Digital nomads to be allowed to work in Thailand without needing a work permit

webfact

All, 

I'm brand new here and signed up to look for information specifically regarding this topic.  I wanted to thank OP and the other contributors to this, as I was sniffing around trying to garner information on how to stay long-term in Thailand, with working remote.  It seems things may swing in my favor.

From the looks of it, they're copying Iceland's approach to allowing remote workers stay.   More and more countries are adopting this approach, especially after covid.  

Anyway, just wanted to say "hello," and thanks for the news since I'd make the cut and it's certainly a solution I've been looking for.  I was tempted to pursue the TEV for long-term stay and work remotely, and was looking around for the legalities and fine print therein.

Have a good one!

• Thanks 1

What a pile of bs...if you want to work remotely from Thailand you can just open a business or directly buy your work permit from an accountant with a shelf company. It has been like this since forever, no need to deal with these idiotic requirements. 

On 6/8/2021 at 11:06 AM, Steffan said:

Heading says no visa needed than article says to qualify for a visa. Bull dust if you ask me. Must be a slow news day.

If with "Heading" you mean the title of this topic, I do not see the word "visa" there.

On 6/8/2021 at 11:06 AM, Steffan said:

Heading says no visa needed than article says to qualify for a visa. Bull dust if you ask me. Must be a slow news day.

If with "Heading" you mean the title of this topic, I do not see the word "visa" there.

On 6/12/2021 at 1:57 AM, Sundown said:

What a pile of bs...if you want to work remotely from Thailand you can just open a business or directly buy your work permit from an accountant with a shelf company. It has been like this since forever, no need to deal with these idiotic requirements. 

Which comes with huge downsides and commitments (thai staff, VAT and corp taxes, office, etc etc) then run all these costs up against 0% non domestic income and this is clearly an appealing offer.

Of course its just proposed ideas at the moment. 

There is just confusion here either by the Thai government in using the term 'digital nomad' or from the posters on this thread. Essentially, I see what the Thai Government want to see, in a post-covid world, where more people and effectively 'work from home' or "abroad", is these people people working from Thailand. The people they are talking about are the employees of the big corporations or 'proper' companies, who can work remotely. The Governmnet hence want to make it easier for such individuals to work in Thailand without the hassle of getting a work permit and setting up a company with Thai employees. What the Thai government don't want is the real 'digital nomads'  working under the radar. 

On 6/7/2021 at 9:13 AM, Poet said:

rolling their money back into their businesses or investing in stocks, domains, and crypto

As for the domains...

I have a few domain ideas (that according to GoDaddy are yet unclaimed), but my domain ideas are perhaps a little bit politically incorrect.  I wouldn't want my name openly linked to them, as it could impact my main gig. 

If you purchase domains, does your identity become easily accessible to anyone seeking to ascertain it?   

Is sedo.com the best place to buy-sell domains?

Edited by BananaBandit