Thai government chief whip and 83 others face indictment for futsal court project corruption

12 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

They are all good at corruption. The difference with the army and Prayuth is the massive degree of deception involved. Thaksin did not pretend to be honest. Prayuth does pretend and deceives at least a few thousand with his goody two shoes act.

Thaksin on the other hand  was an effective leader, and accomplished quite a bit for the people. 

Prayuth is as ineffective, incompetent and despised by his people, as a PM could possibly be. He is an utter failure. 

Keep up the paranoia, without it you would be Linus without his blanket.

50 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

The problem now, is that the Thai people are not paranoid, angry and bitter enough. Change needs to happen. And the sooner the better. 

• Like 1

Just now, spidermike007 said:

The problem now, is that the Thai people are not paranoid, angry and bitter enough. Change needs to happen. And the sooner the better. 

So you want them to be paranoid like you. Not a good thing to wish on people.

1 hour ago, GreasyFingers said:

Paranoid about corruption here in Thailand, are you for real?  No ones paranoid as it happens blatantly right in front of you if you care to look.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

So you want them to be paranoid like you. Not a good thing to wish on people.

Your level of misunderstanding defies comprehension. No, I want them to express their lack of satisfaction with the current circus, and show it, in whatever way they can. I do not even know where you got the paranoid thing from, as that is as far from what I am as possible. 

13 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Govt officials submit bid for a project.

Bid amount is higher than the projected cost.

They execute the project in the cheapest manner possible.

The difference is then applied to BMWs, luxury watches, mia nois, and kickbacks to other officials who helped them push the project through.

I'm simply SHOCKED! How dare they.

bath_lady.jpg

You are right, but...

I am a teacher here - I think you are too, yes? We do our best to give the children as good an education as we can, encourage, help and challenge them (those that try at least). Then we push the poor little beggars out into a world where, no matter how hard they try, no matter what dreams or ambitions we may have fired in them, and that is what we try to do, their prospects are essentially limited by the fact that the country is run by a self perpetuating elite who feed  on corruption and nepotism. 

I look at the potential of these young people, and I consider their futures, and frankly it boils my <deleted>!

I was a soldier, and I earned my medals, and my parachute wings. I look at these creatures, and that boils my <deleted> as well!

Take note this post was written after several bottles of Leo Number 8 - it is rather a good beer.  I shall regret the post, and the beer, in the morning!

Good night!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, scorecard said:

and add the expectation that' 'I'm important, therefore entitled to be corrupt, to get undeserved benefits etc...' 

One of the worst I'm aware of is the wife of a very very wealthy Thai man.

- First instance I'm aware of, out of nowhere the wife is suddenly a full professor and teaching at a very prestigious university. She reads pages/paragraphs from various books, no discussion, students know the articles she reads are very basic/simplistic and don't connect to the program. Students don't complain, they know they will be severely punished, they just don't attend.

- Second instance, she makes her doctoral dissertation to the uni committee for her Ph.D., her thesis (quite some years back) is based on an alternative method to take the just finished plastic slide off the static overhead projector and in the same action place the next slide on the machine.

In reality the method was very basic, nothing scientific or clever and had been in use for several decades by 99% of folks globally who were using overhead projectors.

Her dissertation submission full of basic 'research' data which didn't stand up to even simple analysis.

Committee members all give her a 'pass' and distinction for her work'. 

Rich husbands secretary contacts numerous agencies/companies/organizations etc., demanding that they add 'Professor Dr .' to her name in their records. 

Husbands office arranges for small nameplates to be printed on plastic with her new full title and her full name (all letters about 2cm big), and are glued to the top of the door paneling on every door on her car so that if she pulled over the cop bends over to talk and instantly sees her name and title. 

Before getting her Ph.D. she is accompanied to the uni by 2 assistants walking behind in a pied piper line to carry her briefcase, her handbag, her special drinks, bags of gifts and snacks, her giant very heavy first generation mobile phone (and a driver) to get to the uni.

