14 Days Quarantines for Interprovincial Travel

1 hour ago, Ventenio said:

I went to a hospital today for something very minor (don't pray for me, yet)....

i saw a sign:

"Tell us if you have been to Wuhan in the last 14-days."

I will have to remind myself to check for this sign 6-months from now.  

Note:  I've never seen a Chinese person in this city.   If you are from Wuhan, welcome!!!!   

A picture of that sign would be more than enough to send to the international papers to help them understand the lunacy here.

• Like 1

Ten days ago, I came to Bangkok by minivan, from road 304 ( Klong rang, Chachoengsao ) : not stop, no control, only the mini van stops at the entrance of Bangkok,  Mochit closed from this part of Thailand 

two days in Bangkok and came back with taxi, no problems 

poo yai ban told us " no quarantine " ( and I am not sick ????️????️ ) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Presumably there continue to be no restrictions or quarantine requirements for travelling between Bangkok and Pattaya/Rayong, either by car or bus?

None that I have seen or heard of.  As of Sunday I personally know multiple people that have made the trip, round-trip actually, in the same day in one instance, and Saturday-Sunday in a few others.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, n8sail said:

None that I have seen or heard of.  As of Sunday I personally know multiple people that have made the trip, round-trip actually, in the same day in one instance, and Saturday-Sunday in a few others.

Cheers; good to know.  We need to get away for a day or two.

On 6/7/2021 at 8:57 AM, Ventenio said:

We are talking about the safety of the HUMAN RACE!!!  You must put your "urgency" on hold as you do what is safe to protect our species!!!!

This is how we got in this mess to begin with.....

Guy in Wuhan had urgent visa business.......now 8 billion people wear masks.

If they started vaxinating earlier this problrm would not be there but as  always bla bla bla nothing true

On 6/7/2021 at 6:54 AM, Ombra said:

If you don't, someone else might, and then you'd have a problem.

And they do. Last March when we came back from Vietnam I left to return to the UK and almost immediately my wife had a visitation at her hair salon from the Pooyai Baan, some local medical officials and a nurse.  She was asked her about every location she'd visited, with whom and why.  She then received a visit every day for 4  or 5 days - each time asked about her health and her temperature taken. Somebody must have told them she'd been away with her 'dirty farang' husband.

At that time there was no requirement for anything like that as far as I know - in fact the country was still accepting Chinese tourists and people were moving inter-provincial freely.  Quite what authority they were acting on, I know not.

Short answers... 

No & No. 

In the past 5 weeks have bussed from Jomtien to Bangkok, flown to Udon Thani, flown back to Bangkok and taxi to Jomtien. Spent 3 weeks there then taxi to BKK and spent a week there. Beer Garden Soi 7 open until late and serving everything. Music playing and pool table active. Drove yesterday to Korat and overnighted at a friend's. Driving into the big city today for 3 nights, then driving up to Udon to stay a month before hitting the road again. 

ZERO roadblocks, no questions or hassles or even a look anywhere. No paperwork, no quarantine. Travel easy and worry free as ever. Easier actually as traffic is down, busses and planes not full. 

Have a good trip. 

6 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

COVID restrictions vary by province.

Fly to Krabi, no problem.

Fly to Chiang Mai, no problem.

Fly to Chiang Rai, must be vaccinated and/or have Covid test. And quarantine.

And what about flying to Bangkok (from Phuket) ?

Is there any comprehensive website where to find the requirements for every province ?

Drove to Hua Hin from BKK on Friday night, still here.  No issues upon checking into the Dusit Thani hotel or any prohibitions on the beach.  Had dinner on the beach not far away and liquid refreshments were being served in plastic cups. YMMV

Edited by ThailandRyan