Expats over 60 urged to register for vaccine on Thai govt site

webfact

8 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

Yes, but it did work when people getting vaccines this week were able to register on it. Agree now its useless af. I cannot even log in to check my status is still OK for a jab this week.

Sorry maybe i missed something got too depressed with it all to check back on here until now. I did check the intervac/expatriates site maybe 20 odd times and it was never open. The site has now changed to state the round of appointments is full etc. Was the site really open for a period??

Is there any chance to register at a local gov hospital - has anyone done so in Bangkok?

(i am covered under the Thai social service insurance and do have a pink ID card if that makes any difference)

Thanks

Edited by fcbkk
typo

3 minutes ago, fcbkk said:

I did check the intervac/expatriates site maybe 20 odd times and it was never open. The site has now changed to state the round of appointments is full etc. Was the site really open for a period??

Yes it was open, it was the only way I managed to get an appointment. Agree it had issues and not easy. I understand we now have to wait for it to open again once they get the vaccine stocks available. A message to this effect came from my embassy today. No other choice.

I did try the Mo Prom app (to register at a local gov hospital in Bangkok) using Thai ID but never got an answer ever. If I was to try again I'd wait for Intervac to open again.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

Yes it was open, it was the only way I managed to get an appointment. Agree it had issues and not easy. I understand we now have to wait for it to open again once they get the vaccine stocks available. A message to this effect came from my embassy today. No other choice.

I did try the Mo Prom app (to register at a local gov hospital in Bangkok) using Thai ID but never got an answer ever. If I was to try again I'd wait for Intervac to open again.

Thank you. The site had no issues and seemed a simple single page - there was just plainly no action possible every time i checked. Must have been open for 1 second between midnight and 0 o'clock.

The Mor Prom App had been taken offline a few weeks ago, but i read somewhere it is supposed to be used again starting tomorrow i believe. Rather than using Mor Prom i was wondering if it makes sense to go in person to the hospital where i am registered, but not sure this is worth the effort (and risk). 

It may well be worth it to go in person. One reason why I didn't get into the first group vaccinated by Bumrungrad was that they expected people to walk in and show the More Prom app page on one's phone over the counter-the opposite of what the government spokesman was saying on television. After I got that straightened out, Bumrungrad surprised me by calling and saying I had July 13. But I got a shot of AZ at MedPark on Tuesday 22nd, with a second scheduled 12 weeks out, and I'm hoping I can leverage the still existing 7/13 appointment to something more like 8 or 9 weeks.

Edited by Enzian
error

On 6/22/2021 at 10:57 AM, placeholder said:

Is Sinopharm's vaccine an improvement on Sinovac? And while Chulabhorn was able to get more Sinopharm, it only proves that Sinopharm was immediately available. It says nothing about other vaccines' availability or even, for that matter, the further availability of Sinopharm.

It does seem likely, though, that considerations that had nothing to do with public health trumped those that did. 

Sinopharm is 73% compared to Sinovac 52% and AZ 90%+, so yes is better, but still not the best, though Sinopharm is shown as the highest priced of all vaccines. It has just been announced Thailand is ordering another 28 million doses of Sinovac, enough said on that as Anutin had a beaming smile when announcing, I wonder why? What I am interested in is the Australian government has now decreed AZ is only for over 60's or special request and ordered 40 million Pfizer to compensate. The lab in Aust is apparently going to manufacture 50 million doses with delivery of a million a week since April/May. So it looks like about 40 million doses of AZ are going to be available. The uptake on the AZ has been slow in Australia  due to blood clot issues, so there are probably a few million doses sitting around already, would be nice if these could make there way to Thailand. But probably not for the usual reasons.

Cheers

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Martinpeter said:

I have my appointment tomorrow pm at Phyathai 2?

Waiting for my DDC email still?

Should be today, I hope?

Can you go still if no email comes?

Do they CHK email?

Cheers

Me and the wife have 2pm tomorrow also. No email either yet. But only Sinovac was available when I signed up. Hope they let me switch it to AZ

1 hour ago, Martinpeter said:

I have my appointment tomorrow pm at Phyathai 2?

Waiting for my DDC email still?

Should be today, I hope?

Can you go still if no email comes?

Do they CHK email?

Cheers

People have been getting afternoon/evening before shot day.

Martinpeter posted this yesterday:

Phyathai 2 Hospital English: In case of not receiving any email, and you would like to confirm, you can send an email to check with us [the evening before] at [email protected]. Otherwise, you can call us in the morning of vaccine date.

Phone number for above is 02 617 2444 x2047 or x2057

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Same here for 1400

I had my appointment yesterday.  I got there at 12.30 for my 2pm slot.  Lots of people already in the queue - I got 27.  I'd get there as early as possible as when I left just after 2 there was a massive queue.  Having said that, they have a good system going and can shift people quite quickly.  Good Luck!

15 hours ago, Enzian said:

It may well be worth it to go in person. One reason why I didn't get into the first group vaccinated by Bumrungrad was that they expected people to walk in and show the More Prom app page on one's phone over the counter-the opposite of what the government spokesman was saying on television. After I got that straightened out, Bumrungrad surprised me by calling and saying I had July 13. But I got a shot of AZ at MedPark on Tuesday 22nd, with a second scheduled 12 weeks out, and I'm hoping I can leverage the still existing 7/13 appointment to something more like 8 or 9 weeks.

Thanks Enzian. However, i am just under 60 without chronic conditions and the first round of registrations was supposed to be for over 60's, hence at the time i did not try either the Mor Prohm App nor the website registration routes. 

Since 14-June the registration was/should have been officially available for <60s as well, but neither does the website accept any data entry nor does the Mor Prom route work. Supposedly its use should have restarted today so i just tried it, but it stops after entry of all personal data showing a helpful popup notice asking to "fill in all data" (which i obviously did). Perhaps it has now been disabled for farang ID numbers?

