Latest news on schools reopening

Just now, brewsterbudgen said:

I'm aware that Shrewsbury arranged vaccinations for parents.  If schools were to insist that parents are vaccinated they should do this as plenty of people have been unable to get jabbed.

That would be good if other schools followed Shrewsbury's example.

On a related matter I note that people are getting vaccinated through a wide variety of sources.Is there a connected database? Hypothetically if someone had his first jab through say Intervac and then sought a second jab (maybe wanted a shorter gap than 16 weeks) through another source, would that be picked up by the system?

Looking forward I note that the UK is now implementing a 3rd booster jab (Pfizer) for the over 50's later this year.I wonder how that will work out in Thailand in 2022 if the same approach is.Will we have to use the same source as the first 2 jabs?

1 hour ago, jayboy said:

You are correct.What you omit however is CDC's statement that the vaccines are highly effective in preventing serious illness, hospitalization and death in vaccinated people.

But.... that brings me back to my original comment, That it makes no sense to have everyone in the home vaccinated when the vaccines do not keep you from getting it and spreading it.  The preventing serious illness, hospitalization and death is not the point.  It's about spreading the virus in the school, and taking a vaccine does not prevent that.  So it makes no sense not to open schools until everyone single person is vaccinated.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, thaitom said:

But.... that brings me back to my original comment, That it makes no sense to have everyone in the home vaccinated when the vaccines do not keep you from getting it and spreading it.  The preventing serious illness, hospitalization and death is not the point.  It's about spreading the virus in the school, and taking a vaccine does not prevent that.  So it makes no sense not to open schools until everyone single person is vaccinated.

I tend to agree. Schools should vaccinate all their teaching and ancillary staff, but surely parents should be responsible for themselves. No one (in Thailand anyway) is suggesting vaccinating young kids.

2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I tend to agree. Schools should vaccinate all their teaching and ancillary staff, but surely parents should be responsible for themselves. No one (in Thailand anyway) is suggesting vaccinating young kids.

That is a relief , if that was a condition for my daughter to go to school I would be looking into homeschooling material.

From the makers of SARS-CoV-2 ...... China approves COVID-19 vaccines for children above 3 years old               Yeah, I am interested to know how it is working out for China.

I think the earliest for reopening schools will be for term 2 starting in November. Depending on the Covid situation by then, of course.

With young kids unable to be vaccinated, it would be easy for one infected child to spread it to the whole school within a few days before being diagnosed. 

Is there any info about them planning to reopen before the start of next term?