Thailand reports 3,886 new COVID-19 cases, 39 new deaths

webfact

47 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Exactly. I am just as likely to get a dose of C19 at a wet market or a pharmacy as I am sitting at an outdoor bar having a beer or sitting at a restaurant eating. 

If I didn't know any better I would think these restrictions are being forced on us by the ultra-conservative Buddhist loonies.

you are mixing up necessities with leasure but I get your point

Edited by smedly
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

It ain't getting any better that's for sure, and I don't see Thais changing their habits to try and prevent it.

Sure they are wearing masks, using gels and using the digital thermometers at the 7/11 as has been the case for over a year but there's little social distancing I can see; wet markets and other markets are still mobbed especially on the weekends.

And lets not even start with the Somtam get together.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Excel said:

You were told this and the forecast for increasing cases  many weeks ago yet you came back with some preposterous answers that earned you some ridicule.   Now it seems the penny has finally dropped and you finally are beginning to see the troubling upward trend with almost zero practical responses from this corrupt ad incompetent government.  Let's hope we are all wrong, but it's a big hope.   

Your hope regarding herd immunity is pie in the sky hopes too based on opinion of virologists and behavioural professionals with the rapidly developing variants and human complacency creeping in with the thinking now that herd immunity is almost unattainable which leaves vaccines, and their ongoing tweaking , to be the only solution. Unfortunately Thailand due to corruption, incompetence and other factors are light years away from achieving that nationwide ,   indeed if they ever wanted to that is.

Vaccination is a path to herd immunity.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, WhatsNext said:

To put things in perspective a little bit, date from causes of death in Thailand for the year 2018, before covid

"According to the latest WHO data published in 2018 Influenza and Pneumonia Deaths in Thailand reached 44,549 or 9.11% of total deaths. The age adjusted Death Rate is 47.82 per 100,000 of population ranks Thailand #70 in the world. Review other causes of death by clicking the links below or choose the full health profile."

This is data from the WHO. 44.549 deaths in that year due to influenza (!), we are far, far away from that number with Covid. Hysteria and madness for reasons unknown.

The problem with that statistic is that pneumonia may not be a result of the flu. For example, death by drowning is pneumonia, as well. Lung cancer may cause the lungs to fill with fluid, as another example.

32 minutes ago, WhatsNext said:

To put things in perspective a little bit, date from causes of death in Thailand for the year 2018, before covid

"According to the latest WHO data published in 2018 Influenza and Pneumonia Deaths in Thailand reached 44,549 or 9.11% of total deaths. The age adjusted Death Rate is 47.82 per 100,000 of population ranks Thailand #70 in the world. Review other causes of death by clicking the links below or choose the full health profile."

This is data from the WHO. 44.549 deaths in that year due to influenza (!), we are far, far away from that number with Covid. Hysteria and madness for reasons unknown.

Oh wow, can't imagine that those very restrictions prompted by "hysteria and madness" have something to do with the COVID death rate being so low.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Excel said:

You were told this and the forecast for increasing cases  many weeks ago yet you came back with some preposterous answers that earned you some ridicule.   Now it seems the penny has finally dropped and you finally are beginning to see the troubling upward trend with almost zero practical responses from this corrupt ad incompetent government.  Let's hope we are all wrong, but it's a big hope.   

Your hope regarding herd immunity is pie in the sky hopes too based on opinion of virologists and behavioural professionals with the rapidly developing variants and human complacency creeping in with the thinking now that herd immunity is almost unattainable which leaves vaccines, and their ongoing tweaking , to be the only solution. Unfortunately Thailand due to corruption, incompetence and other factors are light years away from achieving that nationwide ,   indeed if they ever wanted to that is.

I was told this even when the numbers were flatlined.

Maybe next week, infections will go down. I am just saying that the current recent trend is troubling, but I am not saying it can’t be turned around.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

Vaccination is a path to herd immunity.

Go back, do not pass go, do not collect £200 and read what I wrote. No wait, you didn't want to so here just for you  - "behavioural professionals with the rapidly developing variants and human complacency creeping in"  

Recent surveys indicate that less than 62% will want to be vaccinated here for fear of the vaccine rightly or wrongly. Also with complacency many will simply not bother either.  So there you have it herd  immunity is an unattainable "pie in the sky".  Of course mandatory vaccinations could be a tool but so could a deliberate " health genocide" by deliberately allowing the virus to run rampart in the communities that you wish did not exist. However those two extreme options would never be allowed to manifest itself in this country or would it ?

52 minutes ago, smedly said:

I know this is impossible .......but

What if tomorrow they tested every person in Thailand - how many would test positive

it is an interesting thought provoking question

It is never going to happen so why waste all that energy even thinking about it.