So that leaves only a personal visit to the hospital, who will likely point me to use the unusable website. 

Anyhow, stay well and all the best for your vax.

11 minutes ago, fcbkk said:

Thanks Enzian. However, i am just under 60 without chronic conditions and the first round of registrations was supposed to be for over 60's, hence at the time i did not try either the Mor Prohm App nor the website registration routes. 

Since 14-June the registration was/should have been officially available for <60s as well, but neither does the website accept any data entry nor does the Mor Prom route work. Supposedly its use should have restarted today so i just tried it, but it stops after entry of all personal data showing a helpful popup notice asking to "fill in all data" (which i obviously did). Perhaps it has now been disabled for farang ID numbers?

So that leaves only a personal visit to the hospital, who will likely point me to use the unusable website. 

Anyhow, stay well and all the best for your vax.

Thailandintervac currently only has a "Report Bugs" tab. Surprised you were able to get into it. This has been the status quo since the data breach fiasco was publicised; I think they've just canned it because they're having a sad about loss of face, and/or they just don't have any reliable source of vaccine, or if they did, it's being re-purposed to other more grateful recipients, like conglomerates' staff.

46 minutes ago, samtam said:

Thailandintervac currently only has a "Report Bugs" tab. Surprised you were able to get into it. This has been the status quo since the data breach fiasco was publicised; I think they've just canned it because they're having a sad about loss of face, and/or they just don't have any reliable source of vaccine, or if they did, it's being re-purposed to other more grateful recipients, like conglomerates' staff.

The website looks the same to me. I tried the Mor Prohm Line App earlier today.

The Mor Prohm App did not have any privacy/data issues as far as I know. But there were other usability issues and they decided to take it offline a few weeks ago. I had read somewhere they were improving the system and Mor Prohm would be available again for registrations starting today, hence (as I do have a pink ID card) i tried. 

But not successfully. It does not give an error notice "no foreign ID" or anything specific, only "enter all data" (which i obviously did). My guess is that the non-Thai numbers have been disabled and foreign nationals are supposed to only use the intervac website, which in turn is not available for registration. Perhaps they are improving the data security aspects, or they wait until more doses are available before the site is opened again. Either way, there seems no viable route to register.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Winegeeker said:

We got text message confirmation 15:00 appointment 

guess i will inquire about AZ instead of Sinovac once I get there

As mentioned in my earlier post, an asian guy requested the staff change his sinovac for AZ but he was told no, he had to have the one he selected on the intervac site as the numbers and allocation were precise.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2021 at 12:14 PM, Winegeeker said:

We got text message confirmation 15:00 appointment 

guess i will inquire about AZ instead of Sinovac once I get there

I have been there and got the first jab this week at Pyathai2. There is no chance of changing vaccines. They already have what you asked for printed out before you get to speak to anyone. The stock balances must be run exactly as ordered online to reduce wastage. If you want to change cancel your visit and try again later when the registration sites open again.

Yes same I went to Phyathai for my first AZ vaccine as booked. System seems ok, took about 2 hrs total seems very busy over 800 tickets issued today!

Thank you for good service!

I seem ok now!

Cheers back appointment in September next time!

Cheers

You guys who had successful vaccinations, did it seem like they were still catching up to all the delayed appointments due to lack of vaccines? 

Here it is, almost two weeks now and the Intervac site shows bloody nothing, still only with the Report Bugs button. 

I have a bad feeling about this. No news on AZ deliveries from the factory. When some are delivered, I think it's going to be stop/start for many weeks. My crystal ball says I'm not going to get a slot until August at the earliest now.

22 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

AZ shot at Phathai2 today - two nurse stations doing AZ and two doing Sinovac - your online reservation is used for that.  Arrived 1210 and departed 1415.

Thanks for sharing mate, very helpful.

Out of interest - what date were you given for your 2nd jab ?

On 6/25/2021 at 4:05 PM, lopburi3 said:

Then sent to other side of room for BP test (if you fail - as I did - you go to doctor area and wait for his OK/check) after go to shot area (four cubes) and called by number and get shot.  After shot go to 3rd room on other side of elevators to wait 30 minutes and called by number with further appointment slip and fee to depart (removing sticker and get I got my shot tag).

My experience was similar although before the BP test there was an additional form to sign on a clip board that I had to check all the boxes and say I wanted the jab. Then at the end "further appointment slip and fee to depart" should read 'free to depart'. No costs involved at all.           

8 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

My experience was similar although before the BP test there was an additional form to sign on a clip board that I had to check all the boxes and say I wanted the jab. Then at the end "further appointment slip and fee to depart" should read 'free to depart'. No costs involved at all.           

Indeed mistype (or brain dead - maybe the vaccine?).  That form of bio/medical data did report in the other topic (need metric weight/height) - forgot to include here.  Thanks.

I have not found any website actively accepting registration. The only reference I found was a notice in Bangkok Phuket hospital saying "Not accepting registrations" which is not much help. I would love to get my name on a register If I could see somewhere to do it

'I am 86, so it will be a tossup whether the virus or the vaccine gets me first

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Farang99 said:

I have not found any website actively accepting registration. The only reference I found was a notice in Bangkok Phuket hospital saying "Not accepting registrations" which is not much help. I would love to get my name on a register If I could see somewhere to do it

'I am 86, so it will be a tossup whether the virus or the vaccine gets me first

This continues to be the sign up website for foreigners over 60 - but as you note it has not had any vaccine available (not open for reservations) for several weeks - just a notice to keep trying - with luck you may hit it at the right time and get registered before the year 2525 (Gregorian calendar).

https://www.thailandintervac.com/

Edited by lopburi3