Expats over 60 urged to register for vaccine on Thai govt site

webfact

13 minutes ago, Martinpeter said:

Thank you , you have answered my questions, great! well done!

cheers

hopefully my appointment next week will still be on!

Please do post here with whatever happens... You get a confirming email the day before  or not? Your appointment is honored or not?

It will be helpful to all those, myself included, who have supposed appointments in the following days!

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You might think of paying Pattaya Memorial 4000 baht as an option contract on a future vaccine. Maybe wasted money, maybe a wise move.

Private hospitals are not supposed to take payment now for Moderna.

Once they have the vaccine in hand, they will contact you to arrange an appointment, and at that time you will make full payment (transfer, credit card).

So yes, we will have to pay for both doses, when we confirm the first appointment. 

It sounds like there will be a total of 3.5 MM doses of AZ this month. Previously someone (government, AZ, SBS?) committed to 6 MM doses.

1.9 MM delivered (1.8 MM last week, some locally produced, 117K delivered from SK Bioscience in South Korea in February), with another 600K and 1 MM maybe due today, tomorrow, next week, or by 30 June.

10 MM doses of AZ due in July.

Can't see them making up the 2.5 MM backlog, and the 10 MM in July. Might be lucky to get what 6 MM on 12.5 MM?

Will be interesting to see what happens when second shots start rolling around mid/end Sep. Who gets a first shot, and who gets a second shot? Throw the syringe in and let them fight for it.

Meanwhile Chula says the second dose of Sinovac is the bees-knees.

https://www.newsdirectory3.com/chulalongkorn-university-reveals-research-results-after-2-injections-of-sinovac-found-that-the-immune-system-inhibited-the-infection-higher-than-50/

14 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Please do post here with whatever happens... You get a confirming email the day before  or not? Your appointment is honored or not?

It will be helpful to all those, myself included, who have supposed appointments in the following days!

Yes i will keep you/everyone if i get vaccinated? or not.

cheers

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

It sounds like there will be a total of 3.5 MM doses of AZ this month. Previously someone (government, AZ, SBS?) committed to 6 MM doses.

1.9 MM delivered (1.8 MM last week, some locally produced, 117K delivered from SK Bioscience in South Korea in February), with another 600K and 1 MM maybe due today, tomorrow, next week, or by 30 June.

10 MM doses of AZ due in July.

Can't see them making up the 2.5 MM backlog, and the 10 MM in July. Might be lucky to get what 6 MM on 12.5 MM?

Will be interesting to see what happens when second shots start rolling around mid/end Sep. Who gets a first shot, and who gets a second shot? Throw the syringe in and let them fight for it.

Meanwhile Chula says the second dose of Sinovac is the bees-knees.

https://www.newsdirectory3.com/chulalongkorn-university-reveals-research-results-after-2-injections-of-sinovac-found-that-the-immune-system-inhibited-the-infection-higher-than-50/

They should perhaps look at the Indonesian experience before publishing data. Note the number of deaths of healthcare workers vaccinated with Sinovac. Sinovac is and always will be low on the totem pole of acceptable vaccines. I wonder why they keep pushing it, something CP perhaps?

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/indonesia-covid-19-doctors-hospitalised-delta-variant-vaccinated-15033196

Cheers

Cheers

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Litlos said:

They should perhaps look at the Indonesian experience before publishing data. Note the number of deaths of healthcare workers vaccinated with Sinovac. Sinovac is and always will be low on the totem pole of acceptable vaccines. I wonder why they keep pushing it, something CP perhaps?

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/indonesia-covid-19-doctors-hospitalised-delta-variant-vaccinated-15033196

Cheers

Cheers

One of the reasons they're pushing it is because it's what they can get now.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2021 at 3:36 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

A hopefully good sign for those who have upcoming vaccine appointments at Phyathai II Hospital in BKK... See the following report, in which an Intervac appointment actually led to an expat getting vaccinated, albeit, delayed by a couple days:

899264265_PhyathaiIIvaccineappointment.jpg.df2e2ba2a1fb96645824602543a3f038.jpg

When I chatted on FB the other day with the EN speaking staff at P2 Hospital, the rep I was speaking with claimed they were doing vaccinations daily there still... though we didn't get into details of how many. I was afraid they might have temporarily shut down vaccinations like some other places, but apparently, as the above report confirms, P2 appears to still be vaccinating for those whose appointments have been confirmed by the MoPH.

The above report also confirms what the P2 rep said in our FB chat about the hospital only being willing to vaccinate those who have received a confirming email from the MoPH/DDC, typically the day before one's scheduled appointment. So anyone with an upcoming vaccination appointment at Phyathai II definitely should be keeping a close watch on the email address/account they used to register on the Intervac website.

• Like 1

There also was a second post immediately following in the same thread above of another forum member who had made a vaccination appointment via the Intervac website, receiving the confirming MoPH email, and was successfully vaccinated at Phyathai II on June 17 also...

Curiously, both of the two above reports say they were forum members who registered via the second Intervac/expatriates website for expats in general (as opposed to the initial one for age 60+ folks and those with preexisting conditions). And both of the two forum members reporting above said they were NOT over age 60.

• Thanks 1

Is there any update on this intervac registration site?

Are people able to make appointments? Choose a location? Choose a vaccine?

I see this message right now:

As the current round of vaccination appointments is full, we will be announcing the new round of appointments for vaccination at https://www.thailandintervac.com. We apologize for all inconvenience.

