Expats over 60 urged to register for vaccine on Thai govt site

webfact

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Can't wait o get your name down eh!

From what  read registering at a few of the local hospitals is proving better.

For public rollout?  Which hospitals have you heard of that are doing that in ChonBuri province?

Edited by WaveHunter

3 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

For public rollout?  Which hospitals have you heard of that are doing that in ChonBuri province?

Someone posted here he got a jab at PCH from a registration he made in May. Also you can put yourself on a list at PIH and maybe (not sure) The Memorial....  sounds as good as these unsecure website fraught with problems

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Someone posted here he got a jab at PCH from a registration he made in May. Also you can put yourself on a list at PIH and maybe (not sure) The Memorial....  sounds as good as these unsecure website fraught with problems

You can get on the list at Memorial, for Moderna.  But.  They're expecting it in October and they want paid now.  Not happening.

17 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

You can get on the list at Memorial, for Moderna.  But.  They're expecting it in October and they want paid now.  Not happening.

No, I don't think I want to pay in advance either, Thailand doesn't usually do refunds.

On 6/16/2021 at 2:17 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So if you managed to snag an appointment via the Intervac website and are going to the hospital now or in the coming two weeks, please do let other folks here know what's going on.... 

I haven't been there but CNA did a few tweets from the start of this week from Phayathai 2 vaccine center:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

i heard yesterday they got another 600.000 AZ vaccines now + 1 million more tomorrow? not sure if appointments will be affected next week at hospitals/centers!

i manged to get through the app last week for Phyathai 2 hospital AZ vaccine on 25th? pm.

i chk the app regularly and it says same date/time?

lets wait and c? I will be <deleted> off if i travel the long way there and its cancelled?

Phyathai 3 have a line app you can register now and purchase your vaccine! in future?

cheers

• Like 1

The Khaosod English website has been running a regular chart showing the pace of vaccinations since the June 7 start of the official vaccination campaign:

224930581_DailyVaccinesChart.jpg.1dfcc84e7d1216c38330dab75edffb4d.jpg

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1405406075931693059

Bottom line: the 222,967 doses administered yesterday were less than half of the peak of 472,128 doses given on the 2nd day of the campaign, June 8. And this week has been on a downward trend daily since Monday.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Martinpeter said:

i heard yesterday they got another 600.000 AZ vaccines now + 1 million more tomorrow? not sure if appointments will be affected next week at hospitals/centers!

Yes, anutin confirmed the 600k and 1 MM lots today, but those have to flow through a very convoluted supply chain - at least three steps if not more, so doubt any of those will reach vaccination points much before Saturday or Sunday.

Those should last 5 ~ 7 days, best case.

The pump and hose need to be primed each time when they run out.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DefaultName said:

That is not true AT ALL!  I am on the waiting list for Moderna at PMH, and I have had several email exchanges with them.  They do not yet know the date they will receive vaccine and make that very clear in all of they're responses.  It could be as early as August, according to the Private Hospital Association. Furthermore, they never requested payment in advance from me.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

That is not true AT ALL!  I am on the waiting list for Moderna at PMH, and I have had several email exchanges with them.  They do not yet know the date they will receive vaccine and make that very clear in all of they're responses.  It could be as early as August, according to the Private Hospital Association. Furthermore, they never requested payment in advance from me.

Well, they asked me to go in and pay to get on the list.  It was only this morning and I'm not senile yet.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tinca tinca said:

and just HOW does one register when the online platform is always down ?????!!!!

You don't.  Have to wait until it is active again (should be soon as new shipments of vaccine have been put into system but may have to wait until next week).

17 hours ago, DefaultName said:

Well, they asked me to go in and pay to get on the list.  It was only this morning and I'm not senile yet.

Well, I owe you an apology.  When I'm wrong I admit it. 

I just got a text message this morning from the hospital confirming what you said.  Even though they told me last week I was already registered.

So, they now say I must come down to the hospital before 25 June, and pay in advance for both doses in cash for a total of 4000 THB.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

So, they now say I must come down to the hospital before 25 June, and pay in advance for both doses in cash for a total of 4000 THB.

Go get 20,000 out of the bank and register at 5 of them!

9 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Well, I owe you an apology.  When I'm wrong I admit it. 

I just got a text message this morning from the hospital confirming what you said.  Even though they told me last week I was already registered.

Interesting. 

Not terribly surprising.

Are they giving a time estimate?

Do they have a refund policy if they fail to procure vaccines by a certain date, ha ha?

I guess I can understand their problem. As many of us are going to take the first available vaccine. 

In my case if I get AstraZeneca sooner I will go for it.

So assuming lots of expats would do the same they would probably be over ordering if they base their shopping based on people on an unpaid list.

Edited by Jingthing

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You might think of paying Pattaya Memorial 4000 baht as an option contract on a future vaccine. Maybe wasted money, maybe a wise move.

I'd call it more of a crapshoot myself LOL. 

This is so damn annoying!  I'm supposed to move up to Chiang Mai by end of October.  Now I don't even know where I should even register, down here or up there.  Just totally <deleted>!

Edited by metisdead
Profane acronym removed.
  • Like 1

On 6/17/2021 at 12:54 PM, jacko45k said:

Can't wait to get your name down eh!

From what  read registering at a few of the local hospitals is proving a better idea.

My local hospital in Prachaup  has its own registration system on which locals can enrol 

Sinovac or AZ

Az appointment due for early August

21 minutes ago, poohy said:

My local hospital in Prachaup  has its own registration system on which locals can enrol 

Sinovac or AZ

Az appointment due for early August

The message should have gotten through by now- ignore the government website and contact your local hospital direct

• Like 1