After getting her Ph.D. she is accompanied by 4 assistants with what they are carrying on gold coloured platters, all walking behind in a pied piper line (and a driver).

A sign of an absolute bottom of the barrel society and culture, that accepts such ridiculously low standards. And an educational system, that may be broken beyond repair. 

Lock them up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

You are right, but...

I am a teacher here - I think you are too, yes? We do our best to give the children as good an education as we can, encourage, help and challenge them (those that try at least). Then we push the poor little beggars out into a world where, no matter how hard they try, no matter what dreams or ambitions we may have fired in them, and that is what we try to do, their prospects are essentially limited by the fact that the country is run by a self perpetuating elite who feed  on corruption and nepotism. 

I look at the potential of these young people, and I consider their futures, and frankly it boils my <deleted>!

I was a soldier, and I earned my medals, and my parachute wings. I look at these creatures, and that boils my <deleted> as well!

Take note this post was written after several bottles of Leo Number 8 - it is rather a good beer.  I shall regret the post, and the beer, in the morning!

Good night!

And this is just part of the reason you have a million youth on FB, trying to find a way to leave this nation for good, and make a life for themselves in a nation who's future has not been stolen by a despot military. 

Same applies to the tens of thousands of expats who have already departed, for good. 

As sad as it sounds, unless the youth can figure out a way to oust the spectacularly toxic and corrupt dinosaurs, there is no way forward for Thailand.

In 20 years time, Thailand could become the Burundi of Asia. It is moving backwards at a dizzying pace. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

" Nutty slack" used to be what we called a delicious biscuit my mum made from baking chocolate, crushed digestive and ginger nut biscuits, vanilla essence and condensed milk back when I was a lad, and the telly was black and white!

Now you have called it to mind I must find a recipe and have a go!

Thanks for that!

And the telly screen was close to round, not the rectangle shape we see today. And no remote control. 

11 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Your level of misunderstanding defies comprehension. No, I want them to express their lack of satisfaction with the current circus, and show it, in whatever way they can. I do not even know where you got the paranoid thing from, as that is as far from what I am as possible. 

You mean you want them to express YOUR lack of satisfaction. Stick to your knitting.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Paranoid about corruption here in Thailand, are you for real?  No ones paranoid as it happens blatantly right in front of you if you care to look.

Some people are paranoid about the government and state it in every topic, relevant or not.

2 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

Some people are paranoid about the government and state it in every topic, relevant or not.

So in your view you think being concerned and expressing said concern about the corruption, and what needs to be done, and what is seen by many as being undertaken by the youth is Paranoid.  Give it a rest. Enjoy your day.  Below is an article from way back in time and it is still relevant to this day, no paranoia needed.

Corruption in Thailand (travelfish.org)

It's true, Thailand has problems with corruption -- as do most of its neighbors. On the one hand, tourists are seen as walking money bags and on the other, an ample supply of corrupt (and underpaid) police and assorted dodgy con men and shysters are on the loose. The current economic situation has seen an increase in reports of theft and fraud -- though I'd hazard a guess this isn't unique to Thailand.

What does seem to be unique to Thailand is the amount of press some of these cases get. We're all for exposing police corruption and scams -- and the attention given to the recent extortion case at Bangkok's international airport is a great example of the foreign press helping to get a few backsides kicked.

• Like 2

On 6/5/2021 at 5:22 PM, Rampant Rabbit said:

May as  well  indict the whole  nation, theyr'e  all  at  it, seems a  national trait.

Does the Chief Whip walk around with a Wipe to keep them in line. or is it that bar he goes too/ remember the song (wipe me slower wipe me quick) 

12 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

I am a teacher here - I think you are too, yes? We do our best to give the children as good an education as we can, encourage, help and challenge them

Indeed. We must always give them hope for the future.

My students always bring up the bad roads, the submarines, and the watches. Haha. We have a few laughs, then move on. Never helps to dwell too much on the negative. One gains motivation and strength from the positive, however difficult it is to find. Some of them will one day end up changing this country, I'm sure of it. ✌????️