Has this been the situation for a while? Any clue when tickets will go on sale again?

And has the site been secured? Or is it still incontinent?

Edited by mtls2005

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Is there any update on this intervac registration site?

Are people able to make appointments? Choose a location? Choose a vaccine?

I see this message right now:

As the current round of vaccination appointments is full, we will be announcing the new round of appointments for vaccination at https://www.thailandintervac.com. We apologize for all inconvenience.

Can anyone confirm that the UN in Bangkok is now planning to vaccinate (or is in the process of vaccinating) its own personnel, outside of any Thai nationwide program?  The reason I ask is that the announced UN policy is (my italics):

"In duty stations where vaccination through the national programme may not be possible, the Department of Operational Support (DOS) is working to ensure alternative arrangements are put in place for UN personnel and their eligible dependentsvia the UN System-wide COVID-19 Vaccination Programme."   https://www.un.org/sites/un2.un.org/files/coronavirus_vaccinefaq.pdf

1 hour ago, Misty said:

Can anyone confirm that the UN in Bangkok is now planning to vaccinate (or is in the process of vaccinating) its own personnel, outside of any Thai nationwide program?  The reason I ask is that the announced UN policy is (my italics):

"In duty stations where vaccination through the national programme may not be possible, the Department of Operational Support (DOS) is working to ensure alternative arrangements are put in place for UN personnel and their eligible dependentsvia the UN System-wide COVID-19 Vaccination Programme."   https://www.un.org/sites/un2.un.org/files/coronavirus_vaccinefaq.pdf

Vaccinations of UN staff and family members -- total 7,000 in BKK -- has already got underway. A friend works there and had his first Sinovac shot in the last couple of weeks at a hospital. He plans to go to China at some point and you must have a Chinese vaccine to enter.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Your strategy is pretty much the same as what I've decided on:

• I am registered with a private hospital for Moderna when / if it actually becomes available (probably not until October or later)
  • I believe I am registered on InterVac for the public rollout, but since the site is so screwed up I can't confirm I really am, so I'll just keep trying to log in daily to see if they ever go back online again.
  • I will monitor threads like this, though it's becoming pretty difficult lately with so much off-topic talk.
  • If nothing pans out by the end of the summer for the Pattaya area, then I will probably fly back to my home country for vaccination and be done with all of this nonsense, even though that will be quite expensive, probably involve being quarantined on arrival, and then possibly again on arrival back here...(six weeks and probably US$5000 in cost)

It really sucks to think of being unvaccinated until October,  but here in the Magic Kingdom, it is what it is.

I think a lot of us are thinking along the same lines. The government seems determined to reopen to vaccinated foreigners before the end of the year come what may. Assuming that their announced dates of 1st October or 16th October are too optimistic, it's not unreasonable to hope that they'll have things sorted out one way or another by December. So planning on an arrival date in mid-December would mean flying back home (the UK in my case) at the start of October. That would allow me to do 10 days in self-isolation at home as required, then get the first jab, wait four weeks for the second one, and then another four weeks for it to reach maximum effectiveness before flying back to Thailand. That seems to me to be the cheapest and simplest and safest option if vaccines simply don't appear here.

The one thing that could screw things up there is if Thailand experiences a really serious outbreak later in the year and is forced to give up its planes for reopening, but if that happens then you'll be much safer in your own country anyway.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2021 at 1:39 PM, clivebaxter said:

The message should have gotten through by now- ignore the government website and contact your local hospital direct

Exactly ! I also gave a refundable deposit to be on a M vacc list at one of the Udon Private Hospital's !

Expected arrival between Oct-Dec ! 

Quoted 3.8k plus any potential  Dr fee's 

Edited by riclag

Surprise. Bumrungrad called this morning 20th and said they're giving me an appointment for AZ on July 13. I told them I have appointment from intervax this Tuesday 22nd, but hold that date because I could be cancelled tomorrow Monday. And hold it anyway, I will confirm one way or other, because if they do it but give me a second date 12-16 weeks out, I may want to negotiate a closer date with Bumrungrad, and maybe at a time Phizer is there. I will check the thread referenced above.

7 hours ago, uli65 said:

I am glad I am only 56, no urge and no intention to register for all these garbadge vaccines any time soon.

Wearing the avoidance of these vaccines and civic responsibility like a (gar)badge of honor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Enzian said:

I may want to negotiate a closer date with Bumrungrad, and maybe at a time Phizer is there.

Has Bumrungrad made any sort of commitment to your re: Pfizer? AFAIK, it's the government ordering from Pfizer, 20 MM doses, and these are said to be for children/YA 12-18 YO. I think some are udner the impression that Bumrungrad will be offering Moderna. 

I did see the vaccination station at Bumrungrad, so guess they are dispensing AZ, although not sure where they got it from?

IMG_20210611_073315_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Has Bumrungrad made any sort of commitment to your re: Pfizer? AFAIK, it's the government ordering from Pfizer, 20 MM doses, and these are said to be for children/YA 12-18 YO. I think some are udner the impression that Bumrungrad will be offering Moderna. 

I did see the vaccination station at Bumrungrad, so guess they are dispensing AZ, although not sure where they got it from?

IMG_20210611_073315_HDR.jpg

Many private Hospitals are dispensing AZ as part of the government roll out, I went to one last week. While there the Mrs registered and when she got home registered a couple of neighbours over the phone, nothing to stop foreigners trying.