Expats over 60 urged to register for vaccine on Thai govt site

webfact

Available group: People aged 60 + years old, people living with any underlying diseases following;

• Severe Chronic Respiratory Diseases (CRDs)
  • Coronary artery disease (CAD)
  • Chronic kidney disease (CKD) (5th stage)
  • Stroke
  • Cancer patients receiving chemotherapy
  • Diabetes
  • Obesity (weight > 100 kg or BMI > 35 kg/m²)

**Note**

• Please present the following document to the vaccination site
  • Passport is registered in the website.
  • For Individuals living with following underlying diseases must present evidence and personal identification at the vaccination site. The evidence can be a picture of medical records containing information with specific disease, or prescriptions with your names. This evidence should last no more than a year.

COVID-19 Vaccine Availability

Updated on June 6th,2021

• Sinovac (Available)
  • AstraZeneca (Available)
  • Johnsons & Johnsons
  • Moderna

COVID-19 Vaccination locations

• MedPark Hospital (Available Now)
  • 3333 Rama IV Rd., Khlong Toei, Khlong Toei, Bangkok
  • Vimut Hospital (Available Now)
  • 500, Phahonyothin Rd., Samsen Nai,Phaya Thai,Bangkok
  • Phyathai 2 Hospital (Available Now)
  • 943, Phahonyothin Rd., Samsen Nai,Phaya Thai,Bangkok
  • Bangkok Hospital Pattaya
  • 301 Moo 6 Sukhumvit Rd., Km.143, Nakluea,Banglamung, Chonburi
  • Bangrak Vaccination and Health Center
  • 9 South Sathorn Rd.,Yannawa,Sathorn,Bangkok

2 hours ago, pookiki said:

330432792_InkedScreenshot2021-06-07at14-33-30INTERVACCOVID-19VACCINEINTERNATIONALSERVICES-Copy_LI.jpg.9ffd374c432cdfbb549d56b136a7fa5f.jpgThis is the 'confirmation' that I received on the intervac website.  I put 'individual' in the 'organization' information request.  It will be interesting to see if I get an email.

My first attempt with this, I tried to leave the "organization" field blank because 1) I'm not part of any organization, and 2) I had no idea what they meant in what they were asking for...

Then when I tried to click "submit" at the end, it wouldn't go thru, and when I scrolled back up on the screen, I saw that field didn't have the little green checkmark next to it... So finally I just entered in "N/A", and then my registration was accepted... all leading to apparently nothing, at least for now.

6 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Perhaps we could begin to get some idea of what's driving the differing results from the registration.

I think that's almost certainly down to the way it's programmed. I entered the same data as you and can get through to the calendar, but all the dates are greyed-out.

4 minutes ago, Exploring Thailand said:

I think that's almost certainly down to the way it's programmed. I entered the same data as you and can get through to the calendar, but all the dates are greyed-out.

I shudder to wonder, could it be another of the possible Thai website hosting deals where it only works properly if you're using MS IE, and gets funky if you're using Firefox,  Chrome, etc??? When I did mine, it was via Firefox.

PS - What city were you registering from/for? (I ask, because, supposedly, the government is supposed to be prioritizing vaccine supplies for BKK and other high COVID case areas....  But that obviously didn't do me any good...)

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

21 minutes ago, Exploring Thailand said:

They originally promised just B3,000 for 2 doses and insurance - are the suppliers asking a higher price, or are the hospitals keen to make a higher margin?

Quote Tweet

Thai PBS World

@ThaiPBSWorld

· 23m

UPDATE: The PHA has agreed to 3,800 Baht for 2 doses of #Moderna. #modernavaccine #ThailandNews twitter.com/ThaiPBSWorld/s…

https://twitter.com/pakhead/status/1401839216523309059

• Thanks 1

Just give it a break, this reminds me of the big deal made about reporting your arrival within 24 hours o what a stink. If you waited a few months all was forgiven and a new requirement added that everyone was happy with. The same will happen with this fiasco in a few weeks everyone will be wondering why they lost sleep over a webdite off line.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I shudder to wonder, could it be another of the possible Thai website hosting deals where it only works properly if you're using MS IE, and gets funky if you're using Firefox,  Chrome, etc??? When I did mine, it was via Firefox.

