Expats over 60 urged to register for vaccine on Thai govt site

webfact

It said that the vaccination centres are in Bangkok and later on in Pattaya. So what about the rest of the country?
I had no problem in registering and it said it would send me an email to confirm the place and time.  I live a long way from Bangkok so I hope they don't expect it to go there to get a vaccine. I'm far too old to travel their website did mention to bring evidence of existing medical problems and lifted them. Will you tip to see what happens

8 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

I cannot even see a ''section that's supposed to let you choose a date for the vaccine". Just says for my account:

Vaccine booking information

Date

01 Jan 1970

Place

-

Time

-

Status

Wait for an email confirmation from [email protected]

That appears to be all most are getting - got same thing at 1430.

8 minutes ago, monsieurhappy said:

I do NOT belong to any "organisation" but this seems to be stopping my application going through!!

What have you guys put for this question??

Type of extension - retirement or such.  

13 minutes ago, rwill said:

I got to the part where you select what vaccine, hospital, and date you want.  But no eligible dates show up for any of the combinations of vaccine and hospital.

At first it took several minutes for each page to load but then it got faster.  Until you get to select a date which shows no availability.

13 minutes ago, rwill said:

I got to the part where you select what vaccine, hospital, and date you want.  But no eligible dates show up for any of the combinations of vaccine and hospital.

At first it took several minutes for each page to load but then it got faster.  Until you get to select a date which shows no availability.

Screenshot (41).png

ATTENTION!

Everyone please take note of rwill's image. I mentioned above that the allowed dates are hard to see because they are almost the same lightness as greyed out dates.

Your calendar image above and copied below,  shows June 22 onwards as open!

This is exactly what I saw when I registered for June 23. I wonder how many are missing this. Good luck!

Screenshot (41).png

Edited by rabas

10 minutes ago, rwill said:

OMG.   As soon as I took this screenshot available dates showed up.

Have you been able to book a date and time?

6 hours ago, pookiki said:

I will be VERY SURPRISED if this website works after 3:00 pm.  Vimut has already postponed all vaccinations because of 'government' allocation.  Now, I will be able to get an appointment after already registering with Vimut?  I don't think so.

It allowed me to register without issues just now.

6 hours ago, Enzian said:

One weird thing is that you have to enter SOME year date, but the oldest allowed is 1940. I was born in the final days of 1939 so TIT and  left it at 1940. 

Maybe those over 80 aren't eligible for the Sinovac/AZ, hence no available year of birth?   

I appreciate and thank Thailand for efforts to offer vaccine to those of us whose are retired from other countries and living fill-time in Thailand. (Especially if we have Thai families). However, although over 60 and at risk due to health concerns, I will await the import of Pfizer and or Moderna vaccines.

My wife and I have both successfully registered on a Chiang Mai website.  I am definitely over 60 though my wife is just under 50, but we both have pre-existing conditions.  I filled out the registration form in English.  My wife did it in Thai.  She was offered a choice between Sinovac and AZ while I was not.  We received notifications that our registrations had been received and we would be contacted later with a date, time, and place for the first jab.  If offered AZ, we will both take it, but we will not accept any Chinese vaccines.

• Like 1

HOGWASH. Here is what actually happens. What ACTUALLY happened to ME and about 100 others today at Immigration Samui.

It doesn't matter one whit how old you are. It doesn't matter your medical problems. It doesn't matter where you actually LIVE. Does not even matter if you OWN PROPERTY in a particular place.

Here is the ONLY thing that the "system" recognizes. It is the immigration office that provided the last stamp on your extension of stay.

Doesn't matter if you've lived in the country for a decade. Doesn't matter if you have homes or apartments in multiple cities. It ONLY matters what Immigration office (e.g. "Chonburi" or "Samui") last stamped your passport.

Doesn't matter if you have a multi-year apartment rental contract. Doesn't matter if you've done 3 90-day reports in the place where you currently live. ONLY MATTERS who last stamped you passport. 

Here is the MONUMENTAL STUPIDITY on which getting a vaccine rests: If you used to live in Pattaya, you can't get a vaccine in Samui. If you currently live in Samui, you can't get a vaccine in Pattaya.

THE HOSPITAL PEOPLE are sympathetic, encouraging. They are HORRIFIED by government policy. But they are STUCK with it.

Best bet: FLY HOME TO YOUR OWN COUNTRY. GET THE VACCINE. LIVE. DON'T COME BACK.

Now THAT will help tourism, WON'T IT????

Edited by AJR3RD
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Skallywag said:

What if you are over 60 but NOT living with these conditions?

• Severe Chronic Respiratory Diseases (CRDs)
  • Coronary artery disease (CAD)
  • Chronic kidney disease (CKD) (5th stage)
  • Stroke
  • Cancer patients receiving chemotherapy
  • Diabetes
  • Obesity (weight > 100 kg or BMI > 35 kg/m²)

You'd qualify by virtue of being over 60, obviously, that's what is stated.

18 minutes ago, rabas said:

ATTENTION!

Everyone please take note of rwill's image. I mentioned above that the allowed dates are hard to see because they are almost the same lightness as greyed out dates.

Your calendar image above and copied below,  shows June 22 onwards as open!

This is exactly what I saw when I registered for June 23. I wonder how many are missing this. Good luck!

Screenshot (41).png

I never got any screen like that....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KhonKaenAde said:

What a joke, just registered as per the advice given and it’s given me an appointment on 1 January 1970, absolute rubbish, they’ve no intention of vaccinating foreigners

59EB9697-2DA2-4295-921B-F2F40F5D46D8.png

This is a default computer date stamp, they just haven't programmed the thing probably,

what a surprise eh.

4 minutes ago, KhonKaenAde said:

What a joke, just registered as per the advice given and it’s given me an appointment on 1 January 1970, absolute rubbish, they’ve no intention of vaccinating foreigners

59EB9697-2DA2-4295-921B-F2F40F5D46D8.png

Time to dust off the Delorean

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rabas said:

I had to manually choose the hospital assignment and the vaccine.

Go back and look for that. Can you do that?

Nope, absolutely no options for that on my first go round...

And then later, after seeing your post above, I logged back into the website, to try to see if I could amend or otherwise update my original registration.

And once logging in for the second time, it just took me straight to that original screen with the 1970 appointment date, and no location, no vaccine info whatsoever, and no apparently way to make any change or update to the original registration.

• Like 1

why not just vaccinate people over 60 years and let the rest of us skip it and let us travel and live life as we used to. I refuse ro take any vaccine that is given me a higher risk of getting sick or complications than I would by getting covid-19.