Non OA retirement annual extension at CW - is this complete list of documents?

I will be doing extension at CW this month. Would those who have done this recently confirm this is complete? Thank you.

A. TM7 with photo

B. Passport

- photo page

- current visa

- current extension

- latest entry stamp

C. Address rental apartment map w/address -- is copy of utility bill or rental agreement needed?

D. Funds

– updated passbook and  copy

– bank letter

E. TM6 Copy front + back

Current visa?

Some imm officers want to see 'activity' on day of application. Easy at CW with banks lower level. Best to obtain letter on day of application as you can make deposit and have clerk photography last page of bankbook.

Note SCB have no branch there.

Also note that CW now has appointment available (not compulsory) works a treat

http://203.151.166.132/immigrant_queue/booking/

Edited by DrJack54

1 minute ago, yeahbutif said:

I thought OA visa extension needs heath insurance....  I know I visa don't....am i wrong?

OA VIsa obtained in home country and extensions of any OA visa for retirement (not marriage) requires insurance

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonray said:

What about Insurance ?

400K inpatient, 40K outpatient Health Insurance required for extensions from an O-A Visa entry.

Must be from one of the approved Insurers on the longstaytgia.org website.

Permission of stay will be granted only for the period of Insurance coverage.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JimGant said:

Since you can apply 30 days (some cases, 45 days) before your one year retirement extension begins, make sure the insurance company uses the beginning date of the extension, not the date of application, as the beginning (or renewal) date of your policy. I use LMG, and last year I had to have them rewrite the policy dates, as they had the one year clock starting on the date they approved my application -- not the later date of when my retirement extension began.

Unfortunately some offices are completely unreasonable and your policy must be in force on the date of application. I'm stuck in that limbo and it forces me to not apply too early. 

2 hours ago, tonray said:

..... and extensions of any OA visa for retirement (not marriage) requires insurance

Except in Phuket, for OA visas obtained prior to entering Thailand prior to Oct 2019:

- If the Non-OA visa from your home country is issued In or BEFORE 2017 then the health insurance is NOT required for your extension.
– If the Non-OA visa from your home country is issued in 2018 or later but the last entry date is before 1 October 2019 then the health insurance is NOT required for your extension.

https://piv-phuket.com/long-stay-extensions/retirement/

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tonray said:

Unfortunately some offices are completely unreasonable

Fortunately, Chiang Mai is not one of them (tho' I'm sure I could encounter a maverick IO -- although that's another reason I use an agent, to make sure all my paperwork is kosher -- and that they know which IOs to avoid.)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JimGant said:

Except in Phuket, for OA visas obtained prior to entering Thailand prior to Oct 2019:

Yeah..the whole thing is a cluster()...absurd that there has been absolutely no leadership or clarification from the top. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tonray said:

Unfortunately some offices are completely unreasonable and your policy must be in force on the date of application. I'm stuck in that limbo and it forces me to not apply too early. 

Theoretically your existing policy should cover any early application and your new extension be dated to match the new policy dates, but TIT.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tonray said:

Yeah..the whole thing is a cluster()...absurd that there has been absolutely no leadership or clarification from the top. 

The blind leading the blind, comes to mind.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, tonray said:

If your prior year’s policy is in force until the expiration of your current extension, and your renewed insurance policy certificate shows the one year date hence, you should be ok.  In that case, you will be able to show coverage for the entire time.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tracyb said:

If your prior year’s policy is in force until the expiration of your current extension, and your renewed insurance policy certificate shows the one year date hence, you should be ok.  In that case, you will be able to show coverage for the entire time.  

Tell it to the IOs in Nonthaburi...

if i need to do in person 90 day...i'll query that very issue but last time they stated no.

Edited by tonray

19 hours ago, JimGant said:

I know a senior IO at CW in 2020 in appeal who did not allow such exemption from requirement to have Thai-government listed health insurance for non O-A extension,  regardless of the expat having lived in Thailand continously since original entry from home country in 2013 with non O-A visa. 

2 hours ago, Srikcir said:

I know a senior IO at CW in 2020 in appeal who did not allow such exemption from requirement to have Thai-government listed health insurance for non O-A extension,

Phuket is apparently the only Imm office giving this exemption.

• Like 1