Thailand ready to kick off mass vaccinations on June 7

19 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Same here... Registered with Mor Promt App (using numbers from the Pink ID card) - appointment tomorrow.

Half expecting a ‘oh... Farang mai-dai’ response given the U-Turns and announcements regarding vaccination of foreigners. 

Will post the outcome on Sheryl's thread.

I got a queue list yesterday so cautiously optimistic, despite being blanked.

app 7th.jpg

With Phuket being the model for reopening and vacinations at a staggering 65% of approx 400,000 having their first shot, Then Thailand is well on their way to 70% of its entire population of 70 million being done by Christmas. God help us!

• Haha 1

I do not have a Pink card or Yellow Book, so I call my Private hospital last week, in Bangkok that I have use for longer then most of the nurses have been alive. It makes most of its money from  foreigners coming in for operations and taking a Holiday at the same time. On the phone was told no vaccine and appointments for foreigners, though they gave my Thai wife appointment for a shot.  I was at the same Hospital a few days ago found out they are setting up for the shots being 7th, asked about me still no vaccine for foreigners. I have always known I would need to pay for the shots, no problem for me at all. When puss back on them about the government telling foreigners to register at the hospital that they use and that has their records they told me to go a government hospital in the middle of Bangkok!  I am not done yet on this issue know a lot of their staff and Doctors and Adm. Doctors  too. wait till Monday or Tuesday to see what happens with my wife's shot first.

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Should be some interesting videos posted on social media tomorrow.

The teacher of a yoga class that I attend also works at a high quality hotel in Phuket. Her employers told her she had to get vaccinated or she would lose her job.

her appointment was two days ago at Central Festival Phuket. She arrived 15 minutes before her appointment time. She was then kept seated in multi story car park of the mall for 2 hours, breathing in all the fumes of the cars being parked.

she was then sent inside when her “turn” came and waited another 1 1/2 hours at the inside seating area. So 3 1/2 hours total.

apparently it was the day when all the left over vaccine was being used on farang. Mostly it was a case of Thai tourist related companies telling their employees to be vaccinated or be fired. Appointments were given but in reality it was just a free for all.

she’s very healthy and late twenties by the way, so a bit behind me in the risk stakes as I am in my sixties, but hey ho, got to keep the tourists happy.

• Like 1

The Ministry of Public Health has distributed 35,000 bottles of the AstraZeneca vaccine to 148 hospitals in Bangkok to prepare for Covid-19 vaccination, Satit Pitutecha, Deputy Minister of Public Health said

He said the vaccination drive would be launched as scheduled on June 7 since the vaccines had already been distributed.

Satit's confirmation eases worries after there was confusion last week when many hospitals, especially private hospitals in many provinces assigned as vaccination units, called for cancellation of vaccination appointments for those registered under MohPrompt, saying vaccines had not been delivered to them.

The ministry has delivered 30 bottles to Bang Khun Thian 1 Hospital 1; 170 bottles to Bang Pakok 9 International Hospital; 100 bottles to Bangmod Hospital; 210 bottles to Kasemrad Hospital Bang Khae; 890 bottles to Bangpakok 8 Hospital; 500 bottles to Phyathai 3 Hospital; 420 bottles to Rajapipat Hospital; 1,030 bottles to Central Hospital; 650 bottles to Taksin Hospital; 290 bottles to Charoenkrung Pracharak Hospital; 300 bottles Sirindhorn Hospital, among others.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40001722

4 hours ago, BobBKK said:

wow! MASS vaccinations! while UK and USA are discontinuing masks and administered 100s million of vaccines Thailand is still 'negotiating' to buy some - I wonder why that is?

You can only negotiate if you have money.. If you have money then you must be willing to part with it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BobBKK said:

wow! MASS vaccinations! while UK and USA are discontinuing masks and administered 100s million of vaccines Thailand is still 'negotiating' to buy some - I wonder why that is?

The reasons why are twofold: 1) the government deferred to their medical authorities who wanted to wait rather than take charge and lead, and 2) allowed the same medical  authorities to attempt to negotiate multi million dollar contracts for vaccines, which they don't have any experience doing. Not a good strategy or decision, obviously.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

The Director-General of the Department of Disease Control (DDC) has given an assurance that everyone registered with Mor Prom and scheduled to receive a COVID-19 vaccination this June 7-9, will get their jab despite news from several hospitals of delivery delays.

Well lets wait until the 10th and see if it actually happens.. if not the director General should step down for spreading fake news.

7 hours ago, futsukayoi said:

Here in Samui the vaccination site already has a sign up foreigners jabs to be delayed inedifinitely.

CCSA on TV today Sunday quoted Samui, it said they have a site for foreigners to register... 

that' has nothing to do with getting a jab... just gets you on a waiting list.

2 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

Wow, where to start with the lies told in this article?

I guess there’s the Phuket 50% vaccinated. The government figures show 21% have had two jabs.

then there is the “all vaccinations in June will proceed as planned”. Why then is my June 14th appointment  delayed indefinitely?

and it’s all very well saying that doses are being shipped, but how do they stack up against vaccination appointment scheduled? An example, Udon Thani 250k odd appointments, 3.6k doses shipped.

clearly no one involved in the vaccination effort bothered to match registrations, to vaccine supply, to appointments. And we know the next issue will be staff to administer the jab.

what a chaotic mess.

The usual mess

Assuming I successfully register and assuming that they call my name and assuming I go to the designated place and find that they only have the ancient Chinese secret Sinojab, can I tell them I want to still be in the queue but will wait until they have a vaccine that actually has better efficacy? 

Simply put, if they call your name and you pass this time, are you excluded from system? 

7 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Waiting to see if foreigners with Mor Prom appointments get their vaccinations, from what I have seen the government has not commented on us.

Did you not read the opening paragraph of the post

"The Director-General of the Department of Disease Control (DDC) has given an assurance that everyone registered with Mor Prom and scheduled to receive a COVID-19 vaccination this June 7-9, will get their jab despite news from several hospitals of delivery delays."

It clearly says EVERYONE that registered with the Mor Prom app will receive their jab.

Now keep in mind the right hand never knows what the left hand is doing, so this may not necessarily be the case.

8 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Director-General of the Department of Disease Control (DDC) has given an assurance that everyone registered with Mor Prom and scheduled to receive a COVID-19 vaccination this June 7-9, will get their jab despite news from several hospitals of delivery delays.

My wife has an appointment on the 11th.  I guess they will be out by then.

8 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Why can't they do that here for crying out loud ?? I don't wanna be stuck in the same room as 100's of other potential COVID-19 carriers

To make your BP worse here is screenshot of chat I had with AU friend.

Screenshot_20210606-150049.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

Assuming I successfully register and assuming that they call my name and assuming I go to the designated place and find that they only have the ancient Chinese secret Sinojab, can I tell them I want to still be in the queue but will wait until they have a vaccine that actually has better efficacy? 

Simply put, if they call your name and you pass this time, are you excluded from system? 

Nobody can really answer that question yet. If that happens to you just attempt to register later.