Thailand ready to kick off mass vaccinations on June 7

11 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Like everyone here I want to be vaccinated, but I would also like a choice of which vaccine I get, and I don't mind paying if I have to, both for myself and my mrs.

What concerns me the most is the absolute shambles I am seeing on TV at various vaccination locations, it's more akin to a scrum, a scramble, total disorganisation, the places look more like places to go to catch the bloody virus than avoid it.

I was chatting yesterday to a mate in the UK, he's due here sometime next week, he said when he got his jabs there wasn't piles of paperwork, they didn't waste time taking blood pressure, just make the appointment, turn up 5 mins before, get jabbed, sit & rest for 20 minutes, go home.

Why can't they do that here for crying out loud ?? I don't wanna be stuck in the same room as 100's of other potential COVID-19 carriers.

Not taking BP is bloody sloppy. If you are over abour 140/90 they are likely to refuse jabbing you. I had to wait some time to allow my PB to drop to an acceptable level. Anyone on BP medication should continue taking it and not stop it for the jab. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

"everyone registered with Mor Prom and scheduled to receive a COVID-19 vaccination this June 7-9, will get their jab"

Most of the appointments made through Mor Prom were well after those dates, indeed well into July.

So actually what they are saying is that the majority of people with appointments made through that system may not get vaccinated  on the day of their appointment.

In my area the local hospital just released a notice that those with appointments for the 7th will be vaccinated on  the 7th, those with appointments on the 8th will be vaccinated on the 8th, and everyone else "wait to be notified".

Obviously not enough vaccine on hand now.

On a positive note, my appointment is the 8th and I just got an SMS confirmation. Stay tuned....

I did not know that I could register online (I am foreigner with only a passport) and I thought that from 7 June I could register myself at the nearby university hospital where they have my medical data since a very long time (because of yearly general checkups) : did I misunderstand?

Hope someone tells my local international hospital, as they know nothing about 7th June, or any registration process, or when any vaccines will be available. They even have a sign in reception saying, in effect,  we know nothing so don't bother asking. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, fvw53 said:

I did not know that I could register online (I am foreigner with only a passport) and I thought that from 7 June I could register myself at the nearby university hospital where they have my medical data since a very long time (because of yearly general checkups) : did I misunderstand?

yes, they know nothing about any national registration process. 

Am reading a post in a Facebook expat group where a foreigner says he just had his second jab in BuriRam, he got Sinovac  albeit reluctantly, claiming the governor stated refusal to be jabbed has a fine or potential jail time penalty.

Anyone actually refused this, foreigner or Thai?

Thailand ready to kick off mass vaccinations on June 7

Haven't we heard this every day from over a month? 
What will Thai media write about after tomorrow? 
Let me think... Got it. 
The Success Of Mass Vaccination!!!
(No pesky VEARS or Yellow Card System in Thailand)

8 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

The Director-General of the Department of Disease Control (DDC) has given an assurance that everyone registered with Mor Prom and scheduled to receive a COVID-19 vaccination this June 7-9, will get their jab despite news from several hospitals of delivery delays.

They'll be walking this back on June 10th.

1 hour ago, ivor bigun said:

Registered on Mor Prom with my pink card ,a few weeks ago ,supposed to get my jab on 9th just got a message not enough vacine will contact me with new date ,Samitavit hospital Sri Racha.

Not enough vaccine and they have not even started yet, pathetic incompetence  

5 hours ago, BobBKK said:

wow! MASS vaccinations! while UK and USA are discontinuing masks and administered 100s million of vaccines Thailand is still 'negotiating' to buy some - I wonder why that is?

In-com-pet-ence sounds a likely suspect.

My wife and I are scheduled for tomorrow (7 June) at 7:00 am in Mahasarakham province. I didn't make any booking, the head nurse (a friend of my wife did it for us).

My wife was very reluctant because they said you could not drink beer for a day before and after.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Not taking BP is bloody sloppy. If you are over abour 140/90 they are likely to refuse jabbing you. I had to wait some time to allow my PB to drop to an acceptable level. Anyone on BP medication should continue taking it and not stop it for the jab. 

Blood pressure is not taken in Australia before a jab.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevemercer said:

My wife and I are scheduled for tomorrow (7 June) at 7:00 am in Mahasarakham province. I didn't make any booking, the head nurse (a friend of my wife did it for us).

My wife was very reluctant because they said you could not drink beer for a day before and after.

You can drink beer before a jab!!!

31 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Well I haven't heard that one, as far as I know no one in the UK had BP checked, perhaps we could have some reports from around the planet to either confirm or deny.

