Thailand ready to kick off mass vaccinations on June 7

51 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

You just dont understand Thai hospital appointment system:

"Yes Mr Jacko we have your name here for 8.00am.  Please take a seat and we will call you in the next week or so.....................next!"

Sorry, used to private.....

4 hours ago, fvw53 said:

I did not know that I could register online (I am foreigner with only a passport) and I thought that from 7 June I could register myself at the nearby university hospital where they have my medical data since a very long time (because of yearly general checkups) : did I misunderstand?

I was able to register online with the Mor Prom app (back when it was still open/first launched) because I have a pink Thai ID card.

Without a Thai ID card, you need to register in person with your passport except in a few provinces where special online platforms may have been set up for foreigners.

As to whether you will succeed, anyone's guess, it is different everywhere due to lack of a coherent, clearly communicated government policy.

Only thing to do is to try.

4 hours ago, Pilotman said:

what nonsense 

It's around 160+ (asked the wife who does has been doing vaccinations). If above, one has to rest a while to bring the BP down. They may reschedule the vaccination if it cannot be reduced (as has happened before). 

7 hours ago, Sheryl said:

"everyone registered with Mor Prom and scheduled to receive a COVID-19 vaccination this June 7-9, will get their jab"

Most of the appointments made through Mor Prom were well after those dates, indeed well into July.

So actually what they are saying is that the majority of people with appointments made through that system may not get vaccinated  on the day of their appointment.

In my area the local hospital just released a notice that those with appointments for the 7th will be vaccinated on  the 7th, those with appointments on the 8th will be vaccinated on the 8th, and everyone else "wait to be notified".

Obviously not enough vaccine on hand now.

On a positive note, my appointment is the 8th and I just got an SMS confirmation. Stay tuned....

Sounds a rather feeble effort, if they only have enough vaccine to honour the first two days' of appointments when they have a roll out stretching to the end of the year and beyond.  I hope things will be better in Bangkok where I am booked for 14 June.

Edited by Dogmatix

2 hours ago, sesdave said:

So can anyone tell me as a non working retiree over 60  no ID card no WP living in patong  fir the last 10 years  register for a state vaccine. Online or in person and if in person where exactly. Happy to pay for private but having approached numerous private hospitals none have any idea when they will be able to offer it. Won't even let me put my name on a list.  I would like to get a vaccine for numerous reasons- one being  I do not want to be a guinea pig for the Sandbox 1/7. Any advice on how to get at least registered for a vaccine appreciated 

I am in the same boat sesdave. I don’t think there is anything that can be done for retired people in Phuket. In this province they are prioritizing Thai’s and working farang. Strange, but true.

13 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Waiting to see if foreigners with Mor Prom appointments get their vaccinations, from what I have seen the government has not commented on us.

I rather think that foreigners booked through Mor Prom will get their shots, provided they have enough to vaccinate anyone at all  on the appointment dates.  There doesn't seem much point in pulling foreigners out of the queue and probably just throwing away the shots that were prepared for them. I can't remember exactly now but I am not sure that the Mor Prom Chonburi Hospital app I booked through even asked for nationality and they have no way of telling nationality with 13 digit ID numbers that begin with 8 like mine because they are issued to PRs and naturalised Thais alike. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

I am in the same boat sesdave. I don’t think there is anything that can be done for retired people in Phuket. In this province they are prioritizing Thai’s and working farang. Strange, but true.

What about retired foregners with PR?  I guess that after all the trouble and expense to get PR they are just treated like tourists.

19 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

What about retired foregners with PR?  I guess that after all the trouble and expense to get PR they are just treated like tourists.

I’ve no idea. Maybe depends on province. Most provinces simply don’t have enough vaccine no matter who or what you are.

21 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

New day, new AZ numbers.

Where did this "initial 200,000" doses come from?

Seems like the most doses they've administered in a single day is ~ 205,000 (3 June 2021).

With a supply of 3.5 MM doses it will be interesting to see what number they hit on Monday. 250,000? More? And if interest continues as there wil certainly be some reports of side-effects.

And, will be interesting to see what the dates are for the second doses: +16 weeks?

Last I saw, there were ~ 7 MM registered via Mor Prom. I understand that the dates associated with some of thsoe registrations stretches out into July.

This week will tell us a lot about the timeline going forward.

If you compare numbers with Japan, it would seem they are plodding along at the same pace. 

Japan has only vaccinated a few million so far and wants to open the Olympics and Thailand about the same and wants to open Phuket. 

I wonder if India has a similar plan to open the Taj Mahal. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

How long does it take waiting to get appointment, after registering on Mor Prom please? I only registered the app on my phone today.

