Thailand reports 3,886 new COVID-19 cases, 39 new deaths

webfact

5 minutes ago, anchadian said:

1,730 of the new cases today, or 66% of the total, were found in #Bangkok and the surrounding provinces. Three new factory/work camp clusters today in: Samut Prakan +64 Phetchaburi +20 Chachoengsao +6 Other clusters in Phetchaburi saw a +312 rise

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1400305387438428160

Hell of a jump, only 680 found in Bangkok yesterday as opposed to 1,730 today. EDIT just noted its for Bangkok and surrounding Provinces

Edited by Bkk Brian

2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

And that's likely to be how it will be for many months ahead, if not years!  A global pandemic like this won't just magically disappear.  Until a proper and effective vaccination program is in place, we'll just have to get used to it.  But in the meantime it's ridiculous to arbitrarily allow some businesses to continue but not others.  And, it's essential that schools reopen soon as the damage being caused to children's education and social welfare is immeasurable.

Singapore is giving thought to the future and to categorising it as an endemic problem, it's only talk at the moment but similar statements have been made by virologists in a few countries. 100% eradication may not be a viable approach.

Edited by fondue zoo
  • Like 1

Peru more than doubles death toll after review.   added like 70,000, overnight.  I don't get the obsession with these numbers...

what we know.......covid is STILL a thing here.   Be as safe as possible.  Did you get the Vax?  no?  ok, then be super safe.

act as if covid is ALWAYS 2.000001 meters from you.......and it's mad!!!!.......

1 hour ago, rott said:

The people having a few beers at Pattaya bars when they were open did not cause any mass outbreaks. Especially considering that many of them would be classed as being in "at risk" groups. 

There were certainly contact tracing efforts made involving them. A LK Metro GGB and a Soi Buakhao Bar were mentioned, along with that 'Bone' place. It really emphasizes how the nightlife could be involved.... I would usually be in 5-10 places crowded in, on a night out. 

I say they certainly could be involved in the spread.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

PCR tests are extremely reliable

I can see where you are coming from.

For future reference it may be much safer to do X-rays on a monthly base, just to confirm you have no broken bones in your body.

This is your kind of logic.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

No you aren't, the bars are shut!

And more seriously, the pharmacy has screens and all sorts of measures.

Get over it, you want a beer, at home on terrace or balcony is fine.

You appear to have missed the point I was making about logic not applying to business closures rather the closures being focused mainly on the restriction of alcohol. Never mind.

FYI I am off the drink at the moment and working out daily, making the absolute best of the situation while the opportunity is there. 

Graph showing daily new infections:

RED - Thailand: 2,607 (+ 1,230 in prisons)

BLUE - Bangkok and surrounding area: 1,730 (66%)

GREEN - Other 71 provinces: 877 (34%)

#COVID19 #โควิด19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1400307589850615809

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 2

And soon they will allow virus carrying vaccinated people into Phuket to spread the virus and variants.

It seems they still cannot understand that vaccinated people can catch, carry and spread the virus........reduced yes, but still can.

So imagine all the variants coming into Phuket and then spreading outwards.............

1 minute ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

FYI I am off the drink at the moment and working out daily, making the absolute best of the situation while the opportunity is there. 

FYI I crack my first cold one before the sun sets and watch it darken later with a second, or maybe a third. 

• Haha 1

Just now, jacko45k said:

FYI I crack my first cold one before the sun sets and watch it darken later with a second, or maybe a third. 

I will join you as soon as I get back down to my desired weight and level of fitness which won't be long.

Cheers.

Just now, Mr Meeseeks said:

I will join you as soon as I get back down to my desired weight and level of fitness which won't be long.

Cheers.

Remember 'never eat on an empty stomach'...

• Haha 2

Pfizer (Thailand) emphasised on Wednesday that it is commencing negotiations only with government agencies on procuring Covid-19 vaccines

The announcement came on the heels of news that a private company would import 20 million doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine into Thailand.

Pfizer said it is currently discussing with the Department of Disease Control to ensure that its vaccine is available to all Thai nationals.

“Pfizer would like to emphasise that the company is commencing negotiations only with government agencies on procuring Covid-19 vaccines because this is the best way to ensure the vaccine is distributed to all people in each country," the announcement read.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40001624

15 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

There were certainly contact tracing efforts made involving them. A LK Metro GGB and a Soi Buakhao Bar were mentioned, along with that 'Bone' place. It really emphasizes how the nightlife could be involved.... I would usually be in 5-10 places crowded in, on a night out. 

I say they certainly could be involved in the spread.

So you could be in up to 10 crowded bars on a night out. Those same bars would be crowded 7 nights a week. This spread that you speak of does not seem to have spread far considering. 

I would normally be in less crowded places 3 or possibly 4 nights a week and never heard tell of a spread. Obviously that doesn't say it never happened but it never got people panicking and twitching. 

My definition of a crowded bar would be the Zero, I don't do gogos so can't say what they're get like. 

Pity there's none of the f in places open. 

