Chiang Mai Central Prison attains herd immunity

snoop1130

5ddfd06304d9b948168e4a8d51dc42bd_small.jpg

CHIANG MAI (NNT) - Authorities have implemented a ’bubble and seal’ measure to help limit the spread of COVID-19 at Chiang Mai Central Prison in Chiang Mai province. The facility has now achieved herd immunity, with 95 percent of the inmates now immune to the virus. The Department of Corrections is to supervise the prison as usual.

Governor of Chiang Mai, Charoenrit Sanguansat, thanked all sides for their support in terms of medical equipment, personnel and other assistance. He also expressed gratitude to His Majesty King Maha Vajiralongkorn Phra Vajiraklaochaoyuhua, who bestowed medical equipment under the Happiness Corrections project on Chiang Mai Central Prison, to stem the spread of COVID-19 in the facility and to prevent the disease from spreading to nearby communities. Thanks to the establishment of a field hospital inside Chiang Mai Central Prison and efforts to treat patients using green chiretta and favipiravir, 95 percent of the inmates are now immune to COVID-19. Some 6,000 inmates received moral support and thanked all involved for their aid.

Mae Taeng District Chief, Atthawut Phuengniam, said today that Mae Taeng district of Chiang Mai has carried out disease-control measures by quarantining inmates who have just been released, to prevent an outbreak in their communities.

Currently, the quarantine facility is accommodating six individuals who are newly discharged from the prison. The people who have just been released are cooperating well and following disease-control measures, to prevent the spread of COVID-19 to other areas.

nnt.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2021-05-31

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The facility has now achieved herd immunity, with 95 percent of the inmates now immune to the virus

Surely this is false information, to my knowledge no-one is immune otherwise people would not be getting re-infected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, smedly said:

I suggest watching Dr John Campbell video update from Sunday - very informative 

I suggest you don't believe everything you see or hear on the internet or news.

As for Chiang Mai prisons, everyone will catch COVID, 0.15% will die from it.

It doesn't seem that big a deal to me.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I suggest you don't believe everything you see or hear on the internet or news.

As for Chiang Mai prisons, everyone will catch COVID, 0.15% will die from it.

It doesn't seem that big a deal to me.

....unless you are in that 0.15%, or incarcerated in Chiang Mai prison for political reasons, libel or laissez faire, of course. Survival rates depend on initial viral load, aka crowding living conditions, rapid hospitalizations and standard of care,  and of general health and nutrition.

Say no more.

Edited by Card
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

’bubble and seal’

Yum, cabbage, potatoes and what, do they use baby seal?

The facility has now achieved herd immunity, with 95 percent of the inmates now immune to the virus.

Rarely am I flummoxed...

2 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

I asked if you knew anyone re-infected?

You don't know the CDC, or anyone working for it.

If COVID is as serious as suggested by the media (including ThaiVISA).

How come nobody on this forum knows anyone who has had it?

(Why is always a story about a friend or relative in a distant country that gets posted?)

How come nobody on this forum has had COVID (except for me, but I didn't have the test, so I couldn't have had it either)?

How come none of us are suffering from long-COVID, or been hospitalised with COVID, or caught COVID twice?

Why do the old guys frightened of death need to post random links just as you have done?

Which avoid any answering of the posted question ....... why haven't we all had COVID?

As for the prisoners with COVID, 6000 prisoners,  death rate 0.15% = 9 deaths

Edited by BritManToo
  • Sad 1

efforts to treat patients using green chiretta and favipiravir, 95 percent of the inmates are now immune to COVID-19. Some 6,000 inmates received moral support and thanked all involved for their aid.

De-flummoxed.

So multiply this by this by 10,000 and problem solved for the country.

With a dash of green chiretta and pinch of favipiravir, who needs a vaccine.

Now how can we infect 60 million people quickly? Nothing a committee or three can't solve.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mjakob007 said:

hang on

now this might be an alternative solution, given the non-availability of vaccines...

population can take turns to stay at the prison 2 weeks at a go and achieve herd immunity..

Your'e right, TAT should run with this immediately

1 minute ago, mtls2005 said:

De-flummoxed.

So multiply this by this by 10,000 and problem solved for the country.

With a dash of green chiretta and pinch of favipiravir, who needs a vaccine.

Now how can we infect 60 million people quickly? Nothing a committee or three can't solve.

Let them travel at SongKran and never worry about any testing. Nature will take care of itself.

2 hours ago, Card said:

....unless you are in that 0.15%, or incarcerated in Chiang Mai prison for political reasons, libel or laissez faire, of course. Survival rates depend on initial viral load, aka crowding living conditions, rapid hospitalizations and standard of care,  and of general health and nutrition.

Say no more.

If you are in the 0.15 percent you have no need to worry further.

aka , I had to google that one . aka is often used by police departments google informed.

The esteemed governor should be prosecuted under the latest fake news legislation. These two so called treatments are nothing to do with building immunity, they merely moderate some of the effects of infection. This is a patent attempt at misleading the population and creating a wholly inaccurate understanding of the roles of the medications. Nothing kess than government sponsored Fake News.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

How come nobody on this forum knows anyone who has had it?

In Thailand;

5 of my neighbors, in a neighborhood of 40 homes,  had it. One a teacher who's student was the child of one of Chonburi's COVID deaths. 

In the US;

My son, my brother, my sister in law, 3 nieces, and 1 nefew had it. My cousin's father in law, another cousin's brother, my mother's cousin, and my best friend's mother died from it.

Edited by ftpjtm
  • Thanks 1