThaiVisa, brought to you by the Thai Government. Thanks for participating, loads of laughs.

That said . 

Not much watching on Netfix , @ the mo .

American  <deleted> . 

Back to You Tube . Corrie latest ...

Enjoy your evening ..555

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, 10baht said:

This so much BS , not so much on the government's side but there is no way anyone couldn't have gotten out of Thailand by now. These "foreigners who are still stranded in Thailand" are milking the system and not meeting the requirements , like ins. and 800k baht in the bank.  The real contributors to Thailand are the stead fast retirees. When will the Thai gov't understand that? I guess when we leave.

I am almost sure that you are one of these Cheap Charlies, spending their last penny for the insurance and the 800k. Surviving on the 15 baht rice portion and bar fining the rice farmers daughters from the Coconut Bar. I understand your jealousy, take another 7/11 leo, cheers.