does reduction in utility bills apply to condos?

Wardp

Yes definitely applies to condo, people have been receiving the PEA discount often capped at April units if usage greater. Not easy to see, look carefully.

As for water, 10% was promised, nothing has been passed on for me, it's possible the condo office hasn't bothered to pass on if they've received it

Edited by scubascuba3

So does this.mean that landlords in condo blocks which all have separate meters are receiving the discount and not passing it on to the tenants or they are not receiving the discount on the condo electricity bills?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mell said:

So does this.mean that landlords in condo blocks which all have separate meters are receiving the discount and not passing it on to the tenants or they are not receiving the discount on the condo electricity bills?

My tenant pays for it monthly from the bill in my letterbox however what thai landlords do is another matter 

Renters should always request a one month deposit only and pay the bills direct.. Or move on plenty of condos to choose 

3 hours ago, mell said:

In every Condo I've stayed I got the bill from MEA/PEA (in the landlord's name) and paid it directly, thus would benefit from such discounts.

I think it's uncommon that it's handled different from that for electricity.

Regarding the current promotion, I stay in a Condo, my landlord is a foreigner, I got the discount.

Edited by jackdd

9 hours ago, Crossy said:

If you are receiving your bill directly from MEA/PEA then you should be receiving the discount. It's marked on the bill as a reduction in units payable.

If the bill is via a landlord or condo association then probably not.

Our last bill, 1103 units used 1004 units charged for.

Image00001.jpg.11b284ab0495e2c74301382e2

Thanks for the explanation.  On that basis, my last bill was 935 units, reduced to 618, condo owner here.  Nice.

On 6/2/2021 at 9:54 AM, Crossy said:

The rules for getting the discount are somewhat unfair leading to some users actually getting no discount at all (if your April usage was more than May you get no discount) :-

• Users under 150 units get 90 units free.
  • Users 150-500 units get capped at the April bill unless usage is less than April when you just pay for usage.
  • Users 500-1000 units get a discount of 50% of the difference April-May  i.e (May-April)*0.5 discount unless usage is less than April when you just pay for usage.
  • Users >1000 units get a discount of 30% of the difference April-May  i.e (May-April)*0.3 discount unless usage is less than April when you just pay for usage.

For June bills it's still April that's the reference / cap.

Yes, very confusing indeed. On 1 bill I used 306Us and charged 209Us. On the other one 241Us and no mention of any discount??? 2 bills because double condo. 

27 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

Yes, very confusing indeed. On 1 bill I used 306Us and charged 209Us. On the other one 241Us and no mention of any discount??? 2 bills because double condo. 

It depends upon what each bill was for April.

Just now, jomtienisgood said:

Sorry but don't understand....Both bills for the same month..

In May and June there is a discount in place, the discount you get depends upon your consumption for April.

So you need to check what the consumption for each meter was for April, you can then work out whether a discount should have been applied.

My earlier post has details of how to work out your discount if one is due.

10 minutes ago, Crossy said:

In May and June there is a discount in place, the discount you get depends upon your consumption for April.

So you need to check what the consumption for each meter was for April, you can then work out whether a discount should have been applied.

My earlier post has details of how to work out your discount if one is due.

I'll look into that.