Why Makro Why????

dingdongrb

2 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Picky, picky? It is called marketing. The world does not revolve around you.

I was expecting a shrewd reply, but so quickly?

If it's marketing then why did it take them so long to do? If it's marketing why aren't they stocking newer/different item?

Like I said, I have my reasons for questioning what I thought was a convenience, at least for me.

Thanks for showing up.....

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

It's not fun to re-chase everything down....

Makro does do this semi regularly.....

There's probably a reason for it - maybe....

Totally agree about having to 're-chase'.

The Makro I am speaking of has kept everything pretty much in the same location for the past 8 yrs of so. There's been a few changes along the way but nothing compared to what is currently occurring.

2 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

No one can control what a major retailer does and why.

If it is such a hassle and bothers a person, shop some place else.

Not a huge hassle but more of an inconvenience (at least for me). I was just questioning as to why they might do this hoping to get more detailed responses rather than the typical TV bashing.

I find the traffic and the way many drive a real hassle, should I start using my jet-pack?

29 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

Totally agree about having to 're-chase'.

The Makro I am speaking of has kept everything pretty much in the same location for the past 8 yrs of so. There's been a few changes along the way but nothing compared to what is currently occurring.

It's not just makro, all these types of stores are if you like, making their aisles the same in each and every store so that if a customer goes from one Makro to the other they can find the products they want in the same aisle as the other previous stores, e.g. sugar aisle 8, spaghetti aisle 14.

It's a hassle in the beginning, but with change we adapt, as much as we are hesitant, it's also for store employees when ordering and when unpacking and also going to a different store, everything is or will be the same, part of their training as well, i.e. to remember where things are in case someone ask, e.g. if I was working in a Phuket Makro and then was sent to work at a Phuket Town Makro, (don't know if they have them), it's an example, normally items would be in different aisles, but now that are in the same aisles.

Hope that makes sense, peeees me off to, but eventually it will become 2nd nature to you, once again. 

I was in retail for a number of years back in the States. My stores would do exactly this, rearrange things for no good reason. Sometimes I got excuses like "market research determined this is a more ideal location for the product" or some such BS. I never bought it.

I then had one manager finally admit it to me. It's quite simple really. Customers spend more time searching for what they need, and in the process, buy more.

• Like 2

If Makro moving things around bothers you so much, perhaps there are deeper issues?

Why fret what you have no control over instead of being thankful you have the financial means to grocery shop for whatever you want.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

With supermarkets being so big in area these days and for a few years in fact, I have been saying, why not a floor map showing where categories are located?

With everything being computerised, it seems reasonable to me that there could be a digital floor map (with GPS of course); type in any product and get a "road map" from wherever you are from your phone! One still has to walk past any marketing strategies on the way.

• Haha 1

As with the Tesco takeover, Makro is going thu a reformation by Mr CPs company to create more shelf space which includes, you guessed it, more CPALL product and far far less imports.

Maehia Makro started by moving the eggs.... hiding them between freezers and escalator, next the veggie section got turned 90 degrees and one can barely fit a trolley between the aisles. 

A reduction in imported product will send more of us to Rimping or Central.  No big deal.

1 hour ago, dingdongrb said:

The Makro I am speaking of has kept everything pretty much in the same location for the past 8 yrs

which is probably why the last manager got fired and the new one is trying not to get fired. 

My wife is not satisfied until she spends an hour in a place like Makro... she will enjoy the challenge. 

• Haha 2