22 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

For example, death by drowning is pneumonia, as well.

Pretty sure this statement is a new winner of the cake!It could be considered disinformation by some.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Paiman said:

If I test 1 million men for pregnancy with a test that has an error rate of 0,005%, I will get 5000 pregnant men. Just Mathematics.

But everybody knows men can not give birth to babies.

I am concerned about the men, which as result of the test, will ask for a prescription of the contraceptive pill.

Just saying......Start your ranting.

No. Following your logic, the 5000 false positives require re-testing, with the result that the issue goes away.

• Like 2

Just now, Danderman123 said:

PCR tests are extremely reliable.

The Denier Lie Factory has misinformed you. If you disagree, please explain why virtually everyone who dies of Covid has previously tested positive in a PCR test. You think that healthy people get a positive test, and then uniformly die in a hospital 3 weeks later?

Why is it that PCR testing can identify hotspots of infection? Are those hotspots really just false positives?

Everyone who has ever died in the world will have undertaken some form of physical activity whilst alive. That does not mean that physical activity is a killer though.

Vaccinations in #Thailand since 28 February: 1st dose - Sinovac 2,618,013 & AstraZeneca 120,276 2nd dose - Sinovac 1,209,693 & AstraZeneca 11,374 Yesterday, 146,917 people received their 1st dose & 58,721 received their 2nd dose. Please note, AstraZeneca has run out.

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1400303079732379648

• Like 1

Infographic above

Chonburi Covid -19 cases rise to 46 confirmed and new infections including Pattaya and Si Racha timeline

The Chonburi Department of Public Health announced 46 new and confirmed cases of Covid-19 today, June 3rd, mostly driven by clusters at factories and migrant worker camps.

This makes a total of 4,791 cases of Covid-19 in the current round of infections, with 984 people still under medical care and with a total of 28 recorded deaths in Chonburi since the start of this recent round of infections in early April.

Additionally, 3,779 people in total have now been released from medical care and fully recovered since this current wave began. 40 people were released yesterday.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/03/chonburi-covid-19-cases-rise-to-46-confirmed-and-new-infections-including-pattaya-and-si-racha-timeline/

Why a struggling restaurateur sees no hope for any state help

“This year, I don’t know why we fight, it will not make a difference. We have been making sacrifices for a whole year already. This is not ‘back to zero,’ this is worse than last time,” said the owner of CHU, a very popular eatery in the heart of Bangkok, which finally decided to close down for good, after providing over a decade of service.

CHU was the first thing people would see when coming off the Sky Train, heading to the Exchange Tower building at the Asoke intersection. People loved the place for its hot chocolate, its brownies, or for their brunch with coffee.

Chirayu Na Ranong, co-founder and owner of CHU, told Thai PBS World that his back is now against the wall. He has been paying rent for 130 months and, as a long-term tenant, he received only a 15% discount for 3 months during the pandemic, while barely making enough money to get by. This year, when the third wave of COVID-19 hit Bangkok, his savings finally ran out, he could no longer afford the rent and the landlord wouldn’t compromise.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/why-a-struggling-restaurateur-sees-no-hope-for-any-state-help/

The number of Covid-19 cases in Southeast Asia crossed 4.07 million, with 22,747 new cases reported on Wednesday, higher than Tuesday’s 20,360, while there were 507 more deaths, an increase from Tuesday’s 307. #Asean #COVID19 #TheNationThailand

177nJRmn?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://twitter.com/Thenationth/status/1400247991596847105

1,730 of the new cases today, or 66% of the total, were found in #Bangkok and the surrounding provinces. Three new factory/work camp clusters today in: Samut Prakan +64 Phetchaburi +20 Chachoengsao +6 Other clusters in Phetchaburi saw a +312 rise

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1400305387438428160

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LosLobo said:

Because you or someone else never had a car accident last week does that mean that the law for everybody wearing seat belts should be abolished?

There are (or were) a lot of bars in Central Pattaya and no reports of any infections. Plenty at markets. 

Doesn't prove anything, just a fact. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The Department of Disease Control (DDC) announced on June 1 that Thais who have been vaccinated against Covid-19 can apply for a vaccine passport that will allow them to travel overseas

The DDC will issue a certificate to people who have received vaccines that are registered under Thailand’s Drug Law or are certified by the World Health Organisation,” said DDC director-general Dr Opas Karnkawinpong.

“The document must carry the signature of the Department of Disease Control’s director-general or a chosen nominee, as well as the stamp of the agency. One vaccine passport will certify only one individual,” he said.

The following documents are required if you want to apply for a vaccine passport:

More:

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40001623