It's certainly a possibility.  I guess there's also a possibility that you guys who have been told to wait for an email are in a better position than those of us who are unable to select a date. At least you're in the queue to be given a date. The 1970 date just means the programmers haven't set things up properly. That date is what you get if you have zeros in a date field.

• Like 1

RE intervac online sign-up:

I got a June 22 appointment with:-

-- No health insurance

-- non-imm visa

-- Bangkok

-- put "individual" in the organisation

-- passport

I chose AstraZeneca and the system said I failed because that drug has been fully booked (sorry missed taking a screenshot of that notice) and was asked to go back to "booking." After several tries it was Sinovac at Phyathai2 earliest date available June 22, time 14-15 or 15-16:00.

After I clicked "book" than It came back with a booking details with a notice to be confirmed via email from oicddhotline.

Edited by watthong

8 hours ago, rbkk said:

Throwing the bone and getting the dogs to give chase. No thanks. Once bitten twice shy.

I gloss thru these articles but when I realize it's just more of the same tired nonsense I move on.

I'm certainly not going to waste any time trying to register, searching for centers, etc.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

For example, in my case, to get the 1970 NON-appointment date, I had entered:

--no health insurance

--non imm visa

--Bangkok location

--N/A for the organization field

--home country passport # for the ID field

I got a non-appointment with:-

-- health insurance

-- non-imm visa

-- not Bangkok

-- put my employer in the organisation

-- passport

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Vaccination.jpg.624c5a5cfb111a646ab85dcba14ff747.jpg

I see some discussions arising:

1. You may have severe heart disease like Cardyomyophaty, but not exactly CAD

2. You may have cancer but no chemotherapy (example total removal of prostate years ago, still you have cancer)

3. You may have Diabetes, but you buy all medicaments incl. insulin that were prescribed more than a year ago at the pharmacy and the receipt does not show your name

4. There may be no certificate about your weight, although this should be obvious when you show up. All they need is a body scale.

So when you can be vaccinated at a place where they keep your health records (5 hospitals available, 4 of them in BKK only) this would pose no problem, but do you need to obtain certificates from your "Home" hospital if they assign you to some other place ? Like when you live in Chiang Mai ?

Edited by moogradod

6 minutes ago, Exploring Thailand said:

It's certainly a possibility.  I guess there's also a possibility that you guys who have been told to wait for an email are in a better position than those of us who are unable to select a date. At least you're in the queue to be given a date. The 1970 date just means the programmers haven't set things up properly. That date is what you get if you have zeros in a date field.

I find myself having some difficulty putting any kind of positive spin on my outcome of the vaccine registration process being a webpage screen that tells me I have an appointment date in 1970!!!  ????

11 minutes ago, Crossy said:

I got a non-appointment with:-

-- health insurance

-- non-imm visa

-- not Bangkok

-- put my employer in the organisation

-- passport

Thanks Crossy!  So you had several different entries from me (location, insurance, organization) and still got the same result!

I suppose another possibility is that their computer system is just #$%$#@ed....  And every now and again, it works properly and spits out a real appointment date with a location and vaccine, and the rest of the time, it throws up the apparently meaningless 1970 appointment dates in some kind of sign of failure...   ???

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

Just now, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I find myself having some difficulty putting any kind of positive spin on my outcome of the vaccine registration process being a webpage screen that tells me I have an appointment date in 1970!!!  ????

Same here I can only assume that the 1970 is there to allow it to work ????

1 minute ago, Exploring Thailand said:

???? Just roll up to the centre tomorrow and tell them that you're sorry you're a bit late, but can you have your vaccination now please?

Re 1970....

"But, but, but, I DO have an appointment!!!"  ????

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You'd qualify by virtue of being over 60, obviously, that's what is stated.

WRONG. As I've outlined meticulously in my post, the ONLY thing than matters is the immigration office that last stamped your extension of stay. NOTHING else matters. NOTHING.

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

So hopeless that their system allowed you to register as it said it would, eh?

If it had I would have been given an appointment date and time, it did not. I doubt anyone will get an email with the the date and time.

Edited by clivebaxter
  • Like 2

Just now, J Town said:

I got through at 1730 on 7 June, entered all my info successfully, and received the following. (Not sure if this qualifies as a working system)

Vaccine Appointment.jpg

Join the club...  That seems to be the predominant result thus far today....