1 hour ago, Paiman said:

If I test 1 million men for pregnancy with a test that has an error rate of 0,005%, I will get 5000 pregnant men. Just Mathematics.

But everybody knows men can not give birth to babies.

I am concerned about the men, which as result of the test, will ask for a prescription of the contraceptive pill.

Just saying......Start your ranting.

I give birth nearly every day, it really depends on what you call a baby!Just semantics!

• Haha 1

Many expats working in Phuket went to have their first vaccine jab today. The 2nd jab for this group is on 27 June. Although this is good news for people with work permits, still no news about foreign retirees or even foreigners with Thai families (Anonymous) #Thailand

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1400320637739012102

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

PCR tests are extremely reliable.

The Denier Lie Factory has misinformed you. If you disagree, please explain why virtually everyone who dies of Covid has previously tested positive in a PCR test. You think that healthy people get a positive test, and then uniformly die in a hospital 3 weeks later?

Why is it that PCR testing can identify hotspots of infection? Are those hotspots really just false positives?

If someone tests positive for the virus and drowns they will be recorded as a covid death because he died of pneumonia.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Thai stimulus injection expected to stem the bleeding, not boost economy

The government launched its latest stimulus package on June 1 in a bid to shore up the economy and aid those impacted by Thailand’s third wave of COVID-19. Worth Bt140.4 billion, the package covers 51 million people.

From July, all state-welfare cardholders will get a monthly Bt200 cash handout until the end of the year. This is the third handout scheme launched by the government since last year. The disabled and those who do not have a smartphone will also get monthly payments of Bt200.

The government also extended the co-payment subsidy scheme for a third time to help low-income people with daily shopping and travel expenses. The scheme offers a subsidy of up to Bt150 per day, capped at Bt3,000 per person.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/latest-thai-stimulus-injection-expected-to-stem-the-bleeding-not-boost-economy/

58 minutes ago, rott said:

There are (or were) a lot of bars in Central Pattaya and no reports of any infections. Plenty at markets. 

Doesn't prove anything, just a fact. 

There were many reports of infections in bars in Central Pattaya last month.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

If someone tests positive for the virus and drowns they will be recorded as a covid death because he died of pneumonia.

Why would a doctor on the beach falsify a death certificate. You are making this up.

• Thanks 1

#COVID19 update in #Thailand on Thursday:

Since 1 April 2021

140,485 people infected (+49 imported cases & +3,837 local cases)

1,052 dead +39

49,998 in care

1,208 in ICU &

373 on ventilators

3,626 discharged from care

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1400324878692098050

3 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Exactly. I am just as likely to get a dose of C19 at a wet market or a pharmacy as I am sitting at an outdoor bar having a beer or sitting at a restaurant eating. 

If I didn't know any better I would think these restrictions are being forced on us by the ultra-conservative Buddhist loonies.

Not unless you spend your time hanging out at the pharmacy or wet market ogling the old women.  The chance of get it is  time X exposure

• Like 1

Of the 3,886 new cases that were found in the past 24 hours:

- 995 were found in Bangkok

- 735 in the metropolitan region (5 provinces)

- 877 in 71 other provinces

- 1,230 were found via pro-active tests at prisons

- 49 imported cases

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1400325609704677379

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Excel said:

Go back, do not pass go, do not collect £200 and read what I wrote. No wait, you didn't want to so here just for you  - "behavioural professionals with the rapidly developing variants and human complacency creeping in"  

Recent surveys indicate that less than 62% will want to be vaccinated here for fear of the vaccine rightly or wrongly. Also with complacency many will simply not bother either.  So there you have it herd  immunity is an unattainable "pie in the sky".  Of course mandatory vaccinations could be a tool but so could a deliberate " health genocide" by deliberately allowing the virus to run rampart in the communities that you wish did not exist. However those two extreme options would never be allowed to manifest itself in this country or would it ?

Interesting that usually the results of surveys are scoffed at but on this occasion many have chosen to accept it as accurate.

The reality is yet to be seen.

Today there are 39 deaths in #Thailand:

20 males and 19 females

Median age is 64 (36-89 years)

Most deaths in Bangkok (24), Nonthaburi (2), Phuket (2), plus 11 provinces with one each

13 were infected from family members

3 had no underlying diseases

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1400325938546561025

• Thanks 1

Of the 2,607 local cases (excluding the cases in prisons and imported cases), the highest numbers by province were 995 in Bangkok followed by 380 in Phetchaburi, 336 in Nothaburi, 232 in Samut Prakan, 92 in Trang and 76 in Samut Sakhon.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1400327001387331587

• Thanks 1

WHITE - No cases (24): Ratchaburi, Phatthalung, Krabi, Lamphun, Roi Et, Lampang, Buriram, Phichit, Nakhon Phanom, Trad, Nan, Sukhothai, Chumphon, Phayao, Uttaradit, Loei, Phrae, Phang Nga, Amnat Charoen, Mae Hong Son, Uthai Thani, Mukdahan, Bueng Kan, and Satun #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1400328401152405507