I'll just add that I take BP medication, and unfortunately suffer with white coat syndrome, my BP is rarely normal in a situation like that.

its garbage, just ignore that rumour.  They are actually prioritising the older and  vulnerable and /or with underlying conditions, that make them susceptible to a bad covid 19 reaction.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mikosan said:

Let us know.

Where are you? (I think there is such a difference between provinces, what happens in one is not repeated in another.)

20 minutes ago, Fivebahtbob said:

Its good to hear that everyone registered with Mor Prom will receive their jab, including the 60 foreigners who managed to register. But what about the rest of us ?

Like many foreigners I was unable to register using any of the options proposed: 1) Mor Prom (no pink card) 2) Vimud hospital (registrations closed) 3) Bangrak Vaccination and Health Centre (building closed) 4) hospital which has my health records (unable to register foreigners) 5) www.ThailandIntervac.com (embassy staff only).

In the meantime we are on waiting lists at our local hospitals hoping that foreigners will be able to register if and when registrations re-open.

This is a major concern for those of us living in Bangkok and other provinces where there are severe outbreaks, especially for those who are more vulnerable due to age or health issues. My own hospital has its vaccination centre set up and they are ready to go but they have no vaccines.

If even a small number of vaccines could be allocated to hospitals in areas with severe outbreaks for the vulnerable groups on their waiting lists, they could be saving lives and preventing their Covid wards from becoming overwhelmed. I feel sure that most foreigners would also be willing to pay for such a service.

5) Try this URL tomorrow, 7 June. Up until then it has only been for foreign diplomats etc, (although I'm surprised such people haven't long since been jabbed, like all staff of any nationality, at the British Embassy).

8 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Waiting to see if foreigners with Mor Prom appointments get their vaccinations, from what I have seen the government has not commented on us.

"with doses fairly divided among each province’s population, which will include non-residents"

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

what nonsense 

Well, I did mine in a Thai hospital 2 weeks ago. I needed to wait about 20 mins for my BP to drop (mine was abput 142 when they said it was ok to get vaccinated - my hpme resting BP is 135/80-something. So tell me about your experience if you get a jab. 

27 minutes ago, SouthernMan3 said:

"with doses fairly divided among each province’s population, which will include non-residents"

How can a non resident be given a dose. By definition they don’t live here.

I assume they mean non Thai residing in Thailand?

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

its garbage, just ignore that rumour.  They are actually prioritising the older and  vulnerable and /or with underlying conditions, that make them susceptible to a bad covid 19 reaction.

In most provinces. Certainly not in Phuket

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

Well I haven't heard that one, as far as I know no one in the UK had BP checked, perhaps we could have some reports from around the planet to either confirm or deny.

I'll just add that I take BP medication, and unfortunately suffer with white coat syndrome, my BP is rarely normal in a situation like that.

Take your medication as normal. I also have white-coat. The were stunned when my bp was 180/110. So I had to sit for some time to bring it down. At home. I'm usually 130+/80+. 

I shouldn't say they will refuse you, but will ask you to rest some time before the injection. 

Edited by DavisH

5 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

The vaccine used in Phuket is exclusively sinovac. The efficacy after one jab is particularly low. The second jab improves it considerably. It appears one does does not lessen the risk of spread in the population substantially. Or perhaps even marginally.

”A study of the Sinovac rollout by the University of Chile reported that the vaccine was 56.5% effective two weeks after second doses were administered in the country. However, they also reported that one dose was just 3% effective (rising to 27.7% within two weeks of the second dose, and 56.5% two weeks later).5

source the BMJ

There have been recent  and differing studies. I was referring  to POPULATION not Individuals. Based on real-world data not control studies.

3 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

You can be a Thai non resident in a particular area.    You can be an American non resident New Yorker (say you're born and raised somewhere but you sold your house and moved somewhere else). 

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Your nationality is not relevant dependingon yourcircumstances. I live here on a retirement  extension  reporting every 90-days..I do not have a residence or work  permit

Edited by The Hammer2021

40 minutes ago, samtam said:

Where are you? (I think there is such a difference between provinces, what happens in one is not repeated in another.)

5) Try this URL tomorrow, 7 June. Up until then it has only been for foreign diplomats etc, (although I'm surprised such people haven't long since been jabbed, like all staff of any nationality, at the British Embassy).

Both of them?

1 minute ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Your nationality is not relevant dependingon yourcircumstances

So what do they mean when they say they are vaccinating non residents?

by definition non residents are not residing in Thailand, so they can’t be vaccinated. Ergo they don’t mean non residents.

my interpretation was that perhaps they mean non thai nationals. If it’s not that, any guesses what it is?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1