Expats over 60 urged to register for vaccine on Thai govt site

webfact

The guy who I have my morning Starbucks with just got his confirmation email for Phaythai2 (Thailandintervac) vaccination tomorrow. I am on 24th (over 60 with a miserable list of other qualifying issues) so fingers crossed.

I got my AZ jab at Phayathai 2 on Friday via the intervac website, it was a quick and painless process. No proof of illnesses requested, they just took passport and cross referenced the number with their appointment schedule, then onto the first desk where some questions were asked re address etc, you then add your height and weight to the form and tick some boxes re previous or current illnesses, the blood pressure test, and then the jab, all told 20 minutes from start to finish followed by half an hour in observation room before being sent away with my next jab appointment for September.

Thankfully no side effects.

Edited to add my confirmation email came late on the Thursday, 15.49.  

Also one guy there was trying to change from AZ to Astra Zenica but was refused as the batch numbers were exact for the booking, you will get whatever you selected on the website.

Edited by kingkenny
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/18/2021 at 9:36 AM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Please do post here with whatever happens... You get a confirming email the day before  or not? Your appointment is honored or not?

It will be helpful to all those, myself included, who have supposed appointments in the following days!

I had my AZ jab at Phayathai 2 on 18th, I received confirmation email at 15.49 on 17th.

2 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

The guy who I have my morning Starbucks with just got his confirmation email for Phaythai2 (Thailandintervac) vaccination tomorrow. I am on 24th (over 60 with a miserable list of other qualifying issues) so fingers crossed.

Thanks for this, I'm booked for the 24th at P2.  I'm a bit more hopeful that it'll actually happen reading this.

2 hours ago, kingkenny said:

I got my AZ jab at Phayathai 2 on Friday via the intervac website, it was a quick and painless process. No proof of illnesses requested, they just took passport and cross referenced the number with their appointment schedule, then onto the first desk where some questions were asked re address etc, you then add your height and weight to the form and tick some boxes re previous or current illnesses, the blood pressure test, and then the jab, all told 20 minutes from start to finish followed by half an hour in observation room before being sent away with my next jab appointment for September.

Also one guy there was trying to change from AZ to Astra Zenica but was refused as the batch numbers were exact for the booking, you will get whatever you selected on the website.

What is the number of weeks between doses? Just want to see if they have officially reduced the gap from 16 weeks to 10-12 weeks. Thanks.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kingkenny said:

Thanks. Are you younger than 60 hence your comment "No proof of illnesses requested"? For over 60 they should not need anyway?

With regards your confirmation email, is there any option to change appointment, change vaccine or cancel?

Thanks.

5 hours ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

What is the number of weeks between doses? Just want to see if they have officially reduced the gap from 16 weeks to 10-12 weeks. Thanks.  

june 18th to September 10th, 12 weeks I think

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

Thanks. Are you younger than 60 hence your comment "No proof of illnesses requested"? For over 60 they should not need anyway?

With regards your confirmation email, is there any option to change appointment, change vaccine or cancel?

Thanks.

yes I am under 60, nobody was providing any document other than passport, they didn't even ask for the printed email. The email does state to bring proof but as I say it wasn't asked for at the hospital. Below is the email wording.

Dear Sir/Madam

Refer to your appointment for the COVID-19 vaccine on 18 June 2021 at 14:00 with Phyathai 2 Hospital.

We would like to inform you that your appointment has been approved. You must present this email with your passport/ Thai National ID Card to the medical staff at the hospital.

Note:

Please prepare proof indicating your name and medical history if you registered under the underlying groups. Hospitals reserve the right to deny services or postpone appointments if false information is given.

Please make sure you get to the hospital on time. If you do not arrive at the hospital on the date and time of your reservation, your appointment will be canceled.

Details of the hospital appointment are

9th floor, Parking A building, Phyathai 2 Hospital

943, Phahonyothin Rd., Samsen Nai, Phaya Thai, Bangkok

Location of Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/kuxMf7SQbBne9ZTq5 

With best regards,

Office of International Cooperation (OIC), the Department of Disease Control Thailand (DDC)

• Thanks 1

On 6/20/2021 at 1:48 PM, riclag said:

Exactly ! I also gave a refundable deposit to be on a M vacc list at one of the Udon Private Hospital's !

Expected arrival between Oct-Dec ! 

Quoted 3.8k plus any potential  Dr fee's 

Bangkok Phuket Hospital has a notice at the main entrance saying (from memory): This hospital is not accepting registrations for vaccination

Edited by Farang99

On 6/19/2021 at 12:41 PM, placeholder said:

One of the reasons they're pushing it is because it's what they can get now.

Another reason may be that last year CP bought 15% of Sinovac. Also a few weeks ago it was announced by Chulabhorn Royal Academy that they would import Sinopharm vaccine (still Chinese but better than Sinovac), 5 weeks later it arrived, so it is proven that other vaccines can be acquired at short notice. Last year the private hospitals were trying to import vaccines for their use, blocked by the government. Eventually the government allowed the importation of Moderna and maybe a few others, but delivery late this year. So basically the government has either dropped the ball or have been trying to limit the vaccine supply purely to Sinovac and the locally produced AZ for probably the usual reasons.

Cheers

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Litlos said:

Another reason may be that last year CP bought 15% of Sinovac. Also a few weeks ago it was announced by Chulabhorn Royal Academy that they would import Sinopharm vaccine (still Chinese but better than Sinovac), 5 weeks later it arrived, so it is proven that other vaccines can be acquired at short notice. Last year the private hospitals were trying to import vaccines for their use, blocked by the government. Eventually the government allowed the importation of Moderna and maybe a few others, but delivery late this year. So basically the government has either dropped the ball or have been trying to limit the vaccine supply purely to Sinovac and the locally produced AZ for probably the usual reasons.

