COVID-19: Thailand reports 43 deaths, 2,310 new infections

webfact

11 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Interesting. Higher numbers than I expected, so a well done on that. Helped by the focus on the big vaccination sites in Bangkok I suspect.

But it leads to the next problem,. What happens when the vaccine runs out in three days time?

Buy some more....

It is not rocket-science................... the need for 150m doses is well reported.

12 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Interesting. Higher numbers than I expected, so a well done on that. Helped by the focus on the big vaccination sites in Bangkok I suspect.

But it leads to the next problem,. What happens when the vaccine runs out in three days time?

My vaccine appointment through the new site is for the 24th with the AZ vaccine.  We shall see if it gets canceled here as tge date closes in.  If I am successful then tge second jab won't be until late October........it only took me 4 days of screwing around with the app to get an appointment.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Buy some more....

It is not rocket-science................... the need for 150m doses is well reported.

Indeed, the need for doses is well known. Because the population of Thailand is pretty well known, give or take 5 million or so.

what isn’t quite so clear is the delivery schedule for the 150 million doses.

care to fill us in on what that is? Because the cupboard is bare in 3 days time.

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Yes, mate well done Thailand - now they just have to worry about the 1000% more road deaths than the UK each year. 100,000 die in the UK in a once in a lifetime pandemic , whilst the same number die in thailand every 4 years through stupidity !

Well Dick, I think there is a little more to it than just "stupidity".

82% of Thai road deaths are on motorbikes which are way more common due to the differences in income/wealth and weather. Have a smash in your car, your car gets wrecked, have it on a motorbike and you get wrecked.

I think that is why you find the big difference.

I am not sure why English car manufacturers such as RR, Bentley, Jaguar etc produce cars that can go 250 kmh for public roads. 

That is stupidity IMO. Can you explain that? It baffles me.

Anyway, things have vastly improved on the roads since I first came here in the 1970s. Road conditions, vehicle safety features, better helmets etc.

I wish them all the best with their continued development.

45 minutes ago, Petey11 said:

What about the Thai strain, the Thai authorities objected to it been called that, saying it came from Egypt. It's where it was discovered by sequencing, in Thailand. The Kent strain was discovered in Kent, could have originated anywhere, possibly Europe. 

No they back traced the Kent strain which proved it originated in the UK.

The Thai strain was proven to come from Egypt.

I will stick with the facts.

Where are you from Pete?

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Phuket they have only just started vaccinating the over 60's this week

That is right Brian.

Here is a friend of mine getting her vaccination in Phuket on May 19 as you can see by the photo.

She is in her 50s.

She has already had her second dose.

Thanks for the info mate.

1623308461414..jpg

Edited by RobMuir
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

That is absolute rubbish Brian. You keep repeating the same nonsense until you believe it yourself. 

Here is a friend of mine getting her vaccination in Phuket on May 19 as you can see by the photo.

She is in her 50s.

She has already had her second dose.

Please don't post what you imagine to happen as fact. There will be gullible readers that will believe you, then repeat it to other Thais which will make them look absolutely stupid. 

1623308461414..jpg

Guess you need to read my post again, let me remind you:

"Phuket they have only just started vaccinating the over 60's this week"

Astra zeneca only arrived in Phuket on the 7th June

"Phuket is set to receive 140,000 doses of the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine next month. Those who are are over 60 years old, and who have registered for the vaccine, will be the first to get injected. The inoculations with the AstraZeneca jab will start on June 7."

https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/update-on-phukets-covid-19-vaccination-campaign

Your friend is in her 50's as you say.

Now please explain why my statement is:

"That is absolute rubbish Brian. You keep repeating the same nonsense until you believe it yourself."

I'll wait for a reply or can you see the rubbish you've posted?

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Indeed, the need for doses is well known. Because the population of Thailand is pretty well known, give or take 5 million or so.

what isn’t quite so clear is the delivery schedule for the 150 million doses.

care to fill us in on what that is? Because the cupboard is bare in 3 days time.

The schedule is clearly vaccinate the rich and those that make money for the rich quickly then maybe do the poor old and vulnerable later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Vaccination Rollout Since 7th June 2021:

DAY 1: 416,847 doses

DAY 2: 472,128 doses

DAY 3: 336,674 doses

TOTAL: 1,225,649

9th June:

1st Dose: Sinovac 62,291 | AstraZeneca 231,428

2nd Dose: Sinovac 37,453 | AstraZeneca 5,502

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1402862411955118083

These numbers are incredibly suspect in my opinion.

Indonesia with a population of 270M are vaccinating 260,000 per day and Malaysia are managing 150,000 per day.

