Thailand reports 3,277 new COVID-19 cases, 29 new deaths

webfact

26 minutes ago, morrobay said:

Yes the alpha strain may have the potential for R0 = 4 in some particular environments. With the data from worldmeter for April 1 to now and given only 4 alpha strain infections in Thailand on April 1 then this calculation , as shown in wiki screenshot (second equation) : 4 x (1.567)^24 = 192183 . If you plug an R0 of 4 Into above the infections. are in trillions. * the exponent of growth,24 is from 72days/3 day generation/ infection interval. So R0 of 1.567 in Thailand , from givens.

I

Screenshot_2021-06-13-07-56-32-63.jpg

A huge problem with your calculation is that it takes no account of social distancing and lockdown measures. Maybe if everyone in Thailand was unmasked and spending their evenings in bars and nightclubs, you might have a point.

8 minutes ago, placeholder said:

A huge problem with your calculation is that it takes no account of social distancing and lockdown measures. Maybe if everyone in Thailand was unmasked and spending their evenings in bars and nightclubs, you might have a point.

What calculation are you referring to ? The R0 = 1.567 that agrees with data and implies masks,social distancing. Or the R0 of 4-5 for alpha strain given in your link ? And as stated in my post above: 'Yes the alpha strain may have the potential to have R0=4 in some particular environments. 

So the gf and myself started little betting game (20baht).

You pic two numbers. Outside positives and prison positives. 

So for today I picked 2400 and 400.

My problem she won't pay. States I use thaivisa and farang cheat numbers.

What the!

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So the gf and myself started little betting game (20baht).

You pic two numbers. Outside positives and prison positives. 

So for today I picked 2400 and 400.

My problem she won't pay. States I use thaivisa and farang cheat numbers.

What the!

Gambling is illegal. I will not tell ????