Expats over 60 urged to register for vaccine on Thai govt site

webfact

Please be advised that the reservation system for the vaccination appointment is being updated. You cannot make a reservation for a certain amount of time. Please try registration after 3:00 p.m. We have to apologize for all the inconvenience.

pig-flying.png

23 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Well at least Brits who need to renew their passports can then kill 2 birds with 1 stone in the case of BKK!????

Why is that or is it you summise that many of us have recently renewed our passports so in say 9 years time at the next renewal we can go to BKK and get the injection which may be available by then ? ????

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

There's nothing like a good old clipboard and pen. I've been registered for over a month and already have my appointment for early August.

By which time, of course Covid could have been completely eradicated in our region, the north east, (only 27 cases reported yesterday) so I might not even bother with it.

Unless they've already lost the "paperwork" !

2 hours ago, Skallywag said:

What if you are over 60 but NOT living with these conditions?

• Severe Chronic Respiratory Diseases (CRDs)
  • Coronary artery disease (CAD)
  • Chronic kidney disease (CKD) (5th stage)
  • Stroke
  • Cancer patients receiving chemotherapy
  • Diabetes
  • Obesity (weight > 100 kg or BMI > 35 kg/m²)

Most over 60's I see propping up the bar every day likely have some or all of the above, whether they know it or not!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Excel said:

And for those living up country are expected to travel to BKK/pattaya ?

No.  I have an appointment for my 1st jab on Sunday in Khon Kaen.

Made the appointment in person at the hospital (Sri Nakarind) about 3 or 4 weeks ago & the staff there logged my details into the government system.

• Like 2

Just now, White Tiger said:

No.  I have an appointment for my 1st jab on Sunday in Khon Kaen.

Made the appointment in person at the hospital (Sri Nakarind) about 3 or 4 weeks ago & the staff there logged my details into the government system.

That's excellent. Let us know how it went. Unfortunately 3 of my colleagues were not so lucky in Udon Thani  given the vaccine shortages here.

With AZ having an efficacy of 10.4% against the South African variant vs blood clotting and potential death, not from the vaccine/s of course, I will pass and take my chances, but I will thank you for making it clear earlier on when you said Thai's 1st.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/williamhaseltine/2021/03/17/astrazeneca-vaccine-fails-to-protect-against-the-south-african-variant/?sh=563ac42c6526

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

The 3pm message has gone so gave it another go, no dates or times come up at all now, I got Jan 1st 1970 as well, wait for email from them. Sad that they are not only so xenophobic, but also so desperately hopeless.

Ditto...  got the same just now...

1363556834_2021-06-07186.jpg.205ab869601578dfade0a9b4781b4769.jpg

8 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

What did you enter in when they asked you if you have med insurance in Thailand?

I have it, but chose to answer NO, and I got no appointment date or hospital assignment.

(Reason being... my policy has a signif. discount for not having had any claims for some years... And I didn't want the government or a private hospital to try to come along and charge my health insurance for the vaccine, and thus cost me a TON of money...)

I entered no insurance as you.

I had to manually choose the hospital assignment and the vaccine.

Go back and look for that. Can you do that?

Phaythai was one of 3 available that 'had vaccines'.

Edit: the available dates only appeared after 2:20 pm today. 

Edited by rabas

30 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

The 3pm message has gone so gave it another go, no dates or times come up at all now, I got Jan 1st 1970 as well, wait for email from them. 

Same for me.

330432792_InkedScreenshot2021-06-07at14-33-30INTERVACCOVID-19VACCINEINTERNATIONALSERVICES-Copy_LI.jpg.9ffd374c432cdfbb549d56b136a7fa5f.jpgThis is the 'confirmation' that I received on the intervac website.  I put 'individual' in the 'organization' information request.  It will be interesting to see if I get an email.

Edited by pookiki
Revise
  • Like 1