Thailand reports 3,886 new COVID-19 cases, 39 new deaths

webfact

COVID3.jpg
File photo: Healthcare workers take nasal swab samples from local residents for a COVID-19 test after hundreds of residents of Watthana district and the trendy Thonglor neighborhood tested positive for the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Bangkok, Thailand, April 8, 2021. REUTERS/Athit Perawongmetha

Thailand on Thursday (June 3) reported 3,886 new COVID-19 cases and 39 additional deaths.

● 2,656 new infections
● 1,230 prison / prison infections

Thursday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 169,348 with 1,146 deaths.

The news comes as the US Deputy Secretary of State promised to increase Thailand’s access to COVID-19 vaccines.

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-06-03

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, keith101 said:

Wont be long before Thailand crosses the 200,000 new cases mark and on up from there . The big question from there is will wee see deaths in the 2,000 range which with so many serious/critical is quite possible .

Based on the current trend, there will be over 2,000 cumulative deaths from this wave.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 variants of covid roaming around with the potential for the newest one coming in from Vietnam possible. If they do not get people vaccinated you may just see a cluster everywhere.  Lat Prao Central Mall has a cluster now. What that means for the BTS system that abuts it is an unknown as well....stay safe.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

And that's likely to be how it will be for many months ahead, if not years!  A global pandemic like this won't just magically disappear.  Until a proper and effective vaccination program is in place, we'll just have to get used to it.  But in the meantime it's ridiculous to arbitrarily allow some businesses to continue but not others.  And, it's essential that schools reopen soon as the damage being caused to children's education and social welfare is immeasurable.

Exactly. I am just as likely to get a dose of C19 at a wet market or a pharmacy as I am sitting at an outdoor bar having a beer or sitting at a restaurant eating. 

If I didn't know any better I would think these restrictions are being forced on us

Edited by Rimmer
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Exactly. I am just as likely to get a dose of C19 at a wet market or a pharmacy as I am sitting at an outdoor bar having a beer or sitting at a restaurant eating. 

I can see the Govt's point, maybe buying food to eat or medicine for a life threatening disease is more important than having a beer.

There is a sub forum in Thai Visa's Health and Medicine forum which may help you!

1 minute ago, MaiDong said:

And this is it in a nutshell. We avoid leaving the house at the weekend because everywhere is packed full of non-socially distancing morons. 

I believe the 'ultra-conservative Buddhist loonies' really do think they've been sent from above to tell everybody what to do. 

Are you having "2 bob each way" there? 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

I can see the Govt's point, maybe buying food to eat or medicine for a life threatening disease is more important than having a beer.

There is a sub forum in Thai Visa's Health and Medicine forum which may help you!

If you have a life threatening disease you aren't popping down the local pharmacy to get your meds and they closed restaurants too, so they mustn't think eating is all that important either. However I can now sit and eat but I can't sit and eat and have a beer. Am I more likely to catch or transmit COVID-19 by having a beer in the exact same place? No. 

The point is that they are halfheartedly trying to stop people being close to one and other but there's no logic to their actions as wet markets and other places that are likely to see cases of transmission are still open with few restrictions. Banning alcohol seems to be the go-to solution but behind it I smell the whiff of the ultra-conservative Buddhist loony elites. 

What I see happening now is they will relax restrictions due to economic pressures and then we'll see the leap to 10,000+ cases per day over the next few weeks as complacency sets in again.

I was right about this wave coming after Songkhran and I will be proven right again. Bookmark this post.

Edited by Mr Meeseeks

9 minutes ago, MaiDong said:

And this is it in a nutshell. We avoid leaving the house at the weekend because everywhere is packed full of non-socially distancing morons. 

I believe the 'ultra-conservative Buddhist loonies' really do think they've been sent from above to tell everybody what to do. 

Spot on but I would add to your quote of 'ultra-conservative Buddhist loonies' really do think they've been sent from above to tell everybody what to do" to also include " and to scam money from the gullible poor"

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

The people having a few beers at Pattaya bars when they were open did not cause any mass outbreaks. Especially considering that many of them would be classed as being in "at risk" groups. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

If you have a life threatening disease you aren't popping down the local pharmacy to get your meds they closed restaurants too, so they mustn't think eating is all that important either. However I can now sit and eat but I can't sit and eat and have a beer. Am I more likely to catch or transmit COVID-19 by having a beer in the exact same place? No. 

The point is that they are half-heartedly trying to stop people being close to one and other but there's no logic to their actions as wet markets and other places that are likely to see cases of transmission are still open with few restrictions. Banning alcohol seems to be the go-to solution but behind it I smell the whiff of the ultra-conservative Buddhist loony elites. 

What I see happening is they will relax restrictions due to economic pressures and then we'll see the leap to 10,000+ cases per day over the next few weeks as complacency sets in again.

I was right about this wave coming after Songkhran and I will be proven right again. Bookmark this post.

Au contraire, I have high blood pressure, a life threatening disease. I regularly pop down to the local pharmacy for my essential medication.

2 hours ago, rott said:

The people having a few beers at Pattaya bars when they were open did not cause any mass outbreaks. Especially considering that many of them would be classed as being in "at risk" groups. 

Ironically it was persons in the very same government that allegedly went to clubs in Thong Lor drinking Johnny Walker and contributed to the start of this wave. 

Edited by blackcab
One word removed
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, LosLobo said:

Au contraire, I have high blood pressure, a life threatening disease. I regularly pop down to the local pharmacy for my essential medication.

Sorry to hear that.

I suffered from hypertension for a while in my 30's because of my bad lifestyle; boozing, smoking, diet etc. I started regular exercise and changed my diet and that sorted it out. 

7 minutes ago, rott said:

Because you or someone else never had a car accident last week does that mean that the law for everybody wearing seat belts should be abolished?

Edited by LosLobo
  • Like 2