I did all this about three weeks ago.

I first REGISTERED using the Mor Prom LINE app. 

Then I went into the Mor Prom Android app to actually MAKE THE APPOINTMENT. The response and confirmation was immediate.

Edited by billsmart
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, billsmart said:

I did all this about three weeks ago.

I first REGISTERED using the Mor Prom LINE app. 

Then I went into the Mor Prom Android app to actually MAKE THE APPOINTMENT.

What are you doing Bill... shouldn't you be on your way to your appointment?

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Same here... Registered with Mor Promt App (using numbers from the Pink ID card) - appointment tomorrow.

Half expecting a ‘oh... Farang mai-dai’ response given the U-Turns and announcements regarding vaccination of foreigners. 

Will post the outcome on Sheryl's thread.

Will post the outcome on Sheryl's thread. 

Where's that? Can't find it to post my local info.

Edited by rbkk

21 hours ago, jesimps said:

Sounds more like what I was expecting. My missus asked for me at the hospital where I am registered and they told her they don't know anything about vaccinating farang. I have my 6000 baht saved for when the private hospitals get the necessary supplies.

6000Bt for the private hospitals vaccine?? That must be some mark up, this pandemic will make a lot of millionaires at this rate. I sincerely hope that these people get a full blast of karma for using the pandemic to get rich. 

23 hours ago, anchadian said:

The Ministry of Public Health has distributed 35,000 bottles of the AstraZeneca vaccine to 148 hospitals in Bangkok to prepare for Covid-19 vaccination, Satit Pitutecha, Deputy Minister of Public Health said

He said the vaccination drive would be launched as scheduled on June 7 since the vaccines had already been distributed.

Satit's confirmation eases worries after there was confusion last week when many hospitals, especially private hospitals in many provinces assigned as vaccination units, called for cancellation of vaccination appointments for those registered under MohPrompt, saying vaccines had not been delivered to them.

The ministry has delivered 30 bottles to Bang Khun Thian 1 Hospital 1; 170 bottles to Bang Pakok 9 International Hospital; 100 bottles to Bangmod Hospital; 210 bottles to Kasemrad Hospital Bang Khae; 890 bottles to Bangpakok 8 Hospital; 500 bottles to Phyathai 3 Hospital; 420 bottles to Rajapipat Hospital; 1,030 bottles to Central Hospital; 650 bottles to Taksin Hospital; 290 bottles to Charoenkrung Pracharak Hospital; 300 bottles Sirindhorn Hospital, among others.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40001722

How big are these so called bottles... 10ml is not a bottle! 

Got my first Astra Zeneca dose today. registered in Kantharalak hospital two weeks ago, just gave personal info and passport number, was told to go to amphur today. Got there 6AM, first there. People started coming around 7. Sat down in a group of chairs setup outside. A lady told everyone to sit in the back chairs and wait. I sat in the first row and was given number 14. They called people up in groups of nine. Had weight taken, checked temp, and then blood pressure. Got into group number 1. They at first said my village was in the afternoon and I told the nurse the hospital told me to come the morning of the 7th. They let me slide and took me in. They took my passport and asked a few health questions, and personal info. Next group took paperwork and entered some info on computer and then on to group 3, same thing. Was sent inside the building and sat about 15 minutes and then was given the shot. Told to wait 30 minutes and then left with a paper showing I received first shot and date for second shot, October 7. Only farang there and was treated very well.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Like 1

This on-going saga reminds me of the famous Peanuts cartoon of Charlie Brown getting ready to kick the football and Lucy pulling it back just before poor Charlie tries to give it a whack and lands on his back instead.

Edited by WingFat

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

Got my first Astra Zeneca dose today. registered in Kantharalak hospital two weeks ago, just gave personal info and passport number, was told to go to amphur today. Got there 6AM, first there. People started coming around 7. Sat down in a group of chairs setup outside. A lady told everyone to sit in the back chairs and wait. I sat in the first row and was given number 14. They called people up in groups of nine. Had weight taken, checked temp, and then blood pressure. Got into group number 1. They at first said my village was in the afternoon and I told the nurse the hospital told me to come the morning of the 7th. They let me slide and took me in. They took my passport and asked a few health questions, and personal info. Next group took paperwork and entered some info on computer and then on to group 3, same thing. Was sent inside the building and sat about 15 minutes and then was given the shot. Told to wait 30 minutes and then left with a paper showing I received first shot and date for second shot, October 7. Only farang there and was treated very well.

You are a lucky man because a friend went along to Jungceylon a couple of days ago and was told that Monday was a day that all farangs could come along and get vaccinated, so I went today and was told that I couldn't be vaccinated because they were only vaccinating people with work permits today!