Cheers

Is Sinopharm's vaccine an improvement on Sinovac? And while Chulabhorn was able to get more Sinopharm, it only proves that Sinopharm was immediately available. It says nothing about other vaccines' availability or even, for that matter, the further availability of Sinopharm.

It does seem likely, though, that considerations that had nothing to do with public health trumped those that did. 

On 6/21/2021 at 7:50 AM, MRToMRT said:

I am on the 24th too - good luck to us! ???? Will let you know when I receive my confirmation email!

I received a dose of AZ today, 22nd, at MedPark hospital on Rama 4 Rd. Was there a little over an hour. There was a certain amount of chaos: check in was a bit more complicated than expected, and then for example a woman calling out queue numbers while two Thai guys were talking on their phones behind me, no screen display, etc. My Thai gf being with me made a big difference as usual. Maybe as many as a third of the people there looked foreign, white and other. Received a second appointment 12 weeks out, September 14. 

13 hours ago, DefaultName said:

Well, I got my confirmation email just now.  24th at Phyathai 2.  No mention of which vaccine though.  Fingers crossed for AZ, but I'll take what they have, anything is better than nothing.

Good news. Did you register via https://thailandintervac.com/

When doing so you choose the vaccine? Otherwise cannot make an appointment?

I have done so with a date same as you at same hospital but not got any email since.

4 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

Good news. Did you register via https://thailandintervac.com/

When doing so you choose the vaccine? Otherwise cannot make an appointment?

I have done so with a date same as you at same hospital but not got any email since.

Yes, the original version.  I did choose AZ, but then it pretty much said " you'll get what we give you".  I'll find out tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

On 6/21/2021 at 10:32 AM, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Just read they are considering bringing the dosage times down to 8 weeks.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/gap-between-two-astrazeneca-vaccine-doses-to-be-reduced-to-8-weeks/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

If you read back from a previous poster - about his conversation with Phyathai 2 hospital on FB, they mentioned about contacting you! before appointment!

here/.

Regarding Bangkok, had an interesting FB chat with Phyathai II Hospital's EN staff regarding people who booked vaccine appointments with them via the Intervac website for later this month....

I wanted to know if, at this point, the appointments scheduled for the last week of June were still valid, postponed, canceled or what?  And this was the conversation that ensued:

"Me: Question.... A lot of expats were able to schedule vaccine appointments at P2 for the period June 23-30 via the government's Intervac website.... Can you advise... are those appointments going to be honored... or have they been canceled or delayed at this point? No one can access the Intervac website right now to check their status.

Phyathai 2 Hospital English: The office of Department of Disease Control will send an email to all registered persons to confirm or postpone the appointment one day prior to vaccination date. We suggest you wait for an email of them.

Me: No one has gotten any kind of email from DDC.... they aren't sending out emails to ANYONE!

Phyathai 2 Hospital English: It will be sent one day before your appointment.  For example, if your vaccine date is on 23rd of June, the email will be sent on 22nd of June

Me: You're really not answering my question... At this point, are the appointments set for June 23-30 still valid, or have been postponed?

Phyathai 2 Hospital English: We cannot confirm the appointment at the moment. We does not receive an update from Ministry of Public Health. But we receive the list of persons one day in advance. The persons who receive confirmation from Ministry of Public Health get vaccinated.

Me: ok... thanks for clarifying that....  only problem is... among all the expats I know...including those who have already gone for vaccines, NO ONE has ever received any email from DDC....

Phyathai 2 Hospital English: In case of not receiving any email, and you would like to confirm, you can send an email to check with us [the evening before] at [email protected]. Otherwise, you can call us in the morning of vaccine date.

Me: OK... got it! What number to call? Or what extension once people get the switchboard?

Phyathai 2 Hospital English: The number to call is 02-617-2444, ext. 2047, 2057."

Hope the above is helpful to folks with Phyathai II appointments.

Edited by Martinpeter

2 minutes ago, Martinpeter said:

I think generally the email comes evening before your appointment date? - my appointment is this Friday! still waiting? if not i will email Phyathai 2 (details above) tomorrow evening?

cheers

My appointment is Thursday, my email came Tuesday evening.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Martinpeter said:

Hope the above is helpful to folks with Phyathai II appointments.

Thanks. I was about to try this and then I got the email anyway.

My appointment was for 24-Jun, made two weeks ago by me, and the first and only email came the day before 23-Jun around mid day.

I just received this email from the US Embassy today so I thought I'd share it here.  Take it for what it's worth, as I'm beginning to feel jaded about anything remotely sounding like good news. 

Click on the image to enlarge it; below the image aer links if you want to follow up with anything mentioned in the email.

1708005786_snapshot_2021-06-23at3_05_51PM.jpg.7ef6f2bcc8126bae4a2ac2d90e2a282c.jpg

If you are an American Citizen, please write an email to [email protected], outlining your grievances about the current expat vaccination situation here in Thailand.

The email I received today indicates they are now responding to Americans about this problem, whereas only a week ago, they were not.

As they put it in an email to me, "...Your input allows the American Citizens Services unit to better assist U.S. citizens in Thailand by providing real-world examples we can use in our advocacy with the Thai government. ..."

It only takes a few minutes of your time, ya know?

LINKS: