Foreign retirees arrested for overstay after failing to pay 1 million baht rent on luxury Bangkok condo

webfact

The presenter is smiling under the mask and the audience is surely laughing.  This could all be in jest.  Two older men having some giggles and hopefully everybody else sees the humor with the exception of the landlord.  

• Confused 4

46 minutes ago, Excel said:

So now 21 days of overstay is an arrestable offence for which you will be blacklisted according to this report. Has the rules changed since this ?

https://thailandtravelessentials.com/thailand-overstay/#:~:text=For one day overstay in,of 1 year is applied.

Actually the rules say :

"Note that if an immigration officer catches a person who has overstayed his visa in Thailand, he or she might be taken to jail or nearest immigration office for further investigation."

So these were caught by an immigration officer and arrested. I have often seen prople asking about overstay fines on this forum and most replies go in the line of "Just don't get stopped by the police."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, atpeace said:

Never seen this type. I see angry old men but most are nice enough.  I have have seen a few that are sincerely in financial trouble and this is sad.  We will all get old and hope to have planned well enough to do it semi-gracefully.

Planned to be in the correct country can be beneficial. Huge differences even in so called wealthy countries . A sign of wealth is how the old people are cared for . 

3 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

Yeah right, beware good Thai people (Khon Thais in French) these white people of undetermined nationality are all obnoxious crooks, endangering our Kingdom, a lot more than those "procuring" the vaccines.

These two here definitely seem to be crooks, yes. 

I hope the Government dont take this as an excuse to add

a levy on us for Farangs that don't pay their rent ,like they are

going to do for those that skip their bills at hospitals..

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

This story simply does not pass the smell test. A few things do not add up. First of all, 100,00 baht a month for a room? Yeah, right. Second, no Thai landlord would let a foreigner stay in their place for almost a year, without paying rent. It would never happen. They would have a multitude of remedies available to them.

So, as is often the case, there is far more going on here, than meets the eye.

And for sure paid 1 month in advance and 2 as a guarantee.

Why Thais always call it a room?