I enquired as to when I could get a vaccination and they didn't know.

On 6/6/2021 at 7:09 AM, clivebaxter said:

Waiting to see if foreigners with Mor Prom appointments get their vaccinations, from what I have seen the government has not commented on us.

Wait over - was vaccinated today after registering with Mor Promt last month using Pink ID...

Showed Pink ID at Med Park Hospital Bangkok today. No issues whatsoever - AZ vaccine received. 

It would seem that any registrations of foreigners on the Mor Promt app are being honoured without question. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Wait over - was vaccinated today after registering with Mor Promt last month using Pink ID...

Showed Pink ID at Med Park Hospital Bangkok today. No issues whatsoever - AZ vaccine received. 

It would seem that any registrations of foreigners on the Mor Promt app are being honoured without question. 

Several reported on here they were turned away and told thais first, or had a message informing their mor prom appointments were cancelled, you were one of the lucky ones

18 minutes ago, xylophone said:

You are a lucky man because a friend went along to Jungceylon a couple of days ago and was told that Monday was a day that all farangs could come along and get vaccinated, so I went today and was told that I couldn't be vaccinated because they were only vaccinating people with work permits today!

I enquired as to when I could get a vaccination and they didn't know.

Like a lot of things here, I suppose there will be many different answers to that question. I think I was lucky seeing it was the first day here and I was the only farang there.

Today they opened the Vaccination Centre at Ramkhamheang University.

I hope they are sure of what they are doing and that someone will take responsibility for this very sensitive period in history.

Edited by zhounan

5 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Several reported on here they were turned away and told thais first, or had a message informing their mor prom appointments were cancelled, you were one of the lucky ones

Were those who were turned away in Bangkok ???

It seems a lot of those registered for vaccines in areas outside of Bangkok have been turned away or cancelled. 

This is because a lot of the vaccines that were originally allocated for the provincial areas have been re-allocated for areas which are still considered ‘red zones’.... 

Thus: I’m not sure if those who have been cancelled because its ‘Thais First’ or if its more a case of ‘Red Zones’ first.

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

AZ Vaccine received... (Med Park Hospital Bangkok - registered last month on Mor Promt App).

No issues whatsoever - showed Pink ID card upon arrival at the Hospital and received the vaccine within 5mins. 

No indications or even suggestion of ‘farang mai-dai’ - they simply keyed in my info from the Pink ID card as they do with Thai’s with their Thai ID card - everything OK. 

Thus the ‘hint’ of ‘farang cannot’ was simply paranoia being spread in these forums....  In Bangkok at least, IF a foreigner is registered for the vaccine, their registration is honoured without question. 

No. My local health Dept cancelled my appt. Confirmed by another local farang. The same with him.

UPDATE

Province: Surin

Date: 7th June 2PM

Location (name of hospital or other) Sangkha Hospital

Are you over 60/chronically ill? (Yes/No) No/Yes

How did you register? Mor Prom

Vaccination received (yes/no) YES

If yes,  Type of vaccine : Astra Zenecca

If no, Reason not vaccinated: -

I took a picture of my Mor Prom appt, Yellow book ( No pink card)Hospital clinic book and my hospital number from a previous visit and my passport. The doctor at the front desk said OK. Talking to another local farang it seems he was also cancelled recently by the local health dept but decided to turn up anyway as well and also got vaccinated with AZ. Painless procedure once in the system. 2nd shot 28th September. My advise would be if you have a confirmed appt, turn up. Interestingly they did us in groups of 10, but as someone had taken my spot there were 11 in our group. Good luck!

• Like 1

It's done!

I got my first jab of AstraZeneca this afternoon.

I had registered and made my appointment on Mor Prom, and when I arrived, my name was in their appointment book. I had to wait about 30 mins, and then had my blood pressure checked, showed them my pink card, had to answer some questions about allergies, etc., and then got the jab.

I then had to wait about 30 mins afterward, and before I left, I had my temperature taken, my blood pressure checked again, and was asked how I felt. I did feel a little woozy and told them. They just told me to take it easy and not to exercise for a couple of days and to lookout for any other symptoms.

They gave me an appointment for a second shot in three weeks.

When I got to my car (my wife came with me and drove me home), I checked Mor Prom, and the record of my vaccination was already there.

So, Mor Prom worked for me. ????

Screenshot_20210607-173102.jpg

Edited by billsmart
  • Thanks 1

I was told to wait until October 7 for my second dose. Anyone who has been tol to wait that long also? It should be 8 to 12 weeks. This is 16 and doesn't seem right. I know that if you have any pre-existing conditions, which I don't, they should have you back sooner.