How is Thailand able to be do so many more people per day? And from a standing start? Most of this countries have ramped up into this kind of daily jab numbers.

Will be interesting to see how many daily jabs they are claiming in 3 days time when it is known that there will be no jabs left if they are being honest about the numbers.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

My vaccine appointment through the new site is for the 24th with the AZ vaccine.  We shall see if it gets canceled here as tge date closes in.  If I am successful then tge second jab won't be until late October........it only took me 4 days of screwing around with the app to get an appointment.

See you on the 24th?

Screenshot_20210610-142531_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

I am not sure why English car manufacturers such as RR, Bentley, Jaguar etc produce cars that can go 250 kmh for public roads. 

That is stupidity IMO. Can you explain that? It baffles me.

Just the English...................????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Currently they say that the Indian strain is responsible for 6% of all cases in Thailand with the remaining being the UK strain, however that was with a sample size of just over 3,000 tests. If they did some surge/mass testing here then I'm pretty sure that figure would be much higher now.

The India strain in the UK went from 0 to 80% in the space of 8 weeks and may delay the next "relaxation" phase. Scientists are worried. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Thanks for waiting Brian.

I think you had better reread my post.

Yes I did, you've edited and deleted it, the whole unedited version is still in my response however, I'll not bother waiting for an apology..........

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

am not sure why English car manufacturers such as RR, Bentley, Jaguar etc produce cars that can go 250 kmh for

A Bentley is a Rolls Royce, owned by the joimans.

Jaguar by Tata.

Anyway, your post & my reply to it are both off topic.

Please Robert, do try to adhere to forum rules.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

No they back traced the Kent strain which proved it originated in the UK.

The Thai strain was proven to come from Egypt.

I will stick with the facts.

Where are you from Pete?

From UK. I wasn't aware of that info so stand corrected. Do you have a link to that research?

In my opinion though the changing to the Greek alphabet to name strains was politically motivated and seemed to coincide with Thai authorities kicking up a fuss when the Thai/Egypt strain surfaced after India complained about the strain identified in their country. Saving face kicked in?

There are thousands of mutations occuring I believe, it's only when a significant or worrying one is identified does it hit the Media.

11 minutes ago, faraday said:

A Bentley is a Rolls Royce, owned by the joimans.

Jaguar by Tata.

Anyway, your post & my reply to it are both off topic.

Please Robert, do try to adhere to forum rules.

Well I was replying to Richard who posted about the car crashes.

I was torn between ignoring him  or going off topic but decided it would have been impolite not to respond.

But thanks for the advice you will make a good m.........r one day.

Take care 

Robbie

• Haha 1

Lalai Sap Market in Silom soi 5 has been closed for deep cleaning after 310 Covid cases were found. A further 7,555 samples are pending results, and more are being collected on site, local news reported on Thursday.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1402895191359463426

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RobMuir said:

Anyway, things have vastly improved on the roads since I first came here in the 1970s. Road conditions, vehicle safety features, better helmets etc.

Really ? so why are they still killing 100,000 of each other every 4 years  ? I guess by your logic roads have gone up about the same as the driver IQ has gone down.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RobMuir said:

I don't have the exact numbers but almost all 60+ year olds I know in Phuket have had at least one, and many are going for their second next week. All health workers have already been done.

They are on track to have 70% done by August.

Sino for over 60s and AZ for under.

Australia has only vaccinated 2.5% so far. 

Funny, I spoke with two different expats that live in Phuket just this afternoon and they said they are way behind with vaccinations there. 

Both guys are in high risk groups and both haven't been vaccinated.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

That’s an interesting stat although without knowing your country it’s hard to draw any conclusion.

do you have the numbers for people who have received both jabs in Phuket by any chance and what the percentage is of the population?

I dont think anybody really knows how many of the Population on Phuket have received both Jabs, or what the percentage of the population is.

Its fair to assume that there may be as many as 40 % who have had only one jab, and possibly 5 % who have had both.

Its also fair to assume that nowhere near the 70 % of the Population have had both Jabs.

With the Governor calling for more help in Track and Trace Application, Border Controls Etc the Island is really lacking in the basics of this opening up.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Really ? so why are they still killing 100,000 of each other every 4 years  ? I guess by your logic roads have gone up about the same as the driver IQ has gone down.

Listen pal, this thread is clearly about covid as our trainee m.......r @faraday has already pointed out. 

the two are completely unrelated.

Your gripes are for another thread. I suggest you take some time out and use that time to read the rules that you agreed to when you you signed up here.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1