I will never understand them

Rampant Rabbit

1 hour ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

And to get back to that, Wife advertised on Facebook ,  it appears to be  filled with the dregs of  Thai society, people saying they are despearte for a job, saying theyll be there in 2  days then not  coming, or  the latest claiming they dont  have enough  money fo the bus  fare here and  hoping  we'll  send it .......dream on and finally  Saturday one couple said they will start today, Wife  gets a  call from "someone"  today who says  they arent  coming but he  will  come  instead, erm no thanks.

Never  seen such a useless  bunch of children  in my life, will conitnue  doing it  myself, it's  really  not  hard work.

Sad; but seemingly not unexpected. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Everyone was in 300? Even the boss of the group? 

They didn't have a drill? To mix the cement, render? Did they nail the ceiling in or screw it by hand.

Those seat benches out the front should have had steel rods drilled into the "sao" to support them.

I reckon the blokes I use with their own tools would get it done about 3 times faster to be honest. So 800 per day verses 300 per day works out probably about the same in the end. 

And the right power tools are needed to do a quality job on a house build. I reckon they would cut corners because without tools some jobs would be too hard to do properly. Mai bpen Rai.

I hope for your sake I am wrong.

I  remember the boss builder was a relative of my GF, one of his sisters married to my GF's brother. He wasn't on a wage, I assume he got the profit after costs of materials and labor. 300K baht was the price.

I kid you not, all the cement was mixed manually. The ceiling is suspended from steel strapping, has 6" insulation.

Foundations were dug down about 1.5 metres.

I'm no expert, but to me everyone seemed to know what they were doing.

A couple of photos during the build.IMG20170305071119.thumb.jpg.8bd8943d573b864b30e514cc7e7f59aa.jpg

The area is known for earthquakes, have 2 or 3 every year. So far, not a single crack in the walls.

IMG20170326074801.jpg

• Like 2

On 6/13/2021 at 6:23 AM, ColeBOzbourne said:

The strangest people I ever met was after placing an add in the paper looking to rent out part of my house in order to have a care-taker there while I was off traveling. Never again! One lady said her husband had just got out of prison, he was dangerous, and my house would be perfect because she needed a place to hide.

At least, she was honest with you.

Update, after  a few  ads  on facebook and over 100 replies  all "desperate"  for a job, seems  facebook is  full  of timewasters/loafers, many say they need a  job but never  turn  up, some repeatedly  call saying they  will be there wednesday, thursday, Friday etc, Wife  is  now  being rather  blunt with them telling them a few  home truths, originally from Loei she knows what hard work is and shes  telling them how she dragged herself out of their endless poverty cycle and to stop wasting her  time.

So there you go all unemployed but basically useless and all whinging about   how  poor  they are, poor for a reason  the wife says, just lazy she has no time for the alleged  "poor"

I  carry  on doing it myself, takes me 3-4  hours a  day to keep the place  tidy.

On 6/14/2021 at 4:09 PM, moe666 said:

What makes you think you need to understand them.

Because they whinge  bitch and moan about being poor  as if  money  should  just walk into their  hands for free, but dont  want to make any effort  in life.